Game installing in 10 hours

Discus and support Game installing in 10 hours in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got forza horizon 4 today and I was so excited to play the game. The game is around 60 GB . I inserted the disc,my network was going around 15 mbps .... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaniMicu, Oct 27, 2019.

1. DaniMicu
    DaniMicu Guest

I got forza horizon 4 today and I was so excited to play the game. The game is around 60 GB . I inserted the disc,my network was going around 15 mbps . But my disc reaches 4.5 GB of 35 and just stops. I wait a little but after 10 minutes it's still stuck
    at 4.5. I eject the disc from the xbox and I cleaned it but the disc didn't give a f. Right now , my network is going 15 to 20 mbps.

Offline won't solve anything. It installs in 10 hours .

Edit: the disc is going snail,I don't know what to say

:)

DaniMicu, Oct 27, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

The thing is, that Forza Horizon 4 has gotten a lot of updates since the disc was released.

So only 4.5GB data from the disc can be used, the rest is being patched and updated via download.

If you first want to install the complete disc and play before updating, do the following:

Under My Games and Apps go to Forza Horizon 4 and press the Menu button on the game tile (the small button to the right of the Xbox button on the controller).

Choose to manage the game installation, and delete everything from the console related to the game: The main game, add ons (if applicable) and local save games (if a savegame shows there is a newer version already, the game won't install the older version
    from disc).

After you removed everything from the game, set the console to offline mode.

Then install the game from disc.

Only if there is no trace left of a previous installation (including savegames), the game will install from disc during offline mode.

If something hints at a newer version (savegame, add on etc.), the console will try to download the necessary update first, instead of installing from disc.
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

The thing is, that Forza Horizon 4 has gotten a lot of updates since the disc was released.

So only 4.5GB data from the disc can be used, the rest is being patched and updated via download.

If you first want to install the complete disc and play before updating, do the following:

Under My Games and Apps go to Forza Horizon 4 and press the Menu button on the game tile (the small button to the right of the Xbox button on the controller).

Choose to manage the game installation, and delete everything from the console related to the game: The main game, add ons (if applicable) and local save games (if a savegame shows there is a newer version already, the game won't install the older version
    from disc).

After you removed everything from the game, set the console to offline mode.

Then install the game from disc.

Only if there is no trace left of a previous installation (including savegames), the game will install from disc during offline mode.

If something hints at a newer version (savegame, add on etc.), the console will try to download the necessary update first, instead of installing from disc.
    By the way, when you turn your console back online, you will have to download a really big patch in order to play the game...
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Try doing this put the disc in and going to the store on the console and look up the game and see if it gives you an install button from there.
  5. DominumStige Win User

Hi!

Is the disc scratched or dirty?

Try to clear the console cache by holding down the power button for 10 secs and try to install the game.
  6. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Hi mate try giving the console a power cycle and see if that sorts it or maybe the disc is damaged?
Thema:

1. Game installing in 10 hours - Similar Threads - Game installing hours

2. duplicate games showing up in ready to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    duplicate games showing up in ready to install: Today I noticed games already installed in "ready to install" GTA V and Witcher II enhanced edition. it was not like this as of sunday last week. I double checked both were installed and playable....
  3. Games missing from Ready to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games missing from Ready to install: I purchased 650 digital Games over the course of several years and now only 508 are showing in my ready to install. I've logged out of my account and even reset my Xbox One s and it seemed to have...
  4. 'Installation stopped' when downloading games from Xbox Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    'Installation stopped' when downloading games from Xbox Microsoft Store: Hi, I have an Xbox One and recently it has gained an issue wherein every-time I try to download a game from the store it will start installing and even before it reaches 1%, it says 'installation...
  5. Why do games take hours to install on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do games take hours to install on my Xbox One?: I'm talking like 4-7 hours of installing a game with 1.5 TB of free space. 219e67b9-4d32-4c46-beab-91e9bfabf9ea
  6. When you preorder digitally you should not have to wait for the game to install for an hour.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When you preorder digitally you should not have to wait for the game to install for an hour.: This is crap the game downloaded already and I have not had to wait for any other game to install after PRE ordering it. Why do I have to wait cor gtat to do so. Microsoft has really hit the...
  7. Over 24 hours to install a game?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Over 24 hours to install a game?!: I got Wolfenstein on Monday, I proceeded to install it immediately and it got to 90% quite fast, however it has only finished installing now. OVER 24 HOURS LATER! This is not acceptable, and yes...
  8. Please tell me it's my internet that causes me to wait hours for a game to install....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please tell me it's my internet that causes me to wait hours for a game to install....: Because I'm at 8% for Thief. It's been an hour and 15 minutes So if I have to keep my xbox one on for 2 days to get to 100% I'd like to know if it's my internet. Or if I can SKIP installing all...
  9. Should it take hours to install a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should it take hours to install a game?: Just got the One and incredibly, it takes hours to install games from discs. Even while disconnected from the net. It took quite a while to install Halo MCC from a disc while offline, thinking...
  10. T-Rave can't connect to any game in matchmaking on halo after it took 4 hours to install ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    T-Rave can't connect to any game in matchmaking on halo after it took 4 hours to install ...: So i bought xbox one yesterday and ever since ive connected it. Like said in the subject i haven't been able to connect to any matchmaking game after i downloaded halos bundle game. I also tried...