Game disk not reading

Discus and support Game disk not reading in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I borrow a copy of red dead redemption off of someone which worked fine in their console but when I try it in mine it doesn't register it or ask to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JoshRankin2, Apr 7, 2020.

1. JoshRankin2
    JoshRankin2 Guest

Game disk not reading

Hi

I borrow a copy of red dead redemption off of someone which worked fine in their console but when I try it in mine it doesn't register it or ask to install it. I have tried a full reboot and cleaning the disk. Is there anything else I can try or would I
    have to purchase a digital version

Thanks in advance

:)

JoshRankin2, Apr 7, 2020
  2. W4RMIND Win User

Kicked to Dashboard While Playing!!

What game was it? What I'm hearing is the disk read error, ship it to microsoft and they'll fix it. This is caused when the reading lens get stuck far back so instead of reading disk, it reads the edge of the disk causing this frustrating error.
  3. JoshRankin2 Win User

Game disk not reading

The system might need a cleaning
    Would that be an issue if several other disks read perfectly fine
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Game disk not reading

Hey there JoshRankin2,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for help in attempting to get this game working on your console as well as it does on your friends. I can totally understand how this could throw anyone off, but hopefully some of our input can be of assistance. I suggest
    trying a soft factory reset of the console. It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

When you get the chance, try following the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    , selecting the option denoted reset and keep my games & apps and let us know how that helps with the issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reading!
  5. zack lewis Win User

Game disk not reading

try to clean the disk or get the scratches off
  6. Jaydad17 Win User

Game disk not reading

The system might need a cleaning
Thema:

Game disk not reading

1. Game disk not reading - Similar Threads - Game disk reading

2. Xbox One X wont read smaller Game Disks.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X wont read smaller Game Disks.: A while ago I bought Xcom 2 Brand new I installed it on my Xbox one X and it played fine for a while then stopped, I recently bought a Brand new copy of Sudden Strike 4 and it refused to even...
  3. Error: Unable to read the disk ... Note Game AC ROGUE - Game With Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error: Unable to read the disk ... Note Game AC ROGUE - Game With Gold: Hello dear! I come through this contact to inform that the game AC Rogue and NFS Carbons, both available for download "Games With Gold" have error, both games guide restart the console and clean...
  4. Won’t read game disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won’t read game disk: One of my games wont start anymore as my xbox doesnt recongise the disk. I have a second copy of the same game but it doesnt recgnise this either. all other game disks work fine....
  5. Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?: So thats one of the three errors I get. Dark Souls is the game I'm having the issue with. Another one is The Game Couldn't start, Try Downloading the game again. But the game isn't showing up on...
  6. Disk drive doesn't read games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk drive doesn't read games: when I put disks in my Xbox it doesn't read them. I would get it fixed or buy a new one but don't have enough money and i don't want to spend money on anyway I was just wondering if you could...
  7. My xbox one wont read disks or run downloaded games and i have a warranty what do i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one wont read disks or run downloaded games and i have a warranty what do i do: my xbox one is not working and microsoft said i can get a new one with the warranty i have 0c8d542f-ca84-4df7-a45d-9c4670ac2989
  8. Xbox One will not read game or movie disks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One will not read game or movie disks.: My problem started a couple months ago. It started not reading any game disks. I would have to put the disk in several times to finally get to work. It would read movies just fine at the time. Now...
  9. disk read error but only on one game

in XBoX on Consoles
    disk read error but only on one game: I also have the disk read error which appears at random times throughout the game. I do not believe that it is an actual disk read error as it sometimes occurs when I doubt that the disk is being...
  10. disk read error but only on one game

in XBoX on Consoles
    disk read error but only on one game: I purchased Dragon Age Inquisition this morning came home installed the install disk then played the game disc and after a few minutes right after the character creation before the cinematic part...