Game freezes/stops responding when using keyboard and mouse.

Discus and support Game freezes/stops responding when using keyboard and mouse. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find anything. So, when I am playing PC gamepass games, the entire screen will freeze/stop responding when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MattKirgan, May 18, 2022.

1. MattKirgan
    MattKirgan Guest

I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find anything. So, when I am playing PC gamepass games, the entire screen will freeze/stop responding when I use the WASD keys, drag the mouse, or click any other keys/buttons. The screen will only unfreeze upon releasing said keys/buttons. I have already updated all drivers, every setting on my computer, and every app that is used along with making sure the game files were verified. The games run fine on controller but refuse to run with a mouse and keyboard. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

MattKirgan, May 18, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, MattKirgan. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

This issue happens on all games or only some games on Xbox App?

Do you have other games that are not from Game Pass that you can test to see if the issue happens with them too?

Does this issue started to happen as soon as you started playing Game Pass games or you were able to play them just fine for a while then they started freezing when using your mouse and keyboard?

Please answer these questions so I can better assist you with this.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

I understand.

Does this issue started to happen as soon as you installed these games or you were able to play them just fine for a while then they started freezing when using your mouse and keyboard?
  4. MattKirgan Win User

Only some games like Dead by Daylight and 7 Days to Die. Other games like Sea of Thieves or Aliens: Fireteam Elite run fine.
  5. reverse20 Win User

Who Would Play on Keyboard & Mouse

i play games on consoles because i suck at using a mouse and keyboard.

if xbox had a mouse and keyboard i would probably stop playing multiplayer because point and click is far superior to lining up sticks in shooters.
  6. zaynis Win User

keyboard and mouse

thanks for responding so fast, and for the information do you have any idea if it will ever be supported in the future? and one more question, do you need to purchase a keyboard and mouse specifically for xbox for them to work on supported games or can
    you just use any wired keyboard\mouse?
Thema:

1. Game freezes/stops responding when using keyboard and mouse. - Similar Threads - Game freezes stops

2. new Game bar version freezes PC & doesn't show icons on the volume widget, version...

in XboX Insiders
    new Game bar version freezes PC & doesn't show icons on the volume widget, version...: I'm on the Beta Build. I use my PC to play games while I listen to music & talk with my friends, it's very difficult to do that in the new Game bar version mainly because of 2 issues: It freezes...
  3. XBox Game Pass Gaming UI freezes game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Game Pass Gaming UI freezes game: The XBox Game Pass Gaming UI window that handles cloud saves makes my game freeze at startup. I can't even get to the main menu. I've tried running the game on windowed mode but the problem still...
  4. Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War - the game freezes (stops responding) on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War - the game freezes (stops responding) on Xbox One: I've already completed Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War campaign. They were no problems with it. Now when I run the game (on startscreen) it often stops responding to any buttons including Xbox...
  5. My Xbox One S stops loading a game and then freezes completely. I have tried rebooting the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S stops loading a game and then freezes completely. I have tried rebooting the...: Hello. My xbox keeps freezing. It will start aup and then freeze once it gets to the menu of games I have. I have tried rebooting, unplugging etc but nothing works. Please help. Thanks!...
  6. Could a game that freeze stop working damage the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could a game that freeze stop working damage the console?: Hi! I have xbox one x and wonder if it could make any damage to the console when a game freeze/stop working? Then you push xbox button to end the game and you get back to desktop (do not need to...
  7. Games won't stop freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games won't stop freezing: My xbox was fine until a few weeks ago when I started playing AC 4. About halfway through the game my xbox would start freezing while playing and I would keep having to restart my xbox and the...
  8. Every time I stop playing the game it freezes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I stop playing the game it freezes: Eery time I stop playing the game for more than 20 min the game freezez on whatever screen it was on, usualy the menu screne, and will not start working unless another game is loaded and then...
  9. Random Installation stops, game freezes, corrupted games, E105

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Installation stops, game freezes, corrupted games, E105: Hello, I'm having some problems on my console. My internet connection is perfect ... [img] ...but in the last days during some updates it randomly says "installation stopped". When I clicked...
  10. Xbox One has stopped running games and apps; home button freezes console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One has stopped running games and apps; home button freezes console: Hi, I tried chatting with a volunteer but the connection dropped, and I thought I had fixed this issue but it's reoccurring. The Xbox One starts fine, it's connected to Live, has had the latest...