Game share broke friends xbox

Discus and support Game share broke friends xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I was game sharing with a friend, and during which, I had bought game pass, when I removed my home xbox, they were no longer to play any of their... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CodyOsborn, Aug 27, 2019.

1. CodyOsborn
    CodyOsborn Guest

So, I was game sharing with a friend, and during which, I had bought game pass, when I removed my home xbox, they were no longer to play any of their games, the ones they had bought included, they have tried restarted their xbox, hard reset, and even uninstalled
    my account. It is saying to update their payment method on the games that they had previously bought.

:)

CodyOsborn, Aug 27, 2019
  2. CodyOsborn Win User

My friend and I had lived together for a few years to get them back up on their feet, until they finally were able to move out, so, they had been using my games and I practically consider them family, it was not up
    until recently that the TOS were violated, so thank you for wasting my time
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

It should also be noted that using game share in this way isn't allowed.

The game share feature is intended for family members within the same household, and sharing login details is against the terms and conditions of Xbox live.
  4. AridLizard Win User

check that they bought the games on their account and not on your account by accident.

you should both check https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ to see which account the games were purchased on.

out of curiosity, is it game pass or ultimate game pass that you have?

there have been a few issues with ultimate and game sharing
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi CodyOsborn

Please note that The Microsoft Services Agreement specifically prohibits users from exchanging account details with each other. You are leaving both yourself and your friends
    open to the risk of enforcement action. The game share feature is intended for family members within the same household.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Have them try this.

1. Remove their account from the xbox and readd it to the console.

If that does not fix the problem have them.

2. uninstall the game and reinstall the game
Thema:

1. Game share broke friends xbox - Similar Threads - Game share broke

2. xbox game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game sharing: Hello, I am currently gamesharing with my friend and all of a sudden I can't play any of the games that we are sharing, he still can. His xbox is still setup as my home xbox and vice versa. Not...
  3. Connection Problems while gaming on the XBox Plattform with or without Game Sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection Problems while gaming on the XBox Plattform with or without Game Sharing: Hi, I'am using Microsoft Game Pass and share my Account with my Girlfriend. At That Time we are playing often Gears of War 5 (She plays on the Box an I'am playing on the PC - most of the times,...
  4. Game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing: Hey, Me and my friend are game sharing so I can get some of his games, the problem is is that although he bought his games digitally they don't show up on his account or mine, I'm also not...
  5. xbox game share

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game share: I was wondering I game shared with my cousin and he was able to get my games but I was not able to get his. I made his account my home xbox and all that but it still didn't work. I wanted his new...
  6. Game clip sharing to Live no longer auto sharing?

in XboX Insiders
    Game clip sharing to Live no longer auto sharing?: I have reported this, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue. My console updated last Saturday and since then none of my game clips (home + x) are uploading to my profile or...
  7. Family shared games and live membership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family shared games and live membership: I remember xbox 360 had a family membership. I have my xbox and my two teenagers have an xbox as well. I would gladly pay for a family membership where I can share games, share live, and manage...
  8. Game sharing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game sharing: Hi so i have already googled this but its not helping. So my dad and brother have the same games on two different xbox ones and they have different profiles. I have tried to do this but it never...
  9. Xbox Game Share stopped working and I need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Share stopped working and I need help.: My Friend was game sharing with me after i got back my xbox (since i didnt have any games). About a month after it seems like im not game shared with him anymore and we dont have anymore switches....
  10. Ultimate game pass sharing with family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ultimate game pass sharing with family: Hello Microsoft and community. I recently switched over from sony to xbox and I see all this great talk about being able to share the ultimate game pass with family members account on the same...