Game installation

Discus and support Game installation in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Minecraft on my gamer tag to install on my daughter's xbox with her gamer tag. The console won't let me install the game when I'm signed into... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by naosix, May 10, 2021.

1. naosix
    naosix Guest

Game installation

I bought Minecraft on my gamer tag to install on my daughter's xbox with her gamer tag. The console won't let me install the game when I'm signed into my account on her xbox. How do I install Minecraft on her console?

:)

naosix, May 10, 2021
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Installing a game and it stops installing

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  4. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. Dank Tamales Win User

Game not installing

Digital

A hard reset of the console can fix the problem. Hold the power button until it turns off completely then try again.
    It took two tries but I think it's working now! Thanks
Thema:

Game installation

1. Game installation - Similar Threads - Game installation

2. I bought a game on Xbox store but I can't install it on my Xbox 360 E.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game on Xbox store but I can't install it on my Xbox 360 E.: I purchased Watch Dogs from my notebook on Xbox website, but when I search for it on my console the option to buy appears, without an option to install it. I tried to turn off and turn on the...
  3. Can't install Game Pass for PC games to one of my hard drives

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Game Pass for PC games to one of my hard drives: I have 4 drives on my PC. 3 of them are able to have games installed to them, but one is giving me an error every time. In the error details it says that "something unexpected happened" and gives...
  4. on my xbox desktop app, I am getting 0 drives available when I am trying to install any game

in XBoX on Windows
    on my xbox desktop app, I am getting 0 drives available when I am trying to install any game: On my xbox desktop app, I am getting 0 drives available when I am trying to install any game. Does anyone know about this issue ? Windows 10 10.0.19042 Build [img]...
  5. I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on...: As title, I can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on the download page. This is something that has changed recently as I did have a number of games...
  6. Console unresponsive after every boot, games don't start, downloads don't install, apps...

in XboX Insiders
    Console unresponsive after every boot, games don't start, downloads don't install, apps...: Alpha SA, Series X. Full power cycle sometimes fixed it. OK, so I've been experiencing this issue for many weeks now but usually a restart fixes it. This time though, it won't start working at...
  7. Installed games missing form XBOX App

in XboX Insiders
    Installed games missing form XBOX App: I installed sims 4 yesterday and now the launcher is gone but the files are still there. If I try to install again it gives me an error. I already did that powershield thing it fixed it so I could...
  8. Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Game Installation Error/ Powershell Removal Error: Hi there everyone! Really trying to call in the troops on this one... I'm stumped. (That said, my skills here are also limited). I would seriously appreciate any help these forums have been very...
  9. Game Pass game installs to downloading at 0b/s

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass game installs to downloading at 0b/s: Hello everyone, I've been having some problems downloading Game Pass games recently. When I try to install games, it gets stuck downloading at 0b/s. A few other people in my house have been having...
  10. Game wont install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game wont install: Hello, my Call of Duty Warzone will not install. Microsoft will not let me interact with a real human, just the ai. I did everything the ai told me to do. So my question is, why won't my game...