Game Pass games freezing/crashing

Discus and support Game Pass games freezing/crashing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the past 2 weeks my game pass games have not been playing properly, they either freeze or just crash unexpectedly. Fifa 20 simply gets stuck in a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Siviwe02, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Siviwe02
    Siviwe02 Guest

For the past 2 weeks my game pass games have not been playing properly, they either freeze or just crash unexpectedly.

Fifa 20 simply gets stuck in a loading screen after opening it for about 2 minutes and before matches.

Forza Horizon 4 crashes before the loading screen even appears

UfC3 also freezes but this occurs less frequently.

F12019 also gets stuck on a loading screen before races.

Not sure if this is limited to game pass games only, but I suspect it to be the problem.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions on fixing the issue

:)

Siviwe02, Feb 21, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello Siviwe02, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

In order to get your issue resolved, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

First, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > General > Network setting > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address: clear

Then, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Christyna64 Win User

Xbox Restoring

Here is a Xbox Support page on game crashes and freezes.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution
  4. mak__15 Win User

The Outer Worlds started crashing today in game pass for PC version. Any hotfix coming?

It is game crash on account of Game Pass because when you buy the game, it does not crash. It is really bad. I am on an important mission with no other way of entering a room then the front door. as soon as I pass the threshold, it crashes the game AND Game
    Pass.
  5. Christyna64 Win User

Game won't start

If a hard reset doesn't work here is some more information on game crashes and freeze.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution
  6. XBF Lance J Win User

My game keeps crashing

Hey Nightwing,

Thank you for reaching out! I would suggest letting the installation finish. If the game continues to crash afterwards, please refer over to our

Game Freeze/Crash solution.
    Hope this helps! :D
Thema:

1. Game Pass games freezing/crashing - Similar Threads - Game Pass games

2. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Hi, I have an subscription for xbox game pass ultimate on my other account. I have that account on my xbox, which is set as my home console, letting me use the subscription on this account which...
  3. Xbox game pass streaming service controller idea.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox game pass streaming service controller idea.: Dear Xbox, I have a great idea for your controller usability issue on playing xbox games on your phone or tablet. Please could you ditch the xbox controller layout on screen and simply have...
  4. Xbox game pass Cloud (Xcloud) for the first time in 30 years Microsoft isent my first...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox game pass Cloud (Xcloud) for the first time in 30 years Microsoft isent my first...: Its just unpayable Ive spent a week messing around with it and finally I can say with 100% confidence the problem is not at my end Such a shame. really needs sorting out its utterly unplayable...
  5. Windows Game Pass error 0x80190001

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Pass error 0x80190001: I keep getting error 0x80190001 when trying to play some game pass games on windows. It happens when the box pops up to sign into my xbox account, it then fails and gives this error. I have...
  6. XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Game Pass Ultimate: I am on PC, just let me get that out of the way. I am trying to buy the game pass ultimate and i put in my card and everything and when i hit subscribe it tells me [img] when both my PC and my...
  7. How do I allow my child's account to still have access to Ultimate and Game Pass without my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I allow my child's account to still have access to Ultimate and Game Pass without my...: I have screen time limits on my child's account but he just switches to my account when the screen time runs out. If I put a pass key on my account then it seems he can't access gamepass. Is...
  8. how to redeem Xbox free game pass in lenovo laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    how to redeem Xbox free game pass in lenovo laptop.: how to redeem Xbox free game pass in lenovo laptop, everytime I click on redeem it asks my card details and after entering the details correctly it says details doesnt match...
  9. Xbox live gold to game pass ultimate conversion

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live gold to game pass ultimate conversion: If I have 24 months of xbox live gold, and I choose to convert to game pass ultimate, will I keep my 24 months or will it be subject to a conversion ratio? 0d498f3b-3838-4e68-a2b2-1a79add5beca
  10. Xbox Game Pass PC required windows update not installing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC required windows update not installing: So I recently had to get an SSD because my old hard drive stopped working. From everything on my PC it's telling me that windows is up to date. But when I try to install the Game Pass launcher it...