Game pass and child account

Discus and support Game pass and child account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my xbox live to game pass. Everything works fine on my profile. My son's profile is more locked down then mine but he is allowed to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BenCarlson3, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:43 AM.

1. BenCarlson3
    BenCarlson3 Guest

I recently upgraded my xbox live to game pass. Everything works fine on my profile. My son's profile is more locked down then mine but he is allowed to go online with his games and is allowed to play games rated up to age 13. I set up the account on the
    xbox to ask me for permission before he downloads anything.

Yesterday he tried to download a game rated E from game pass. Instead of notifying that I needed to approve the download, it told him he needed to buy a game pass subscription. This was after he was playing online with a friend.

Why is it working for my profile but not his?

:)

2. BenCarlson3 Win User

Some clarification

The Xbox has been set as the home device from the beginning and my son's account is listed under mine as a child in the family.
  3. {Parity} Win User

The person owning the Game Pass subscription will have to download the games and the games themselves will be shared.
  4. Buachaill Dona Win User

Has to be your account that downloads any gamepass game, because although other profiles can share from your account if they download something it links back to their account. Tha's why the system is asking them to purchase a subscription.
  5. BenCarlson3 Win User

I have the xbox set as the home device and he is set as a child within my family.

I have only tried through the game pass menu.

I will have to try the "see in Microsoft store" method tonight when I get home. I assume any game that is available to download through the game pass menu is free to download for me through the microsoft store.
  6. Buachaill Dona Win User

It sounds like you need to set the console to your home console, so other profiles can share your subscriptions and games on the console. Here's the Link shows how to do that.

Home console settings
Thema:

1. Game pass and child account - Similar Threads - Game pass child

2. Game Pass (PC) Downloads Broken

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass (PC) Downloads Broken: Have stopped and restarted a download of Forza Horizon 4, selecting same installation drive each time I restarted and it would find the data and continue no problem. Now, when I try and download...
  3. New additions to Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New additions to Game Pass.: Will be trying Killer Instinct and For The King will have to see about the rest 3ed1ee8b-dadd-41dd-8686-12caefa7f1d5
  4. Xbox Game Pass Subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Subscription: Hello, I wanted to cancel my xbox game subscription but it already charged me and I can't cancel it but i wanted to cancel it on expiration but forgot to do so, can anything be done?...
  5. Cancel game pass sub

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancel game pass sub: Cant cancel gamepass .im trying to buy a month but have to cancel first but i dont get the option . a656a962-8a6e-4a60-a3f3-e117d9eed9b6
  6. Xbox Game Pass Pc (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Pc (beta): Merhaba, Game Pass Pc ile listedeki oyunların aylık bedel karşılığında ücretsiz oynayabileceğimi düşünüyordum. Football Manager 2019 Game Pass ile ücretsiz diyor ancak Yükleme Butonu çıkmıyor....
  7. Xbox Live gold vs Game pass for 3 childs,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live gold vs Game pass for 3 childs,: After some time with Xbox one X in house, I just started to be "confused" has 3 x kids (7-10-14 years) and ofcasue the oldes get the hands on the Xbox on day 1 and has setup some acconts and more....
  8. About Golden Child, in the mix and the game pass missions for gems

in XBoX Rewards
    About Golden Child, in the mix and the game pass missions for gems: I am wondering in regards to the Golden Child mission does it count if you have prepaid time on your live membership as i am prepaid until September 2018 for in the mix it says use the app on...
  9. About Golden Child, in the mix and the game pass missions for gems

in XBoX Rewards
    About Golden Child, in the mix and the game pass missions for gems: I am wondering in regards to the Golden Child mission does it count if you have prepaid time on your live membership as i am prepaid until September 2018 for in the mix it says use the app on...
  10. Buy Game Pass for child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buy Game Pass for child account: Hello, I am running into a problem with purchasing the Game Pass for a child account. I am the parent account for a family subscription with Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass on my account that I...