Game sharing isn’t working

Discus and support Game sharing isn’t working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have my friend’s account as my home xbox and i have been playing destiny 2 like that for a long time but suddenly yesterday it started saying i dont... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by adikoolgamer, Aug 30, 2019.

1. adikoolgamer
    adikoolgamer Guest

I have my friend’s account as my home xbox and i have been playing destiny 2 like that for a long time but suddenly yesterday it started saying i dont own the game and i need to sign in with the account that does and i tried restarting my xbox and tried
    to launch the game but it didnt work. So i tried game sharing with someone else but still it keeps giving me the same error.

Can someone help me solve this problem pls?

:)

adikoolgamer, Aug 30, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there adikoolgamer,

Sorry to hear you are running into this problem with the game sharing feature. We do currently have an active service alert regarding signing into accounts, it is possible that this is causing some issues with the gameshares, You can get notified when this
    issue has been resolved by going over to the
    Xbox Live Status Page

You can try to
    Physically Power Cycle your Xbox One
    then giving it another try to see if this will help. If the issue persists I would wait until the service alert has been removed so that we can properly troubleshoot.

I hope this helps.
  3. Geth Win User

Did you happen to switch home xbox's during this time?

You are limited to 5 switches a year.
  4. AridLizard Win User

first off, game sharing by using the Home Xbox feature is only meant to be used by people in the same household and using it with people who are not family is against Xbox/Microsoft's terms of use and can result in an enforcement action against the accounts
    involved.

maybe your friend switched his home Xbox to game share with someone else (or to play his games offline)

you'd have to ask him if that is the case.

but it could be a glitch, so try a Power Cycle just to rule that out.

hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until the Xbox powers down then switch off the wall socket and pull the plug out of the wall socket. leave it for 10 minutes then plug it back in, switch it back on and turn on your Xbox. hopefully
    that will sort it out.

but if your friend did switch his Home Xbox there is nothing anyone can do.
  5. adikoolgamer Win User

Yea i did switch my home xbox. I made my other friend’s account my home xbox after trying to launch the game multiple times with the same account that i was using to play the game for past few months.
  6. Miku Sakuya Win User

If the account is still homed it's very possible if xbox live services are having issues it can affect use of game shared games
Thema:

1. Game sharing isn’t working - Similar Threads - Game sharing isn’t

2. Game share

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game share: I ran out of switches for some reason when i had four yesterday i want them back!!! 3f110d52-41e3-4463-ad9e-160946df386a
  3. Game share fifa 20

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game share fifa 20: Hi me and my little brother gameshare all our games and for hik it has shown that he has bought fifa 20 but for me there are no signs of it whatsoever how can we fix this?...
  4. game sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    game sharing: I'm sure I'm not the inkt person with this problem, and all gamers than game share know it is one that needs to be addressed because, pardon my French, this is BS (bullsnot, I didn't curse and...
  5. 2k20 game-share

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2k20 game-share: Is it possible to play pickup games in the my park neighborhood with the same person you are game sharing with. I tried to play with the person i was game sharing with and everytime the game was...
  6. Game Share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Share: I game shared NBA 2k20 with my friend, and it was the downloaded version. However when he trued to play the game it wouldn’t let him and pop up the screen that says “are you sure you own this...
  7. game sharing issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game sharing issue: Hi guys, I have an issue with game sharing I have two xbox one's for my 2 boys that share a gold account, the issue I am having is I have recently installed Minecraft on both consoles but for them...
  8. Game share not working with 2k20

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game share not working with 2k20: My brother and I are game sharing. We have game shared multiple games. He recently bought 2k20 so I downloaded it, but every time I try to start it up it asks “Do you own this game or app?”. Even...
  9. Game pass family sharing not working as intended?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass family sharing not working as intended?: Game pass family sharing not working as intended? I have two xboxs and i recently got gamepass Ultimate to share games with my wife on xbox number 2. xbox number two, has my wifes profile and my...
  10. NBA 2k18 game share isn’t working !

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2k18 game share isn’t working !: I’m game sharing with a friend, she hasn’t nba 2k18 digitally downloaded, I've downloaded the game installed it and everything but when I go to play it it Says “to play this, you’ll need to buy...