Game installation

Discus and support Game installation in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to install a game but it keeps freezing. It has been stuck on 67.8% for 2 days. Any solutions? b57547ee-1f35-4896-a899-19f4cfc00f35 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Loserfruit#2622, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Game installation

I'm trying to install a game but it keeps freezing. It has been stuck on 67.8% for 2 days. Any solutions?

:)

Loserfruit#2622, Sep 15, 2021
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Installing a game and it stops installing

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  4. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. Dank Tamales Win User

Game not installing

Digital

A hard reset of the console can fix the problem. Hold the power button until it turns off completely then try again.
    It took two tries but I think it's working now! Thanks
Thema:

Game installation

1. Game installation - Similar Threads - Game installation

2. Game installing issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game installing issues: I have recently ran into an issue with downloading digital games. when I download a game it stays at 0% for a couple of minutes then it says installation stopped. I have enough space and I own the...
  3. Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change game install location in Xbox App Beta: My drop down menu for changing the install location looks like this: [img] I looked up the entire internet... reinstalling, powershell repair, normal repair, leaving the beta and entering it...
  4. XBOX game pass ultimate games wont install on my external hard drive anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX game pass ultimate games wont install on my external hard drive anymore: Hi! I'm having a problem on installing games on a Windows 10 PC from the XBOX game pass ultimate library. I'm trying to install on my external hard drive. I have set this to be my desired place to...
  5. Disc Game won't Play Already Installed Game

in XboX Insiders
    Disc Game won't Play Already Installed Game: wasn't sure how to title this but here's the situation. I had installed Doom Eternal on Game Pass. My GP is no longer active but I now have the disc. When I goto launch the disc it takes me to a...
  6. Xbox Insider Hub Installing Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Insider Hub Installing Game: "The Age of Empires IV Technical Stress Test begins September 17th. By joining now you are securing your spot for the Technical Stress Test when it begins. On September 17th, return to the Xbox...
  7. Xbox app doesn't show any drives to install games on windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app doesn't show any drives to install games on windows 11: Hello everyone, I have lost the ability to install games in my designated games drive. I have tried to select the drive in question as the main drive for installations inside the settings panel...
  8. Installing backwards compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing backwards compatible games: Hi guys so I just brought a ton of 360 and one games most are backwards compatible to play on my series x my question is I noted with 360 ones you just need to put the disk in start the install...
  9. Halo Master Chief Collection PC games will not install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master Chief Collection PC games will not install: On September 7th I was playing Halo MCC with some of my friends, the next day we got online and we had to reinstall the games and it didn't work. I have waited 1 week and I have looked on Discord...
  10. Cannot install any games on Xbox Game Pass except EA games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install any games on Xbox Game Pass except EA games: I just recently subscribed to Xbox Game Pass. I tried to download multiple games on Xbox Game list but only Fifa 21 works out for me I guess because of external EA app which help on the...