Game pass family sharing not working as intended?

Discus and support Game pass family sharing not working as intended? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Game pass family sharing not working as intended? I have two xboxs and i recently got gamepass Ultimate to share games with my wife on xbox number 2.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LeytonCarter, Sep 9, 2019.

1. LeytonCarter
    LeytonCarter Guest

I have two xboxs and i recently got gamepass Ultimate to share games with my wife on xbox number 2.

xbox number two, has my wifes profile and my profile and this xbox is set to be my home console and has been for a long time.

I have also my xbox, xbox number 1, which only has my profile on it. Previously any purchased games on xbox number one would show up ready to to install on xbox number 2 on my wifes profile.

Now i have gamepass, games i install on xbox number one wont show up on xbox number two. If my wife is logged in, she cannot choose to install any gamepass games, despite my account being home on the console.

So far, i have only been able to get a gamepass game to even install on the machine is if i sign in on my profile on her xbox, download it, and then log back into my wifes profile where it shows up under ready to install.

I dont feel this is working as intended. Any advice? Should re-do the home console switch back to my xbox and then back to my wifes (using up two transfers)?

Is this honestly how its supposed to work? It seems very convoluted in comparison to normal purchased game sharing...

:)

LeytonCarter, Sep 9, 2019
  2. JohnnyXeo Win User

Game share

Do you mean game pass? Or you're game sharing with someone in your family? If its game share then try having your family member login with their account on the console and see if it shows up then.
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

I have two xboxs and i recently got gamepass Ultimate to share games with my wife on xbox number 2.

xbox number two, has my wifes profile and my profile and this xbox is set to be my home console and has been for a long time.

I have also my xbox, xbox number 1, which only has my profile on it. Previously any purchased games on xbox number one would show up ready to to install on xbox number 2 on my wifes profile.

Now i have gamepass, games i install on xbox number one wont show up on xbox number two. If my wife is logged in, she cannot choose to install any gamepass games, despite my account being home on the console.

So far, i have only been able to get a gamepass game to even install on the machine is if i sign in on my profile on her xbox, download it, and then log back into my wifes profile where it shows up under ready to install.

I dont feel this is working as intended. Any advice? Should re-do the home console switch back to my xbox and then back to my wifes (using up two transfers)?

Is this honestly how its supposed to work? It seems very convoluted in comparison to normal purchased game sharing...
    Try redownloading your profile
  4. LeytonCarter Win User

This actually is working as intended the game sharing is only for being able to play the game. Not to actually download the games from the game subscriptions so if you want to download and install the game on her console for the game pass subscription
    your acount would have to be the one signed in to pick the game and start the download.
    Thank you for the confirmation. It does indeed seem like i have to be signed in to start the download, otherwise it all works as intended.
  5. GroundOregano94 Win User

Remember. You can only have one homebox and you can change it 5 times per year. Colegue said the rest. On other console wich is not homebox only yor account can download games. You wife can download gamess bought with her account. On first console you
    can share subscriptions and games.
  6. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

This may be because game in gamepass aren't owned by the subscriber so it won't be in the ready to install section. Instead it will be in the gamepass section and from there it will check if you have a subscription before allowing you to download.
Thema:

1. Game pass family sharing not working as intended? - Similar Threads - Game pass family

2. Purchased a Year Long Game Live and Game Pass and can't use with family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Year Long Game Live and Game Pass and can't use with family: I purchased a 12 month Live Game and Gold Pass and activated undery account intendihifor it to be used for my family members listed under my account including my children. I am able to use them...
  3. PC Game Pass Family Sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Game Pass Family Sharing: Is it possible to share one Windows Game Pass subscription across two different computers (with 2 different Microsoft accounts) as a part of family sharing? Also, would the 2 computers be able...
  4. Game Pass Ultimate Sub broke my Family Live Gold Pass access

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass Ultimate Sub broke my Family Live Gold Pass access: I've had GPU since it's Beta, but my family can't access any of my Digital or Gold purchases to play unless I'm logged into that console, this includes online gaming. I removed my console from the...
  5. Cannot share game pass ultimate on pc with my family

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot share game pass ultimate on pc with my family: Hello I would like to know how I can share my Game Pass Ultimate subscription on PC with members of my family. Game pass works on pc for the account I purchased the subscription with but it...
  6. Game Pass Ultimate family sharing

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass Ultimate family sharing: My wife and I share an xbox one, we also have a gaming pc each. As you can imagine, game pass ultimate looks very attractive. Question - can one subscription be shared across devices? Say, I'm on...
  7. Game Pass Ultimate - Family Sharing

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass Ultimate - Family Sharing: I converted my gold/gamepass subscription to an Ultimate subscription. Everything seems fine on the Xbox One but my son who is part of my Xbox Family is unable to download gamepass games on his...
  8. Family-Friendly Shooter for Game Pass Suggestion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family-Friendly Shooter for Game Pass Suggestion: I am fairly new to checking these discussions and am not sure how often there are Game Pass suggestions. Even if there are some, I wouldn't assume Xbox would consider. Anyway, since the catalog...
  9. game pass on family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass on family: my son got an xbox with a game pass code with 1 month free; IT WOULD NOT let him enter it, stating he needed parent permission and for us to turn on "recurring" payment. So we went into OUR...
  10. Xbox Game Pass Family Sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Family Sharing: I read another post about this, and it said that it can be shared with other family members, but on Xbox. So I am here to ask if it's also possible to share it on PC, for example if my dad buys...