Game Pass Ultimate sharing - Home setting not working

Discus and support Game Pass Ultimate sharing - Home setting not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all In my household we have two XBox - mine in the lounge (let's call this Xbox 1) and my son's in his room (Xbox 2). I have Game Pass Ultimate... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by fs996, Oct 17, 2020 at 11:13 AM.

1. fs996
    fs996 Guest

Hi all

In my household we have two XBox - mine in the lounge (let's call this Xbox 1) and my son's in his room (Xbox 2).

I have Game Pass Ultimate subscription under my account.

We just had to return my sons Xbox to Microsoft for a repair, and while it seems fine now the issue is a change of behaviour that I can't figure out.

Previously he was able to log in to his account, and play Fortnite (pretty much the only game he plays!) without me having to log in or do anything. Now, even though I do have an account on his Xbox and have set it as the Home console, it prompts him to
    subscribe to Xbox Live or Gold. The only way around this is for me to log on, open Fortnite and log in, then switch to his account so he can play. I suspect if I then signed in on Xbox 1 it may kick him out.

At this point I'm not sure if this is an issue with the way the Home setting works, or Game pass sharing, or Fortnite itself. Any suggestions? I'm not an Xbox guru at all and am completely baffled by all this.

:)

2. T3chnlgydude Win User

Xbox live account

We have 4 four consoles.

One for each member of the house. The way I set it up was that my wife and myself share Game Pass Ultimate with the gameshare feature(Set console as home Xbox)

I also did the same with the kids. They share their own Game Pass Ultimate subscription

Since you can only share with one additional console, this is the only way to do it.
  3. FreakRoach Win User

Question about Game Pass Ultimate

Well, her XBox isn't my home XBox, it would be hers. I know I can share my game library to her but wasn't sure if I can share the benefits of Game Pass Ultimate to her or she needs her own subscription.
    In order to share your Game Pass Ultimate with her, you'll have to set her console as you home and then you can sign out from there.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox Games Pass

5. steeledwand7664 Win User

About the games i own and downloaded to my xbox

One way this would have worked is if you have the Game pass Ultimate or game pass basic subscription and those games were a part of one of these subscriptions services and then they took those games away from the subscription services.

The only other way that this would have worked is if someone that did own the game digitally has your Xbox console set as that accounts home console and you were game sharing with that person and then they are no longer game sharing with you.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox game pass

Hi 1leglacey,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are attempting to share Game Pass Ultimate using the Home Xbox feature. Sharing Game Pass is not possible under this feature, the only way to play Game Pass games under home Xbox association is to download the games
    on the profile with the subscription beforehand and then play them on the other profiles after.

For more information on this, check out:
    My Home Xbox Setting

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Game Pass Ultimate sharing - Home setting not working - Similar Threads - Game Pass Ultimate

2. Switched to Game Pass Ultimate, Still Charged for Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switched to Game Pass Ultimate, Still Charged for Xbox Live Gold: I recently switched to Game Pass Ultimate, which from what I've read takes place of Xbox Live Gold. I just checked this morning, not only was I charged for the one month for Game Pass but I was...
  3. conversão de xbox live gold para game pass ultimate[Translation-conversion from xbox live...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    conversão de xbox live gold para game pass ultimate[Translation-conversion from xbox live...: Atualmente ainda é possível converter 12 meses de live gold em formato de gift card comprado por exemplo nas Lojas Americanas, em 12 meses de game pass ultimate? Tenho essa dúvida pois sou novo na...
  4. I can't redeem my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I can't redeem my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks: The perks which should be available for me as a subscriber are not being shown, e.g. Discord Nitro 1. Screenshot logged out 2. Screenshot logged in Any idea what the problem is? [img] [img]...
  5. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Got my kids Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for their birthday. But I still have som e questions. Did the purchase on my account, because I will be using it as well. I have set our Xbox One as my Home...
  6. xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    xbox game pass ultimate: Hello, i am trying to undo the game pass ultimate, but when i go to the "manage subscriptions" page it only say to pay and i cannot undo the subscription, what can i do?...
  7. Preço da xbox game pass ultimate[Translation-Xbox game pass ultimate price]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Preço da xbox game pass ultimate[Translation-Xbox game pass ultimate price]: Boa tarde. Poderiam me ajudar? gostaria de compreender melhor qual o valor especifico, na compra de uma assinatura game pass ultimate, não fica claro, o preço anual, achei no ML por 150, mas...
  8. Game pass ultimate $1 promotion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass ultimate $1 promotion: I’ve previously subscribed to game pass ultimate with a prepaid code. But I didn’t use the $1 promotion. After my subscription expires can I still get it for the $1?...
  9. Age of Empires 3 Ultimate Edition through game pass - installation issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Age of Empires 3 Ultimate Edition through game pass - installation issue: Hi, Anobody else have issues with installing AOE 3. It keeps saying there's an error and it can't connect me to the server. error code 0x800704c6. Already tried updating/rebooting all/etc, but...
  10. The Xbox app thinks I have a normal game pass and not ultimate.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox app thinks I have a normal game pass and not ultimate.: So the Xbox app thinks I have a normal game pass and not ultimate, and because of that I can't claim the 3 month discord nitro. 7caa27e3-345f-40bf-9a7e-e283b23a270a