Game missing from gold library

Discus and support Game missing from gold library in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My gold is currently active. I acquired dead island via games with gold in Feb 2014 along with toy soldiers: cold war. I Installed dead island on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by blazeaj, Sep 23, 2019.

1. blazeaj
    blazeaj Guest

My gold is currently active. I acquired dead island via games with gold in Feb 2014 along with toy soldiers: cold war. I Installed dead island on my Xbox. It's in my installed games list but when i try to launch it it tells me i dont have the rights to
    it. I can find toy soldiers no problem but dead island is missing from my downloadable games. I know I have it through games with gold and my gold is current. It's installed but I can't play it and the store tells me to buy it even though I shouldn't have
    to via games with gold.

:)

blazeaj, Sep 23, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey blaze

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently unable to install a game you received promotionally before on you console.

Are you using an Xbox One or an Xbox 360?

If you are using an Xbox 360, you should be able to go through your
    Download history
    and try downloading the game from there.

However, there is no longer an effective way to check what Xbox 360 titles you own with out one, therefor, if you are unable to recover it via this way, I would have to recommend that you reach out to

Xbox Customer Support
    and see if they can view this on your account.

This can be done by following these simple steps:

1. Log into Xbox.com
    2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Support.
    3. Scroll down and select Contact us.
    4. Select Games.
    5. Select See other options.
    6. Select Backcompat catalog.
    7. Select Show contact options.
    8. Select Request a call from Support.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  3. blazeaj Win User

Did your Gold subscription expire at any time?
    Yes multiple times, but when i renew my gold, the games I have previously obtained via games with gold are still there and able to be played and re downloaded.
  4. blazeaj Win User

Hey blaze

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

According to
    this article from "January 31st 2014" It states that this was an Xbox 360 title. Even the hyperlink included in the post redirects you to the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

I would still encourage you to follow the steps provided before to reach out to Xbox Customer Support so that they may verify this information with you as well.

Go ahead and let us know your results!
    Thank you, after double checking I found that it was a 360 version I had obtained via games with gold and that the xb1 version I had currently installed was from game pass and had been removed from the game pass line up, thus leading to my confusion as to
    why I had it downloaded but unable to play it. Thanks again for helping me see the error that was plaguing me all day
  5. luissolid Win User

6. Geth Win User

Glad you got the issue resolved.
Thema:

1. Game missing from gold library - Similar Threads - Game missing gold

2. Claim games with gold button is missing with new store update ? *possible bug*

in XboX Insiders
    Claim games with gold button is missing with new store update ? *possible bug*: How to claim games with gold games in store now? This new update made it so I’m not able to claim them. Price is still there and not show as claim with games with gold. Os Version 10.0.18363.7196...
  3. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is missing Live Gold membership

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is missing Live Gold membership: I have a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership, which is supposed to include Xbox Live Gold, but i does not. I can't find anywhere to upgrade or change this either. (I must honestly say I hate...
  4. Games with Gold game missing from collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with Gold game missing from collection: Tried to reinstall Lego Pirates of the Caribbean that I got with GwG some while ago. Problem is that it doesen't show up i "my games and apps". I can find it in the store, but wants me to pay for...
  5. Missed Games With Gold Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missed Games With Gold Game: Hello, I've been a gold member for so long ago, and I was travelling when my favourite game was on the Games With Gold, and then I couldn't get it, is there a way to I have Castlevania: SOTN...
  6. Games with Gold missing - Borderlands 1 & 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with Gold missing - Borderlands 1 & 2: I noticed that both Borderlands 1 & 2 are missing from my library. They were both added as part of games with gold. They are NOT in ready for install section. 336f5aab-1669-44de-9c0a-a042f69ab8ac
  7. missing xbox live gold games and missing xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    missing xbox live gold games and missing xbox live: im having issues with my games and apps page it missing past games I had with my gold and I renew my xbox gold today but still shows I don't have gold mempership just game pass...
  8. Missing Gold Quest for August 14 – August 27 and Game Pass Quest Reward for September

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Missing Gold Quest for August 14 – August 27 and Game Pass Quest Reward for September: Completed both quests in the allotted time, the tracker shows them complete, but here it is halfway through November and I still don't have either. I let my Game Pass subscription lapse because of...
  9. Missing Gold/Game Pass Quest Rewards

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Missing Gold/Game Pass Quest Rewards: Hello, I have been trying to contact someone from support about missing Xbox Gold/Game Pass Quest Rewards for the months of Jan. Mar. and Apr.. My gamertag is . I have contacted both Xbox Support...
  10. My games for gold are going missing or are trial.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games for gold are going missing or are trial.: Ever since the Xbox one started games for gold I've gotten almost every game. However last week I noticed one of my games was not there. I didn't get bothered until I realized it was not any my...