Game DVR 1440p @ 60FPS Option Needed Badly

Discus and support Game DVR 1440p @ 60FPS Option Needed Badly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I now play on PC in 1440p @ 120fps...I come back to Xbox to play with friends. However, game DVR only has two options...4K SDR/HDR or 1080p (low... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Irish Tracker, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Game DVR 1440p @ 60FPS Option Needed Badly

I now play on PC in 1440p @ 120fps...I come back to Xbox to play with friends. However, game DVR only has two options...4K SDR/HDR or 1080p (low quality bitrate). Please add the ability to record DVR 1440p @60fps. My Xbox monitor displays at 1440p 120fps
    on a AMD Freesync IPS 32 inch panel. Please allow the Xbox to be displayed at 1440p @ 120fps and record game dvr at 1440p @60fps.

Why not just go 4K? I have learned from my experiences on PC, Xbox and Playstation that most game developers struggle with consistently achieving steady 60fps in 4K. Therefore, it is better to drop from 4K to 2K (1440p) because it helps the console achieve
    a smoother FPS experience, without sacrificing an enhanced image quality. On PC i drop from 4K to 2K and my frame rate goes from 75 fps (4K) to 120 fps (1440p). Therefore, the sweet spot in balancing image quality with consistent frame rate is 2K (1440). I
    set the Xbox One X to play at 1440p 120fps (w/AMD Freesync), if the GameDVR can produce 4K HDR/SDR at 60fps, there is no reason it should not be able to record 1440p SDR @ 60fps. Microsoft, please make this happen in the next Xbox Update.

Am I missing something in the settings to make this happen or is this feature not yet available? Feel free to comment below. Peace!

:)

Irish Tracker, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Please send me a better Xbox Forums place to post and I would be happy to. I thought the whole point was to have things on Xbox and not on other platforms.
    Unfortunately there isn't one at present. Otherwise we would certainly direct you there. As I understand it, the Xbox team don't visit forums for user ideas anyway.

I understand what you're saying about the ability for the machine to easily record at 2560x1440 if it can do 4K 60. However, I'm not sure if there would be much call for it for console only players. Also, with the exceptions of the later Forza games on
    the One X and the Cod and Battlefield games, most Xbox games run at 30fps, what would be the point of recording extra frames that don't exist?

I don't want to be pedantic, but actually 1440P isn't 2K. A proper 2K resolution is 2048x1080. 1440P (or 2560x1440) is actually 2.5K
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

I agree, I would love to see these options given to Xbox in our screenshots and game clips. Some games are just so beautiful and it feels at times that when I make captures, it doesn't fully capture that.
  5. GroundOregano94 Win User

6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Thema:

1. Game DVR 1440p @ 60FPS Option Needed Badly - Similar Threads - Game DVR 1440p

2. Can you use Windows Game Bar DVR to record native ultrawide?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use Windows Game Bar DVR to record native ultrawide?: I wanted to switch from Nvidia ShadowPlay to the Game Bar DVR since the interface is much smoother to use and faster to launch (especially since it added a FPS counter, it's pretty much feature...
  3. Game DVR: Can't record right now. Try again later.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVR: Can't record right now. Try again later.: Hi, So I have this problem since I a few months. Previously I could record. But I can't now. It says 'Can't record right now. Try again later' when hitting record....
  4. Game Bar DVR Error 2184327175

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar DVR Error 2184327175: Hello. This is probably not the first time you guys have heard of the game bar DVR error code 2184327175 I don't know why this code decided to somehow fall into my hands.. And how it happened. My...
  5. Xbox Game DVR

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game DVR: Hello, When I use the Game dvr to record clips, around 80% of the time my clip will only show a still image. The clip will have audio, but the video will be frozen. This happens on all games I...
  6. Game DVR, lo hizo de nuevo :( [Mod Translation - Game DVR, did it again]

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVR, lo hizo de nuevo :( [Mod Translation - Game DVR, did it again]: ¡Hola Microsofters! Soy yo el bueno de , el Game DVR me ha estado causando *VARIOS* problemas, El sistema en si, es bueno, pero en mi PC ha fallado en varios aspectos: 1- Por alguna razón que...
  7. Game DVR

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVR: Hello, I was running a recording with the Game DVR and it had been an hour already and unexpectedly I turned off the laptop for lack of battery ... I could not recover the video, I can not get it...
  8. Poor Audio Quality with Blue Snowball Microphone and Xbox Game DVR

in XboX Insiders
    Poor Audio Quality with Blue Snowball Microphone and Xbox Game DVR: Hello! A little while ago, I purchased a Blue Snowball microphone to use for commentating during recordings with Xbox Game DVR. Unfortunately, every time I try to use the microphone with Game DVR,...
  9. ゲームDVRの録画タイマーの移動について[Translation-About moving the game DVR recording timer]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ゲームDVRの録画タイマーの移動について[Translation-About moving the game DVR recording timer]: 2019/8/6前後のWindows updateの後、ゲー DVRのUIが変わり、動画録画中の録画タイマーが画面右上から動かせなくなってしまいました。 以前はドラッグ&ドロップで好きな 所に動かせたのですが今は全く動かず、 れては困る 所を してしまうためにとても困っています。 これを動かす方法、もしくは非表示にする方法、もしくは元のUIに戻す方法など、解決策があれば教えてく さい。...
  10. Game DVR and One Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR and One Drive: Hi, it's been now 2 months I can't upload my game videos or picture on One Drive from the game DVR app, I recently tried with twitter but it seems that it got the same fate as One Drive, every...