Game Pass games crashing my Xbox

Discus and support Game Pass games crashing my Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got a Game pass ultimate subscription, after getting it my wife and I tried playing Gears 5 (Game Pass Edition), but the game would... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BradBartee, Oct 1, 2019.

1. BradBartee
    BradBartee Guest

Hello,

I recently got a Game pass ultimate subscription, after getting it my wife and I tried playing Gears 5 (Game Pass Edition), but the game would crash every time it tried to load into the first mission, I had heard they were having trouble with their servers
    so I uninstalled it and played Star Wars Battlefield 2 (from EA access) story mode. After finishing that game I decided to try Gears 5 again but it had the same issue, I then decided I would try to chase achievements in Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor (Game
    Pass Edition) but the game would not load to the title screen and would crash my Xbox, So I decided to try Middle Earth: Shadows of War (Game Pass Edition) the game would crash after roughly 5 minutes of play. I then Downloaded the PC (beta) client and tested
    a few games on it (ME:Shadows of War and Horizon4) but anything I played on my PC worked fine. I decided to try a small game so I grabbed Hollow Knight (Game Pass Edition) and it worked fine, I tried a game my wife wanted Rise of Tomb-raider (Game Pass Edition)
    but again the game crashes my Xbox after a few minutes of play. I installed a couple games that I own directly (Dragon Age Inquisition,Diablo,Slime Rancher,Dark Souls) and all theses game run flawlessly.

I have tried hard resets, I logged out and back in, I did a factory reset, I connected my Xbox directly to my modem and Game Pass games crashing my Xbox persists.

Any recommendations?

:)

BradBartee, Oct 1, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there BradBartee,

Thanks for the reply and update on the issue. Due to being part of the insider program, this enables beta updates to help test. We recommend to
    provide feedback to the Xbox Insider Program for more assistance.

Hope this helps.
  3. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Are you apart of the xbox insider program? Do you have an external hard drive? If so then try moving the games that crash to the other hard drive. Are you on an xbox one, s or x? Is your console set to instant on? If so try changing it to energy saving.
    Not really sure what else to do since you have already hard and factory reseted.
  4. BradBartee Win User

Xbox One S (older model with the disc drive)(bought shortly after the S was released), I do not have an external hard drive, haven't tried the eneregy saver mode, I am not a part of the Insiders program, as far as I know.
  5. nielubiebudyniu Win User

Metro Exodus - Launch nothing happens PC

HERE IS A WORKING SOLUTION TO Metro Exodus crashing in XBOX Game pass for PC. This worked for me 100% each time the game crashed, and after trying to uninstall it I got stuck with unplayable game, unremovable game files. I went through points 1-5. I managed
    to beat the game after several crashes and remove it recovering 60 GB disk space ;) .

So if anyone has issues with Metro Exodus crashing on PC/XBOX GAME PASS and is unable to sucessfully uninstall the game and free the disk space do this:

1. Uninstall XBOX Game Pass for PC APP
    2. go to your Windows 10 Update Menu and Press Update
    3. restart Windows
    4. Install Xbox game pass App again
    5. Open Xbox game pass App and Press Install Metro Exodus (it will not take long because the game is already there, just a tiny part of it will be brought back).
    This way the game should be playable again or , if you wish you may NOW finally unistall it and free your disk space.

This will not stop the ME from crashing but will make it playable und uninstallable :)

The tricky part is that when the game crashes and we want to uninstall it, some part of the Windows update is removed with it but not the game so the disk space cannot be freed nor game started untill you do the points 1-5 and get your Windows updated again.

This problem has been known for a few weeks now but no patch from XBOX so far.

I hope this will help :)
  6. CoreyJackson1 Win User

Gears 5 won’t start

I have the ultimate game pass. I cant get past the start up screen... it crashes when i press A to play. Ive rebooted my xbox, reset it, deleted my account, and unistalled then reinstalled the game
Thema:

1. Game Pass games crashing my Xbox - Similar Threads - Game Pass games

2. Game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game pass ultimate: I have purchased game pass ultimate but iam not able to access any gold benefits ie party chat , multiplayer, etc . I have performed complete restart and problem still persists....
  3. xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game pass ultimate: Witam niedawno chciałem zapłacić za xbox game pass ultimate ponieważ zbliżał się czas zapłaty i miałem opcje zapłaty portfelem xbox więc kupiłem karty przedpłacone i doładowałem konto lecz gdy...
  4. Game pass not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass not working: I bought Xbox gold to try it out and the day after I bought game pass ultimate. That evening I played games via game pass but now (2 days later) I cant start any of the games from game pass. It...
  5. When playing a game leaving game pass, it should tell you how many days are left.

in XboX Insiders
    When playing a game leaving game pass, it should tell you how many days are left.: Just experienced a game leaving gamepass. I thought I had until the end of the month, but apparently it left gamepass on the 15th. I don't know what I would've done had I known the date, but I...
  6. Expired E3 6 Month XBOX Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Expired E3 6 Month XBOX Game Pass: Hello, After talking to support I was directed to this community forum in regards to using the 6 Month XBOX game pass promo codes they were giving out at E3. Nowhere on the card does it have an...
  7. Xbox Ultimate Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Ultimate Game Pass: Hello Gamers, I have an strange problem with my Xbox Profile. I ordered the Gamepass 3 Months ago. Everything was working until september. If i want to start for example Gears 5, the Xbox says:...
  8. game pass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    game pass: quando volta a funcionar a game pass nao to conseguindo assinar Translation: when the game pass works again I can't sign ccf1de7f-2e0e-443d-a664-0783fb904f26
  9. Do Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions stack?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Do Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions stack?: Just finished Operation Cosmic Rescue and got the free month of ultimate. Anyone know for sure if this stacks onto my existing subscription? Cheers! 43047ef1-ce99-4d10-a2af-30742e69b18b
  10. World war Z for xbox /game pass bad game if it records data for anilization

in XBoX Games and Apps
    World war Z for xbox /game pass bad game if it records data for anilization: World war Z for the xbox should be taken down due to it has a permission for Saber interactive to record/store an review player data for internal use. but how do we know its truly safe nowadays?...