Game Share issues

Discus and support Game Share issues in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For a few years, my friend and I have been doing game share over our Xbox Ones, Included with that was Game Pass and Xbox Live. Recently though Game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by InsaneGMan, Sep 20, 2022.

1. InsaneGMan
    InsaneGMan Guest

Game Share issues

For a few years, my friend and I have been doing game share over our Xbox Ones, Included with that was Game Pass and Xbox Live. Recently though Game Pass and Live stopped transferring over, he still has Game Pass and Live but I do not. Anyone know a fix, have game sharing policies changed?

:)

InsaneGMan, Sep 20, 2022
  2. maxen Win User

Game sharing issue

Is there a difference in who owns each of these games?

For the purposes of this example, you're Profile A and your brother/family member is Profile B. Console A is the console that Profile A primarily plays on; Console B belongs to Profile B.

So does Profile A own GTA (which is the one that works) and Profile B owns Destiny? (Or maybe the other way around?)

For two users in the same household sharing games, Profile A would need to make Console B his Home Xbox and Profile B would need to make Console A his Home Xbox. My suspicion is that different profiles own the different games and only one of you (whoever
    owns GTA) made the other console their Home Xbox, hence the error.

If this is the case, the owner of Destiny needs to make the other console their Home Xbox and then this should work.

Let us know if my guess as to the situation is wrong though, and we can work from there to rectify this.
  3. starbuck10000 Win User

Game sharing issue.

Sorry for the extra post here. If your friend and neighbor can sign your GT into his console without you being there that actually CAN risk your account. His kids can log into your account when nobody is home and cheat in COD. Spout nasty insults on XBL
    etc. Its also a violation to play on someone elses account. Hence why its dumb to automatically sign you in on your account especially on someone elses xbox.

But if you lock your account so you have to enter a password every time how is your neighbor going to play the game you shared if you are at work or at school ?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Game sharing issue.

I didn't intend my message to sound like I was reading you the riot act. You asked for MS links.

With the Home setting, a lot of people have been sharing games with friends on separate consoles, but it doesn't necessarily mean they gave away account information.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Game sharing issue.

No. That is not an old version, it's just not good information.

This is the official information about the Home setting -
    support.xbox.com/.../my-home-xbox

This is the Code of Conduct -
    www.xbox.com/.../CodeOfConduct
    which says:

Don’t engage in fraud or unauthorized transactions. For example, don't:

Lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide third parties access to your accounts or Gamertags

You can sign into a friend's Xbox and set it as your Home console without them needing your account information.
  6. starbuck10000 Win User

Game sharing issue.

So that was an old version ? because it was officially a feature on xbox one.

You have an official MS link then ?
Thema:

Game Share issues

1. Game Share issues - Similar Threads - Game Share issues

2. Game Pass Sharing Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass Sharing Issues: Hello We are having an issue with Game Pass Ultimate and sharing it across 2 consoles. My Xbox is set as the home Xbox and both my and my son's profiles are on it. My son's Xbox has both of our...
  3. Game share and Vanguard issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game share and Vanguard issue: Hi I game share with my friend which we only set up a month back...as he only just got an xbox one. I have a Series X and i bought Far Cry 6 when it got released and he could download that and...
  4. Xbox game sharing issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game sharing issue: Hi me and my buddy have been game sharing for awhile , and he bough the new Xbox series X recent and ever since I'm getting a pop up saying only one game at a time . He'll be on forza or whatever...
  5. Xbox Series X Game Sharing Issue Feb 2021

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Game Sharing Issue Feb 2021: Hello, i figured that it would just be easier to maybe get an answer here on Microsoft’s end. Me and my boyfriend have been game sharing with our xboxs for a long time, a couple of years at least...
  6. Issue with-Gamepass Ultimate-EA PLAY-Home console-Game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with-Gamepass Ultimate-EA PLAY-Home console-Game sharing: Hi, We have recently purchased two XSX. I have paid for and activated Game pass ultimate for my id. The issue is regarding Battlefield 5, which we got with EA PLAY. Game works fine for me,...
  7. Fortnite Game Share Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Game Share Issue: I recently got my brother an Xbox Series S and decided to gameshare to him so we could play games together. However, when he opened Fortnite he wasn't allowed to play because it said he had no...
  8. Account Game Share “Issue”, I think..

in XboX Insiders
    Account Game Share “Issue”, I think..: So I saw a post earlier about this but it doesn’t really answer my question. So I decided to game share with my friend and set his Account to my home Xbox to my Xbox. I removed his account and set...
  9. Issues with Game Sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with Game Sharing: Hello, I am attempting to game share with my brother now ive designaited his account and saved it as my home xbox and removed my account as the home xbox. I then went back onto my account and it...
  10. Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play family share issue with Battlefield trial error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play family share issue with Battlefield trial error: I've been a subscriber to Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play for a while now and my kids were able to play Battlefield V multiplayer with no problem. In the last week when they try to play on their...