Game Pass Administrator Approval required for Installation

Discus and support Game Pass Administrator Approval required for Installation in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am unable to install any game from Game Pas that requires Administrator Approval for Installation. This was working fine until the last Windows 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DarrenNoyce, Oct 17, 2020.

1. DarrenNoyce
    DarrenNoyce Guest

I am unable to install any game from Game Pas that requires Administrator Approval for Installation. This was working fine until the last Windows 10 update and now I cant install anything. Does anyone know a way to get this working? My sign in account
    is an Administrator account.

:)

DarrenNoyce, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Mogiel Win User

Error: 0x8007005 Xbox Game Pass

I have problems installing games that have "the installation requires administrator approval"
  3. JasonEllis3 Win User

GamePass PC : Error 0x80070020 when trying re-install game

Many people have the problem where they cannot install any game that "requires administrator approval". I dont know if they consider this a bug or a feature in the Xbox (Beta) app.

When the xbox app goes to install a game, something prevents the standard administrator approval window from popping up to alllow the user to approve the install. After about 60 seconds, the installer times out and reports an error, as seen in the image
    posted by Fredric. If a game does not require the admin approval window popup, the installation succeeds.
  4. LeeCollins3 Win User

Xbox (beta) Administrator approval required for installation.

Can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on the download page. How do I change this ?
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Game Pass for PC - Administrator Approval Required for Installation?

Hi there Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with installing a game from Game Pass for PC. I recommend to check out the following article: Windows
    10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ

• Q: ANYTHING WE HAVEN’T EXPLICITLY COVERED BELOW

A: Please use the built-in feedback tool within the Xbox app to help us better understand the issue you are facing. Just click on your profile photo and select “Feedback” from the dropdown menu to open Feedback Hub. Feedback Hub enables you
    to provide feedback about Windows and apps by sharing your suggestions or problems.

• Q: Why do some games require administrator privileges while others don’t?
    A: Some games require additional components to be installed for the game to function properly. Depending on the components being installed, we may require permission from an administrator via a prompt at game installation
    time or the first time the game is launched. See Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    for more information.

• Q: I am having trouble installing a game on my PC. What can I do?
    A: Visit the Troubleshoot
    game installations on Windows 10
    to find some suggestions on how to fix the issue. For more information, visit the Known
    Issues for Game Launches (June 2019)
    page.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread.
    If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thanks you and have a great day.
  6. HuntingZibod75 Win User

Xbox (beta) Administrator approval required for installation.

Can't install any games that have "Administrator approval required for installation" on the download page. How do I change this ?
    I'm getting exactly the same here. Errors on everything, Fez, Hollow Knight, etc. But games that do not require administrator approval work without fail. I'm unable to remove the KB mentioned, and have tried resetting the Windows Store, reloading the Xbox
    (Beta) app, and clearing caches. It makes no difference.

There's something very broken here.
Thema:

1. Game Pass Administrator Approval required for Installation - Similar Threads - Game Pass Administrator

2. Purchsed Xbox Game Pass Ult, charged money, but saying i dont have it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchsed Xbox Game Pass Ult, charged money, but saying i dont have it: I purchased XGPU and got charged the money. But when I check my subscriptions it was not there. And it says to don't have access to game pass content. I tried to do a live chat but I could not...
  3. Game pass ultimate

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game pass ultimate: I bought game pass ultimate but it didnt give me it. dd164117-af08-4881-b8d5-24cf81291d63
  4. Game Pass for PC - Installation issue for games that require administrator approval

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass for PC - Installation issue for games that require administrator approval: Hi, I'm having trouble installing games that require administrator approval. I have paid for the Game Pass and I am not able to use it. I am logged in to my PC with a microsoft account and I am...
  5. Getting error code 0x00000001. I am unable to install Administrator games on PC with game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting error code 0x00000001. I am unable to install Administrator games on PC with game pass.: About 3 or so days ago I installed The Outer Worlds on my PC, beat it and so I uninstalled it today and was going to installed a new game. I found Alan Wake and thought I'd give it a try. When I...
  6. Cannot download Xbox Game Pass for PC games that require Administrator Approval

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download Xbox Game Pass for PC games that require Administrator Approval: As said in the title, I cannot download any games that say "Administrator Approval Required for Installation." It just downloads till the end, then gives me an error, and the error code is...
  7. Xbox Game Pass for PC - Cannot install games that say "Administrator approval required for...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC - Cannot install games that say "Administrator approval required for...: Hi there, I have tried a few options , but am unable to install some games that say they need administrator approval in the Xbox (Beta) app on PC (Windows 10 version 10.0.18362 Build 18362) This...
  8. Xbox Game Pass for PC: Still Can't Install Any Games That Require Administrator Approval

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC: Still Can't Install Any Games That Require Administrator Approval: I have the latest versions of Windows and of Xbox for PC (beta). I tried almost every possible solution I found (except a fresh re-installation of windows 10) but to no avail. It seems to have...
  9. Xbox for Windows PC Game Pass. Games wont install. Administrator issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox for Windows PC Game Pass. Games wont install. Administrator issues: From what i can tell this is a common issue. I am unable to install certain games on the xbox gamepass due to admin issues. I have done all the troubleshooting i know how to such as reinstalling,...
  10. Game Pass for PC - Administrator Approval Required for Installation?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass for PC - Administrator Approval Required for Installation?: I recently signed up for Game Pass on PC. I've run into issues with some of the games on the App. The first more prevalent one is only on games that have "Administrator Approval Required for...