Game share problem

Discus and support Game share problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My friend game shared madden 20 with me when i downloaded it and opened the game it said that i need to have the owner of this game sign in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kylarBloomberg, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Game share problem

My friend game shared madden 20 with me when i downloaded it and opened the game it said that i need to have the owner of this game sign in

:)

kylarBloomberg, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Mister Cizl Win User

Problem with game share :/

Hey johnny2turntup! Your best bet is to contact
    phone or chat support
    for assistance with another home console change. Thanks!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Game Share Problem

His account is on my Xbox. My account is on his Xbox. My Xbox is set as his home Xbox and his Xbox is set as my home Xbox. He still has Gold as he's able to play online but for some reason I still can't.
    Just because hes online doesnt mean that his gold is still active that could mean that there is another profile on his console that has his console set as their home console and has a gold subscription.

The best way to figure out is if you can sign into his account on your xbox and go into settings and under the account tab go to subscriptions it will tell you if his gold is still active or not.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Game Share Problem

That means that there is not an account on your console that has gold and has your console set as its home console.
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Game sharing problem

Hey there, Arive Shady!

I'm sorry to see any issues downloading a game! I'm wondering if the purchase didn't go through properly. If your friend is relative to your location, are they able to log into their account and find out if they can download it themselves? Let me know how
    it goes. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Insider Program troubleshooting.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Game Sharing Problem

Hey Grimkaos969,

No problem. It was my pleasure. I'm glad we could clear things up.

Apologies if that causes any inconveniences, but it's a common misconception due to most people who share licenses do so for the game sharing only and not the online access that is shared from the Gold subscription.

Most of the time, both accounts that are sharing own the subscription at the point of setting up the Home Console and you may realize that you can still play online even after your subscription expires, and that leads people to believe they also get access
    to the free games and deals you get with gold, but that's only offered to the accounts that have an active Gold license to their account.

Don't hesitate to post again in case you have any other questions and we'd be happy to help!
Thema:

Game share problem

1. Game share problem - Similar Threads - Game share problem

2. Game sharing problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing problems: I've been game sharing for a few months with a friend and not had an issue until the other day when my access to his Xbox live and game pass stopped working, at first I thought he might of needed...
  3. Game share problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game share problem: Ive had a very hard time finding help for this and ive attempted ti contact xbox support directly but i never got through . My friend and i gameshared , so that we could play fallout 76 together ,...
  4. Problem with Game Pass sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Game Pass sharing: Me and my dad share our accounts in a way where we could share the game pass, but the problem is that even though he bought the pass and his account is the home account on my console, the game...
  5. Game Share Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Share Problems: Hi I would really appreciate some help with this issue so my friend has FIFA 19 digitally and I logged into his account on my Xbox and set it as my home Xbox I then logged off his account onto...
  6. Gold / Game share problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gold / Game share problem: hi all, hope u can help.. we have 2 xbox ones in the house, we pay for gold live on my sons in his room,also set as home xbox..which enabled downstair to get live, we also share games to each...
  7. Game pass with game sharing problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game pass with game sharing problem: I am game sharing with someone that has the game pass but it won't let me play any game pass games or install new ones that they download. For example they downloaded state of decay 2 but it...
  8. Game Sharing Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Sharing Problem: Me and my buddy have been game sharing for over a year now and it's been working fine but as of last month I can no longer play or download any of the games for gold and it says I don't have gold...
  9. Problems with shared games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with shared games: Hi, My friend and I shared games with the "make this my main xbox" function and we have a little problem now. He as a brother and they both share the xbox, but yesterday they both a game on...
  10. Xbox Game-Sharing Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game-Sharing Problem: So i was gamesharing cod ww2 with my friend and then i decided to gameshare with somebody else. so my friend gameshared ww2 and other games with me but when i try to play cod ww2 now, it asks me...