Game keeps coming up with "Installation Stopped"

Discus and support Game keeps coming up with "Installation Stopped" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys, A few weeks ago now i bought Assassins Creed IV Black Flag for my Xbox One from the online store. It started downloading straightaway but a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MonkeyMan007MMM, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:54 AM.

1. Game keeps coming up with "Installation Stopped"

Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago now i bought Assassins Creed IV Black Flag for my Xbox One from the online store. It started downloading straightaway but a few Gb's in it came up with "Installation stopped". Every time I start the console, after a few seconds it comes up
    with the same message.

The problem isn't the wifi as have restarted the router.

The problem isn't console storage as have an external hard drive plugged in to the back so plenty of space left.

My console is fully updated.

There are no other games being updated or installed.

I've also tried a soft reset and the problem persisted after a reinitialised the xbox

Can anyone point me towards fixing this?

:)

MonkeyMan007MMM, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:54 AM
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

3. T3chnlgydude Win User

If you have an Xbox Live Gold subscription/Game Pass Ultimate, your saved games and Xbox profiles should be backed up to the cloud by default. Even Xbox 360

:)
  4. MarcusFenix33 Win User

Lucky you! Still no resolution here. enjoy gaming again :)
  5. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

6. Ironwilled Win User

Hi MonkeyMan,

As far as I know all of your saves and progress won't be erased because it is always being backed up to the Xbox Live servers in the cloud.

All of your saves on the Xbox One are always saved to the cloud, so even if you delete something you can always redownload it later when you connect online.

Here is some more information about the cloud, just to look things over before you make a decision.

Link: https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq
Thema:

1. Game keeps coming up with "Installation Stopped" - Similar Threads - Game keeps coming

2. Why do we keep old mutiplayer servers for old games running

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do we keep old mutiplayer servers for old games running: For example black ops two and one, the servers are full of modders who mod the game so bad it looks like a mall after Christmas, and its wierd the game is about 5 years old black ops 1 is older...
  3. Games keep disappearing from Ready to Install

in XboX Insiders
    Games keep disappearing from Ready to Install: I'm in the Delta program. And I keep having games disappear from my Ready to Install, 6 in total over the last month. Spoke to support this morning because 4 games vanished last night by...
  4. Games Keep Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games Keep Crashing: Hey everyone, I'm having this issue where every game on my Xbox One S keeps crashing. Some games refuse to open, and the others crash once in game. I tried every single one of the...
  5. My game keeps flickering when playing games on xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game keeps flickering when playing games on xbox one s: Hi I recently bought an xbox one s console to play fifa and forza. whilst playing these games i have experienced flickering and black lines appear. This is not the monitor as i have checked on...
  6. Games keep crashing after playing for the first 15 minutes. I’ve reported this issue on...

in XboX Insiders
    Games keep crashing after playing for the first 15 minutes. I’ve reported this issue on...: This is my first time posting so bare with me. After the most recent update, any games I play within the first 15 minutes. My Xbox One X goes back to the home screen but when I relaunch a game...
  7. Does "Reset this Xbox but keep games and apps" erase singleplayer saves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does "Reset this Xbox but keep games and apps" erase singleplayer saves?: I looked everywhere online but can't find this simple answer. Can anyone help me? I factory reset my Xbox One but used "keep games and apps." What I want to know is did that also erase all my...
  8. Microsoft keep sending me email alert on I need to pay them alot of money for game pass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft keep sending me email alert on I need to pay them alot of money for game pass...: I'm not sure I can close this account and create an new fresh xbox live account will fix the problem. dee04e79-6da6-4288-a5ed-e90b20725d69
  9. Game not working 0x800705b4 keep coming only on fallout 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game not working 0x800705b4 keep coming only on fallout 4: my game wouldn't work soo uninstall it and reinstalled it. it then needed a update. but the same error message pops up. something went wrong 0x800705b4 please help....
  10. the game just will not come in it just keeps trying the thing keeps going around

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the game just will not come in it just keeps trying the thing keeps going around: the game just will not come in it just keeps trying the thing keeps going around 6ef71dbc-aa8d-483a-a728-b1399df3c829