Game installation

Discus and support Game installation in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to install two games and they keep stopping at a certain percent I've tried everything for troubleshooting and there are no scratches... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JacksonHagen, May 22, 2022.

1. JacksonHagen
    JacksonHagen Guest

Game installation

I've been trying to install two games and they keep stopping at a certain percent I've tried everything for troubleshooting and there are no scratches on the game discs does anyone know why this would be happening

:)

JacksonHagen, May 22, 2022
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Installing a game and it stops installing

Hello Megan,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Is this game a digital download, or a disc game? If it is a disc game, the disc could be faulty if used. Let us know this detail and we will do our best to help you out.

I would also test out your console to see if it is capable of completing downloads. Cancel the download for the cars game. You can then try downloading a demo, or a free game like fortnite.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Curious, how long have you let it sit at 40%? I've had games do this occassionally, and I'll see it sitting still when downloading and not progressing. I've honestly just left it and did something else, and came back later (maybe a half hour) and then
    it would be moving a little again. I'm not sure if maybe the specific file it's downloading at that time might be larger or how it works, but I've done that before. I would let it sit for a little bit and see if it moves, but if it's not moving after 30-60
    minutes then yes try more troubleshooting. Good luck!
  4. meganRussell1 Win User

It has a notification come up saying installation has stopped.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. Dank Tamales Win User

Game not installing

Digital

A hard reset of the console can fix the problem. Hold the power button until it turns off completely then try again.
    It took two tries but I think it's working now! Thanks
Thema:

Game installation

1. Game installation - Similar Threads - Game installation

2. cant re-install gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    cant re-install gaming services: so yesterday i got 2 months of xbox gamepass ultimate but when i got home from school today, i couldnt launch any of the gamepass games i had installed, so i saw something saying i need to...
  3. Xbox on Windows keeps dropping games installed on Hard Drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox on Windows keeps dropping games installed on Hard Drives: Every once in a while, when I start up Xbox Games all of my installed games are missing and the App won't recognize my Hard Drives. I have to go through this Powershell Process to uninstall Gaming...
  4. PC game pass games not installing to the right drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC game pass games not installing to the right drive.: I recently purchased Pc game pass, but installing games has given me trouble. When I try to install any game it goes to my C: SSD, yet I only have 44 GB remaining on it. I am trying to get the...
  5. Unable to install games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install games.: Hello, I was not able to reach any microsoft support thats why im posting here.. Problem is that im not able to install games via xbox game pass on windows 10. At the beginning i had...
  6. Installing games via the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing games via the Xbox app on PC: I just purchased game pass ultimate and am trying to download games. It is letting me download some games, but not all the games. I am only really wanting to play Halo Wars and it errors out about...
  7. Error installing game in Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error installing game in Microsoft Store: Здравствуйте, сегодня в такой игре, как Майнкрафт, вышло обновление, что вы можете купить версию Bedrock и версию Java по одной цене, а если у вас есть одна из них, то другая дается в подарок....
  8. Problem with installation of PC Game Pass Games on disk D:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with installation of PC Game Pass Games on disk D:: Hello I can install games on the disk C: (a 120GB SSD), but I can't do it in the disk D: (a 1TB HDD). I don't know why, I tried to format both disks, the one with the OS, and the one where I...
  9. Can't install games or apps on Xbox or pc - networking issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install games or apps on Xbox or pc - networking issue?: For weeks I have not been able to install games from the windows or Xbox store. On Xbox, it just makes the chime when I click install, but nothing happens. On pc I get error 0x00000001. I have...
  10. PC Installed Xbox App Game on profile, can't access it on other Windows profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Installed Xbox App Game on profile, can't access it on other Windows profile: Hi, I had installed Forza 4 on another user profile because after days of dealing with different 0x8024xxxx errors, I finally got it to work by installing it on another Windows admin profile....