game installation stopping

Discus and support game installation stopping in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so after accidentally formatting my external hard drive back in February I was happy to find my save games still in tact due to them being tied to my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GotPeakes, Aug 12, 2022.

1. GotPeakes
    GotPeakes Guest

so after accidentally formatting my external hard drive back in February I was happy to find my save games still in tact due to them being tied to my account, not my external hard drive but when I tried to reinstall red dead redemption 2, a 2 disc game, it keeps stopping after a certain point and I've tried everything it says to do. any help is appreciated.

:)

GotPeakes, Aug 12, 2022
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Installing a game and it stops installing

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  4. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. XBF Diego M Win User

Game Installation Stopped

Hey Maxime,

Great! I'm glad the installation is going good now. I wouldn't worry to much at the moment until you experience any more power issues, like randomly turning off, or any problems with turning on. Just make sure to keep it plugged into where it is now and
    keep it away from any other power strips. Most of them double as surge protectors since they are designed to handle a lot of devices and would need some kind of protection handling all those volts but the Xbox has it's own fuse to protect it so plugging it
    into another one just causes an inadequate power supply to your console.

Feel free to come back to the forums any time you need assistance!
Thema:

1. game installation stopping - Similar Threads - game installation stopping

2. Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App stopped launching some games, and gives error 0x00000001 when trying to install...: I have a dual-boot computer, I mostly use Linux and I was not gaming lately. Last Saturday (Sept 17th), I logged in Windows and tried to play Halo Infinitive and I would not launch. I then ran all...
  3. Series X Issue: The game says “Installation Stopped” but it’s done?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X Issue: The game says “Installation Stopped” but it’s done?: So I was installing an old game because I wanted to play it again and it gave me an “Installation stopped” on 71.5 percent, I thought I had to clean my disc but the disc is completely fine. I...
  4. After Canceling game install and putting back the disk in, stopped showing game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After Canceling game install and putting back the disk in, stopped showing game: Hi, I'm trying to play Lego World on Xbox and it seems that after I cancel the installation, the disk disappears and never comes back, please fix this problem. 7384cd38-20fc-4d49-8e52-71b65b4f8163
  5. Game keeps stopping install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps stopping install: I've been trying for 2 days now to download a game, it gets to around 20% then just stops and starts while not actually downloading. I've got no clue how to fix it and I've already tried to clear...
  6. How do I fix my apps/ games from saying installation stopped

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my apps/ games from saying installation stopped: My games/apps have been saying installation stopped. When I try to click install/update it stays at 0% for like 3-5 min then it gives me a notification that says “installation stopped” please help...
  7. Game won’t download and keeps saying installation stopped.

in XboX Insiders
    Game won’t download and keeps saying installation stopped.: Ok what happened is I’m trying to download a game, but it stops on a certain percentage, and says installation stopped. I have restarted, hard reset, waited a few days, changed from external to...
  8. Game installation stops on Series S after July update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game installation stops on Series S after July update: I purchased the Series S in June '22 and didn't have any issues in terms of downloading games till July. After the July update, I started experiencing the issue, games stop downloading/ Installing...
  9. My disc games get a installation stopped message when they are close to the ready to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My disc games get a installation stopped message when they are close to the ready to play...: So recently i got my xbox series x and i was going to install gta 5 disc not digitally and it started installing but when it got close to the “ready to play” it stopped downloading and an...
  10. Game installation stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game installation stopping: So I just purchased call of duty modern warfare for my xbox one but the game installation keeps stopping at 71%. I already tried to install again around 4 times. This is a disc game just purchased...