Game pass app and windows store cannot install anything, error 0x80070057

Discus and support Game pass app and windows store cannot install anything, error 0x80070057 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; hi all, I cannot get anything from the xbox game pass app to install at all, or from the windows story. everything gives me a harddrive error,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by pizsboy, Sep 14, 2020.

1. pizsboy
    pizsboy Guest

hi all,

I cannot get anything from the xbox game pass app to install at all, or from the windows story. everything gives me a harddrive error, 0x80070057. i think its because i changed folder permissions and they didnt change back right, but i cant be sure what exactly
    it was i did. i think it was some variant of my WindowsApps folder, i have one on each drive.

:)

pizsboy, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Error Code 0x80070057 & 0x80070005 when installing game

Hi,

The Xbox App isn't a stand alone downloading app like for example, Steam or GoG. The Xbox App is simply a portal to allow you to download Game Pass games. The downloading is actually completed via the Windows Store.

Since Xbox App uses the Windows Store, error code 0x80070057 is actually a Windows 10 error code. There are many guides on the net to potentially fix this error, just google 'Windows error 0x80070057 like this
    one

Note: You should not need to install any free applications on any of these sites.
    If you do, you do so at your own risk.

Likewise, error code 0x80070005 is also a Windows 10 error often referred to as an 'access denied' error. If you get this error when trying to change where default applications are installed, it typically means there is already a folder on the drive from
    a previous PC or Windows installation.

Did you take any of these drives from a previous PC or have you recently re-installed Windows 10 from scratch?

All Windows 10 Applications install to a hidden folder called WindowsApps. On the C:\ drive, WindowsApps is located in a hidden folder in C:\Program Files.
    Do not attempt to modify this folder. On other drives the WindowsApps folder will be located in the Root directory. So on say F:\ drive it would be F:\WindowsApps.

Do you already have a WindowsApps folder in your F:\ drive?
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Game Pass PC error code 0x80070057

Hi,

Pretty much all the error codes PC Game pass flags up are actually Windows errors. The Game Pass app is just an extension of the Windows Store - it doesn't even need to be running once a game is installed.

I asked about storage, as error 0x80070057 relates to low storage. But clearly, this isn't the problem here.

Can you give the advice
    I suggested on this forum post
    a try please?
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC (beta) -- Any word on when Microsoft will fix this software?

Hi,

Not a lot of people know this, but unlike other stand-alone game apps on PC, the Beta App is actually an extension of sorts of the built in Windows Store. You don't even need the App running to launch your games.

Because of the way the app works with the Windows Store, all error codes are actually Windows error codes, not PC Game Pass errors.

If you get an error it usually means there is an issue with your Windows installation.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Problems with xbox game pass pc beta (error 080070005)

Hi,

Sorry for the delay responding. Error Code 080070005 is an 'access denied' Windows error.

Typically when this error occurs you can't install anything on to a particular drive, I've not heard of a download getting to 90% or 100% then failing with 080070005.

I suspect the error may be down to administration privileges with the Windows user account you're using when downloading the games.

I would try creating a new Windows account, remembering to give it Administration access. Log in on both the Windows Store and the Game Pass app with your account that has Game Pass and try installing a game again.
  6. andersonneil Win User

Can't instal solitaire collection

I have just re-loaded Windows 8.1 on my PC, but now find that I cannot re-install Microsoft Solitaire Collection. It always fails with "couldn't be installed" message with error code 0x80070057.

Is there a fix or alternate action I can take??
Thema:

1. Game pass app and windows store cannot install anything, error 0x80070057 - Similar Threads - Game pass app

2. Game Pass App On My Phone Is Not Working As Expected

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass App On My Phone Is Not Working As Expected: Anyone else having issues while remotely downloading a game from the game pass app to you series X ? every time I try to download a game it works on a 50/50 chance like sometimes the game just...
  3. xbox pc game pass app being slow

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox pc game pass app being slow: When i try to open the Xbox game pass app on pc it will be on a black screen for like 10 to 20 minutes and whenever i try to download a game like forza it will freeze and the microsoft store is...
  4. Game Pass on the Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass on the Xbox App: For the Game Pass games I could play on my phone, do they have cross-save with the Xbox and do they have the same achievement list (meaning any progress on one carrys into the other)?...
  5. When I try to open a game through the xbox game pass app it sends me to the page of the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to open a game through the xbox game pass app it sends me to the page of the...: I have gaming services already installed, and my windows installation and all Microsoft Store apps are up to date, well according to the store. e5ef20df-e107-4696-b5d9-90a3930e2445
  6. Windows store wont update Xbox app and I cant download ultimate pass games on PC either...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows store wont update Xbox app and I cant download ultimate pass games on PC either...: So its been this way for over a year now, I bought a gaming laptop for £2321 and whilst steam games have been great, the gamepass situation is a joke. I try to update the app on the windows store...
  7. PC Xbox App not recognising Game Pass Ultimate Sub

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Xbox App not recognising Game Pass Ultimate Sub: Hi Everyone, I have a Game Pass Ultimate sub which is recognised everywhere else ( online, xbox etc ) but on the Windows Xbox app when I click on manage my subscription it shows me as owning...
  8. Microsoft rewards app doesn't track game pass games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft rewards app doesn't track game pass games: I have noticed that since yesterday daily Game Pass Game challenge is not tracked by the Microsoft Rewards app. I tried playing games both in the cloud and on Xbox. The app still does not show any...
  9. Game Pass and Game Pass Android app says Account Suspended

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass and Game Pass Android app says Account Suspended: https://i.imgur.com/qbfQYy8.jpg I can assure you it's not and is most likely an issue. Reported in app, just posting so others don't have a heart attack like I did when it opened the apps today....
  10. Can't download games on Microsoft Store, or download Xbox Game Pass for PC app

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download games on Microsoft Store, or download Xbox Game Pass for PC app: Hello, I'm having problems with all downloads on PC. I own Game Pass for PC, and when I go game pages in the Microsoft Store it says I can install them. I click install, select a drive, and then...