Game download bandwidth control

Discus and support Game download bandwidth control in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I read a discussion from 2015 on this issue while Googling to see if the option was there. Why have you not chosen an option to allow users to set... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by roylee19708887, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Game download bandwidth control

I read a discussion from 2015 on this issue while Googling to see if the option was there. Why have you not chosen an option to allow users to set download bandwidth in Windows store or the xbox beta? It was brought to your attention at least 4 years ago
    and your representative handling then was less than understanding about it. This is a common courtesy to users in any client I have ever seen. There's no reason you should take all of an accounts bandwidth leaving the rest of the home with at best very slow
    internet browsing options. It also leaves me without the ability to do anything else on my computer since it is the only one I have in the home while a game is downloading. This would be a simple thing to do with all the talent you have working for you. I
    was getting fed up with games passing Steam up or setting game release dates for a year later and started browsing for a replacement. I was going to Epic then I saw the option through you with the gamepass and it made you the clear choice but I have to say
    this download issue is a deal breaker. I am so turned off by it I gave the 3 months of free gamepass that came along with my new CPU to my nephew. I don't even want it for free if you refuse to listen to your users about something that is just basic common
    courtesy.

:)

roylee19708887, Sep 13, 2019
  2. roylee19708887 Win User

If the developers do not come here feel free to delete it since I am unable to.
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

You make apart a some Insider version? You can Make the Bandwith control in your Router too
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi
    roylee19708887

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums. If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit. Sadly, the developers
    do not come to the forums and are unlikely to see your post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

Here are some helpful tips for getting started:

1. Visit an Idea Drive post that you’re interested in on the Xbox Idea Hub.
    2. If you have an idea related to that Idea Drive, share it by posting a comment. Don’t forget to comment on other posts to help build on community-driven ideas.
    3. Once you’ve posted an idea (or even if you didn’t!), upvote any comments that you really agree with – this will allow us a better view of the top ideas in an Idea Drive at that time.
    4. Check back often while the Idea Drive is open to continue upvoting new ideas and to see what other Idea Drives will be offered in this new space.

I hope that this information helps out and thanks for coming to the forums!
  5. roylee19708887 Win User

You make apart a some Insider version? You can Make the Bandwith control in your Router too
    Why should I have to Google how to do that when this is a company trying to sell me a product and refuses to do something that is just a standard practice in the industry? Is that not something specific to each computer? If I set the bandwidth to my computer
    for this game download and it being the only computer in my house nothing changes. I'm still unable to use that extra speed I freed up.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Extreme Bandwidth Usage

Hi there Omega,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the current issue with bandwidth usage. I recommend to try the following resource article from the Xbox Support website:

Manage network bandwidth for game downloads on Xbox One

Features that are implemented in bandwidth usage are game updates, system updates, multiplayer matches, party chats, game DVR uploads/downloads, and any new downloads.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
Thema:

1. Game download bandwidth control - Similar Threads - Game download bandwidth

2. admin approval for downloading games xbox beta app pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    admin approval for downloading games xbox beta app pc: Hello, I have been trying to download games from the xbox pc app but it stops the download and asks for admin approval - there is only one account on my pc and thats mine and I'v tried every way...
  3. downloading raymond legend saved game from cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    downloading raymond legend saved game from cloud: My son started "new game" on Raymond Legends on xbox one. He was only in the new game for less than a minute before he realized it wasn't the saved game. When I look at my xBox account it says...
  4. Can’t download my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t download my games: hi i cant download any of my games it just says installation stopped do any of you know how i can fix this 000ac7eb-ef10-4b22-affe-f8c7ea33233e
  5. Gears 5 download game pass pc beta

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 download game pass pc beta: I was able to play gears 5 on the first day of its early release with the game pass on PC, even so the next few days. Then on its actual release date i think it had an update and it wouldn't...
  6. Downloaded game title displays as ''My app title in LANGUAGE''

in XboX Insiders
    Downloaded game title displays as ''My app title in LANGUAGE'': I downloaded the game Colina Legacy but the title says ''My app title in LANGUAGE''. It appears as that everywhere apart from the recently placed home slot. I tried google'n it but there is...
  7. Gears 5 not downloading/starting Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 not downloading/starting Xbox Game Pass PC: Hello everyone, Wanted to see if there were any known fixes for the issues. So I have been playing Gears for since launch without any problems, but yesterday Gears 5 wouldn't let start. So when...
  8. Can't download games on xbox app on PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download games on xbox app on PC?: Hello I just got the Xbox ultimate game pass yesterday. I've tried downloading two games so far: Gears 5 and Metro Exodus. However both games are stuck at 1% with 0B/s. Initially they would...
  9. no puedo descargar un juego de la store (I can't download a game from the store)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no puedo descargar un juego de la store (I can't download a game from the store): buenas tardes, el problema que presento en estos momentos es la siguiente: tengo el xbox game pass y quiero descargar el gears of war 5 pero al querer hacer clic en instalar el cursor se convierte...
  10. Bandwidth usage issue. Since may 31st my usage has not been accurate. I downloaded a game...

in XboX Insiders
    Bandwidth usage issue. Since may 31st my usage has not been accurate. I downloaded a game...: [IMG] submitted by /u/NFG-BaldingChad [link] [comments]