Game DVR doesnt work properly with Warframe on One X if played from external storage device

Discus and support Game DVR doesnt work properly with Warframe on One X if played from external storage device in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, im having a bit of an existential crisis here with game capturing on my One X. The issue is that recodings just are plain out broken with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mainfrezzer, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Mainfrezzer
    Mainfrezzer Guest

Game DVR doesnt work properly with Warframe on One X if played from external storage device

Hello,
    im having a bit of an existential crisis here with game capturing on my One X.

The issue is that recodings just are plain out broken with Warframe and only Warframe on the One X, it works lovely one the One S or if stored on the internal HDD of the One X.

I did test an Evo 840 an Evo 850 SSD, 3 different SATA to USB Adapter and a Sandisk flashdrive.

I factory resetted the X etc etc. The only way to get it to work with Warframe is to have it be on the internal HDD. I even set the Xbox to record to a USB instead of the internal Harddrive, nothing changed.

If i press "record that", i get 4 second clips, sometimes 0, a couple 1 second clips ive gotten too. Starting the manual recording function for 2 Min at 1080p results in either, getting around 45 seconds of recording.

or

a notifications a lot later and the clip is just 17 seconds long.

(720p same shtick)

Its baffling that this is only happening with Warframe. Cyberpunk, Red Dead, Monster Hunter just all work normally if theyre stored on the SSD. That was never the case before, well i havent played Xbox basically since christmas last year, but then everything was just working.

Does anyone have this issue too?

:)

Mainfrezzer, Aug 2, 2021
  2. doomey Win User

How can I format my hdd?

3. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one s qs

Hi

As long as the external hard drive meets the standards below then it should work for storing games.

If the console is switched on when you first plug the drive in it should recognise it and offer you the option to format the drive for games storage.

"The basic requirements for storing games and apps on an external drive are:

Has capacity of 256 GB or more, and

Uses USB 3.0.

Devices that don’t meet these requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video. If you have a storage device that does meet these requirements for game and app storage, you can cancel the format to use it as a media device."

support.xbox.com/.../manage-storage

support.xbox.com/.../console-doesnt-detect-external-storage
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

Yes you can plug in the hard drive on the Xbox Series X, and the Xbox One, Xbox 360, & Xbox games will be able to be played straight away. If you have games on disc, just insert the disc, and the game should play as it does on the Xbox One.

Just remember you cannot play Xbox Series X games from the external hard drive, only from the internal and external SSD storage devices that are available for the Series X.
  5. XGN Corrupt Win User

Xbox not recognising my external drive after a patch

6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

how to reset my external storage

Thema:

1. Game DVR doesnt work properly with Warframe on One X if played from external storage device - Similar Threads - Game DVR doesnt

2. Game DVR Issues on my Series X, help me!!

in XboX Insiders
    Game DVR Issues on my Series X, help me!!: I'm having problems with Game DVR since I have got my Series X. It first start when I would be recording my game sessions on to an 64GB 3.1 flash drive for my YouTube Channel and it would abruptly...
  3. Xbox One Game DVR should record chat sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Game DVR should record chat sounds: I know ps4 and ps5 have the option. I think this would be a great idea to give us the option as well. Especially when playing warzone. Come on Microsoft step it up! Is it in the works at all??...
  4. Minecraft Game DVR clips coming out with choppy pixels on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft Game DVR clips coming out with choppy pixels on Series X: I have tried to record something in Minecraft on Series X, but the pixels continuously come out with distorted, choppy pixels when I am in a world. There is no visible issue in the actual game as...
  5. Is there anyway to change the file type of Game DVR recordings to save space?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there anyway to change the file type of Game DVR recordings to save space?: I use Game DVR because my laptop can't run OBS Studio. And OBS has an option to change the file type of the recordings. Game DVR doesn't, and recently I had recorded for about 1.5 hours with my...
  6. Captures and game dvr

in XBoX Accessibility
    Captures and game dvr: I need help with my captures on XBOX ONE, they are only clipping 5-20 seconds instead of 28 I have factory reset my console twice deleted all of my clips and almost all of my games (only have 2)...
  7. Xbox game DVR issues blacked out DVR clips

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game DVR issues blacked out DVR clips: I clipped a cool moment on the Xbox game DVR today and realized the clip was all black out (I’m on PC btw and I updated my drivers this morning which I haven’t done in a while) anyway my clips are...
  8. Xbox game DVR at 4kHDR and 4kSDR doesnt work

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game DVR at 4kHDR and 4kSDR doesnt work: Xbox game DVR at 4kHDR and 4kSDR only record for less than 30 secs. I have tried everything suggested online and didnt work. Any update coming soon? submitted by /u/DoodeAM [link] [comments]
  9. game dvr doesnt let you choose what mic to record with

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game dvr doesnt let you choose what mic to record with: i have a built in mic in my laptop that is broken but i have a good mic plugged in... for some reason it chooses to record with the broken one instead of letting me choose between input devices......
  10. Game DVR doesnt record game audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR doesnt record game audio: the video records fine but there is no sound when i watch my recording Can anyone help me fix it? 78334989-a65b-4920-93d3-c2f458b80cb5