Game DVR and external storage.

Discus and support Game DVR and external storage. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Currently trying to get my head around an issue I'm having with capturing to external storage which I have tested on two 4TB drives, when the drive... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/WoodlandSpirit, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Game DVR and external storage.

Currently trying to get my head around an issue I'm having with capturing to external storage which I have tested on two 4TB drives, when the drive gets half full of recordings the game DVR stops recording to the drive even though it says it's recording at the time, the best I get is a 1K file of no recording.

A question I have is, is there anything with a performance/free capacity impact that would cause problems with the game DVR? If I mess about with the files, when sorting something for YouTube I can get it recording to the drive again but I'm soon back at square one again when the drive fills up again.

I've done a very basic report so far but this seems to be a more complicated issue.

submitted by /u/WoodlandSpirit
    [link] [comments]

/u/WoodlandSpirit, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Frathos Win User

Added External Drive, can I transfer captures that are on Internal, if so how?

AFAIK, game dvr saves are stored in the reserved part of the internal HDD. That internal storage space is limited so to allow extended clips the option to use an external HDD was added however it can only be used with an NTFS formatted HDD. An NTFS formatted
    HDD cannot however be used to save games and apps which need an Xbox format so you will need to chose between the two usage cases or add a second external HDD if you wish to have both external games/apps storage and game dvr clips.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

edit xbox clips on xbox app on pc and upload it

Hi Rastigan,

The only videos that are eligible for upload is if they have been recorded using the Game DVR, if a video is taken from Game DVR and edited externally, the Xbox App will recognize the file as external and not allow it to be uploaded.

I hope this information helps, thanks.
  4. tohellnbak Win User

Can we get a higher GameDVR bitrate please?

problem is the game DVR is cloud stored and would have nothing to do with your external drive...
  5. BraddingoHD Win User

All digital games won't install saying "installing"

Do you have room on your internal/external storage? sometimes games require storage on internal and external
  6. mrbofus_ Win User

Xbox 360 won't boot with USB external hard drive connected

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, we don't use the external storage for anything game related. We only use the external storage for videos.
Thema:

Game DVR and external storage.

1. Game DVR and external storage. - Similar Threads - Game DVR external

2. Poor Audio Quality with Blue Snowball Microphone and Xbox Game DVR

in XboX Insiders
    Poor Audio Quality with Blue Snowball Microphone and Xbox Game DVR: Hello! A little while ago, I purchased a Blue Snowball microphone to use for commentating during recordings with Xbox Game DVR. Unfortunately, every time I try to use the microphone with Game DVR,...
  3. ゲームDVRの録画タイマーの移動について[Translation-About moving the game DVR recording timer]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ゲームDVRの録画タイマーの移動について[Translation-About moving the game DVR recording timer]: 2019/8/6前後のWindows updateの後、ゲー DVRのUIが変わり、動画録画中の録画タイマーが画面右上から動かせなくなってしまいました。 以前はドラッグ&ドロップで好きな 所に動かせたのですが今は全く動かず、 れては困る 所を してしまうためにとても困っています。 これを動かす方法、もしくは非表示にする方法、もしくは元のUIに戻す方法など、解決策があれば教えてく さい。...
  4. Game DVR and One Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR and One Drive: Hi, it's been now 2 months I can't upload my game videos or picture on One Drive from the game DVR app, I recently tried with twitter but it seems that it got the same fate as One Drive, every...
  5. Xbox GAME DVR not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox GAME DVR not working: Hi All, Thanks for your help in advance. The DVR is not working with below error checking the error code, should be this: 0x82323016-2110640106GAMEDVR_E_MSBASICRENDERDEVICEN/Adesktoperrors.h...
  6. Game DVR and gaming settings missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVR and gaming settings missing: No gaming settings, no advanced settings in xbox app, no game bar, no gaming mode, unable to install 1809 Oct media feature pack (update not applicable to your computer) ok that's an update for N...
  7. Not recording games before Upload Studio can edit 4k HDR Game DVR from external HDD!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not recording games before Upload Studio can edit 4k HDR Game DVR from external HDD!: Still waiting for Microsoft to further improve the Game DVR features on XBox One X. Most important is to upgrade Upload Studio to edit 4k HDR Game DVR from EXTERNAL HDD, instead of having to...
  8. X1X Game DVR 4K with External HDD capture....How to edit that content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1X Game DVR 4K with External HDD capture....How to edit that content?: I can capture up to 1hr worth of content in 4k onto an external HDD. Very cool, but you cannot view this or edit it on a separate PC. If we have to convert the file from what I'm sure is h.265...
  9. Game dvr/external harddrive problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game dvr/external harddrive problem.: Morning to all, maybe someone can help me.... Since plugging my usb external harddrive into my xbox one I am unable to record clips or take screenshots for some strange reason. Can someone please...
  10. Can I store Game DVR footage on to an external drive and edit it on my computer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I store Game DVR footage on to an external drive and edit it on my computer?: Just curious, my Capture card does not have HDMI so I can't use it on my Xbox One, is it possible to just store game DVR footage on a thumb drive/ external HDD and then edit it on my computer,...