game drive format

Discus and support game drive format in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i formatted my 3TB seagate drive to my xbox so i could store games on it, but now i want to format it again so that i can use it on my computer but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wiener247, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Wiener247
    Wiener247 Guest

game drive format

So i formatted my 3TB seagate drive to my xbox so i could store games on it, but now i want to format it again so that i can use it on my computer but i cant find out how, The drive isnt listed in Devices and drives in file explorer.

:)

Wiener247, Sep 15, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

game drive format

Your drive can be formatted for Xbox or the computer, not both and play games from it
  3. ArminatorX Win User

All my games are gone and don’t want to reinstall

Can you (just for testing purposes) unplug the Seagate hard drive and try to install one game on your internal hard drive?

If that works, try if it's possible to format the Seagate Harddrive on a PC, and do NOT use Quick format. With Quick Format, only the "table of contents" of a hard drive get overwritten, but by doing a "regular" format, each part of the drive will be formatted,
    and you can check if parts of the drive platter became defective.

If the Format was successful, try to connect the drive to your console again, and have the console format it again for game storage.

If the drive shows signs of corruption or is unable to be formatted on PC, check on the Seagate website, if the drive is within warranty and can be replaced/repaired.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

External Hard Drive not available as capture location?

The Xbox will only format the drive in order to store games on it in a special Xbox format.

In order to use the drive as media storage or capture drive, you will have to format the drive on a PC. If MacOS has trouble with NTFS, I recommend asking a friend with Windows, or using Bootcamp on your Mac to dual boot into a native Windows installation
    to format your drive.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

External Hard Drive Formatting Time

Formatting a hard drive for games on the Xbox One should only take a few minutes. If it has been nearly 2 days and still not formatted, then there is either something wrong with the console or the hard drive. I would suggest powering down the console,
    then try formatting the hard drive to NTFS format on your PC, then try formatting the hard drive on the console again.
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Loading games off external Hard drive doesn't work (Xbox One)

Hi Titan,

Thank you for the updates regarding this situation!

I would say, trying connecting the external hard drive to a Laptop/PC. If it appears then

format the drive
    . If it doesn't appear then there is an issue with the drive.

Once the drive is formatted, plug it back into the console (it may format again to the correct format - NTFS). Then transfer one of the games onto the external drive and see if it works.

I hope this helps!
Thema:

game drive format

1. game drive format - Similar Threads - game drive format

2. Cannot install games on C drive says it is not formated to NTFS.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install games on C drive says it is not formated to NTFS.: I'm trying to download fallout 76 on my c drive because on my d drive I don't have any of the folders that say 86 programs or 64 the game just downloads directly to the folder but even though its...
  3. External Hard drive won’t delete games or format

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard drive won’t delete games or format: So recently I have had an issue with openning games. The “took too long to start” message will appear. I found that the few games loaded to my actual internal hard drive open just fine when the...
  4. Xbox app won't allow me to install games as my drive isn't NTFS formatted

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app won't allow me to install games as my drive isn't NTFS formatted: So as the title says I can't install games, however I already installed Halo, Forza Horizon and Sea of Thieves before I started getting this error message. Seeing as this issue kinda stops me...
  5. I am trying to use the xbox app to download games and it says my hard drive isn't formatted...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to use the xbox app to download games and it says my hard drive isn't formatted...: I'm kinda irritated about this because I got gamepass for the simple purpose of being able to play crusader kings 3 and age of empires with it since they're free, but cant because the app is...
  6. External Hard drive game recovery, and Format storage device error

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive game recovery, and Format storage device error: I have had a 2 TB seagate external storage device for about a year now, this past Saturday I came back from vacation to my xbox telling me I needed to format my storage device, and saying it was...
  7. Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox (8TB) Not Formatting to 8TB!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox (8TB) Not Formatting to 8TB!!: Seagate Game Drive Hub for Xbox (8TB) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/seagate-game-drive-hub-for-xbox-8tb/8vvhcg3k376q?wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab Using an Xbox One X Gears...
  8. Cannot install games on D drive says it is not formated to NTFS.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install games on D drive says it is not formated to NTFS.: Every game I go to install it gives be a selection of where I want to install it, On C or D drive. C drive doesn't have an issue but when I select D drive it says "For this game. choose a drive...
  9. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  10. Capturing Game Clips to External Drive Requires NTFS Format Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capturing Game Clips to External Drive Requires NTFS Format Question: Hello everyone, I'm trying to capture extended game clips to an external hard drive. When I connect it and change the save location in settings it gives me the option of Internal or EFI. I'm...