Game failed to completely Uninstall from Xbox Game Pass

Discus and support Game failed to completely Uninstall from Xbox Game Pass in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey all, Tried to update State of Decay 2 to the new edition for the XBOX PC GAME PASS. Ended up having to uninstall it, but I think it got corrupted.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CaptainArticus, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Game failed to completely Uninstall from Xbox Game Pass

Hey all,

Tried to update State of Decay 2 to the new edition for the XBOX PC GAME PASS. Ended up having to uninstall it, but I think it got corrupted. The Game shows on the left list of "installed" games, with the option to play and uninstall. Choosing to uninstall
    does nothing, and pressing the play button crashes out Xbox PC Gamepass. When I go to the game page, it says I still have to install it, and when I attempt to install it, for a split second it, says Processing 0% and then flashes back to being just an install
    button and does nothing. I also tried to install it through the Microsoft App store, and it does the same thing.

Have tried rebooting, reinstalling game pass, reinstalling game services, and cleaning the system disk of temp files. There must be a registry entry somewhere that still has the game in it which thinks its "installed" but it isn't, as it isn't in the list
    of Apps to add or remove any more. Was wondering if any one had any more ideas short of reinstalling windows again just to get the game to work properly. Like where does game pass look for the list of "installed games" I'm thinking if I can clean it out
    there, I should be able to solve the problem. Thanks!

:)

CaptainArticus, Apr 3, 2020
  2. CaptainArticus Win User

For additional Information, I am able to pull down a new game, such as Blazing Chrome, install it, and play it...(and uninstall it successfully).
  3. CaptainArticus Win User

Yea I'm able to look at my installed games on the left, its says its installed, but it apparently isn't, as the actual landing page for the game says it needs to be installed. But thanks!
  4. Squiffy2020 Win User

I have exactly the same issue although its a different game (Two Point Hospital) have you found a solution to resolve?
  5. Hyper x Vacuumz Win User

I’m not entirely sure how to locate your installed games on PC as I play primarily on Xbox. I know that for my Xbox I am able to tab through the games that I have installed from Game Pass. I would assume that there is a way to find this on PC. I also noticed
    another user having a similar issue with State of Decay 2 earlier today.
  6. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Problems Starting Forza Horizon 4 on PC

I recommend that you uninstall the game and reinstall it but from the application of the xbox store not from the game pass application
Thema:

1. Game failed to completely Uninstall from Xbox Game Pass - Similar Threads - Game failed completely

2. Game fails to launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game fails to launch: I purchased and downloaded the game Stellaris. Once installed the game launches its first loading screen then after a few seconds it fades to black and returns me to the home screen. Ive gone...
  3. Fail to play "Monopoly Plus" game on xbox one console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fail to play "Monopoly Plus" game on xbox one console: I bought "Monopoly Plus" game from xbox one store. After installment, I could launch the game. But it always quit to console menu when it tries to login with my account. Then I can't play the...
  4. Failed updates need to STOP unistalling games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed updates need to STOP unistalling games: Only in this month, due power failures during the download of a update I've already lost: Destiny 2 (100+ GB) Red Dead Redemption 2 (100+ GB) Battlefield 5 (60+ GB) Doom Eternal (40+ GB) Some...
  5. Alien Isolation Game on PC issue with "Failed to access hard drive cache" error

in XBoX on Windows
    Alien Isolation Game on PC issue with "Failed to access hard drive cache" error: Hi This is a well know and common issue with the game and has a simple fix, except it doesn't when running via Xbox game pass. Essentially you will get so far in the game and then this error...
  6. Original Xbox game fails to download to Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game fails to download to Xbox 360: Hi there, When attempting to download Pirates! from Xbox Live to my Xbox 360 earlier today, the download would terminate at 80% completion and I would receive the message ‘can’t download...
  7. FAILED GAME CAPTURES

in XBoX on Consoles
    FAILED GAME CAPTURES: My Xbox One X will not capture game clips CORRECTLY. I HAVE ALREADY FOLLOWED THE XBOX SUPPORT TROUBLESHOOTER WHICH DID NOT HELP. HAVE TRIED HARD AND SOFT REBOOT WHICH USUALLY WORKS FOR ONE 30...
  8. Xbox fails to complete any the download or update of any apps, games or updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fails to complete any the download or update of any apps, games or updates: Hi I have been struggling the last couple of months to download new games or apps to my Xbox One. Downloads start a full expected speed, but suddenly stops after a short while. I checked with...
  9. Game installation stuck at 0%, then download fails completely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game installation stuck at 0%, then download fails completely: I go to load a game and it requires an update, so I go to update it. After a while the download fails and it says the following: 'We had to stop installing. If you're still connected, try...
  10. EA Access Vault games fail to download completely.

in XBoX on Consoles
    EA Access Vault games fail to download completely.: Since the new dashboard updates on the Xbox I can't download the EA Access vault games properly. A simple thing like restarting, turning off partially, or completely my console cause a weird...