Game Pass games crashing my Xbox

Discus and support Game Pass games crashing my Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got a Game pass ultimate subscription, after getting it my wife and I tried playing Gears 5 (Game Pass Edition), but the game would... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BradBartee, Oct 1, 2019.

1. BradBartee
    BradBartee Guest

Hello,

I recently got a Game pass ultimate subscription, after getting it my wife and I tried playing Gears 5 (Game Pass Edition), but the game would crash every time it tried to load into the first mission, I had heard they were having trouble with their servers
    so I uninstalled it and played Star Wars Battlefield 2 (from EA access) story mode. After finishing that game I decided to try Gears 5 again but it had the same issue, I then decided I would try to chase achievements in Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor (Game
    Pass Edition) but the game would not load to the title screen and would crash my Xbox, So I decided to try Middle Earth: Shadows of War (Game Pass Edition) the game would crash after roughly 5 minutes of play. I then Downloaded the PC (beta) client and tested
    a few games on it (ME:Shadows of War and Horizon4) but anything I played on my PC worked fine. I decided to try a small game so I grabbed Hollow Knight (Game Pass Edition) and it worked fine, I tried a game my wife wanted Rise of Tomb-raider (Game Pass Edition)
    but again the game crashes my Xbox after a few minutes of play. I installed a couple games that I own directly (Dragon Age Inquisition,Diablo,Slime Rancher,Dark Souls) and all theses game run flawlessly.

I have tried hard resets, I logged out and back in, I did a factory reset, I connected my Xbox directly to my modem and Game Pass games crashing my Xbox persists.

Any recommendations?

:)

BradBartee, Oct 1, 2019
  2. mak__15 Win User

The Outer Worlds started crashing today in game pass for PC version. Any hotfix coming?

It is game crash on account of Game Pass because when you buy the game, it does not crash. It is really bad. I am on an important mission with no other way of entering a room then the front door. as soon as I pass the threshold, it crashes the game AND Game
    Pass.
  3. OpticalVelocity Win User

The Outer Worlds started crashing today in game pass for PC version. Any hotfix coming?

It is game crash on account of Game Pass because when you buy the game, it does not crash. It is really bad. I am on an important mission with no other way of entering a room then the front door. as soon as I pass the threshold, it crashes the game AND Game
    Pass.
    Same, as soon as i walk through the door!. I was enjoying the game so thats pretty irritating.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there BradBartee,

Thanks for the reply and update on the issue. Due to being part of the insider program, this enables beta updates to help test. We recommend to
    provide feedback to the Xbox Insider Program for more assistance.

Hope this helps.
  5. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Are you apart of the xbox insider program? Do you have an external hard drive? If so then try moving the games that crash to the other hard drive. Are you on an xbox one, s or x? Is your console set to instant on? If so try changing it to energy saving.
    Not really sure what else to do since you have already hard and factory reseted.
  6. BradBartee Win User

Xbox One S (older model with the disc drive)(bought shortly after the S was released), I do not have an external hard drive, haven't tried the eneregy saver mode, I am not a part of the Insiders program, as far as I know.
Thema:

1. Game Pass games crashing my Xbox - Similar Threads - Game Pass games

2. Subscription renewal Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Subscription renewal Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Can I buy a one-year gold gift card and then buy a one-month xbox game pass ultimate and thus have 13 months of ultimate subscription? Note: previously you had already done this operation but...
  3. xbox game pass ultimate game download problem

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox game pass ultimate game download problem: Hello! I've bought the xbox game pass ultimate that includes xbox live gold game pass for console and for pc too. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I can download most of the games included by...
  4. xbox live, game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live, game pass: Hello, wondering how many people on one xbox can use the xbox live and game pass? I thought anyone in the family would have access but doesn't seem to be the case, or am I doing something wrong?...
  5. Post code, games pass, payment method

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Post code, games pass, payment method: So l just got a new Xbox one s and 1st when l try to set up a payment method and it will ask me for an address for my profile and not accept my post code saying it isn’t “formatted correctly” when...
  6. 0x80070003 error dirt rally 2.0 xbox game pass on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    0x80070003 error dirt rally 2.0 xbox game pass on pc: I keep getting the same error when trying to install dirt rally 2.0 on my pc, a little while ago I was downloading this game which seemed to download just fine, was downloading a few other games...
  7. Issue with cancelling Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with cancelling Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: When I was using the Xbox, I had subscribed to the Game Pass. It was Rupees 59 for the first month. Anyway, I forgot to cancel it before the trial period, so it went into renewal. But thing was...
  8. Game pass quests

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass quests: I'm not getting the quests validated for the PC games. I played the required for both surviving mars and another one or two games for last week, but the quest didn't want to complete in the app....
  9. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: I want to cancel my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate but it won't let me cancel it because the payment is past-due. Is there a way to cancel it? beb1f765-6d94-4d6b-9ac2-78cdf03f1048
  10. Game Pass TES: Tamriel to new Upgrade TES: Greymoor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass TES: Tamriel to new Upgrade TES: Greymoor: Hi, If I can play TES: Tamriel bc I'm an Ultimate Game Pass subscriber and I want to play TES: Greymoor. Can I just buy the $39.99 upgrade? Or do I have to buy the $59.99 full game? Thank you,...