game sharing issue

Discus and support game sharing issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have an issue with game sharing I have two xbox one's for my 2 boys that share a gold account, the issue I am having is I have recently... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DarrenLong2, Sep 10, 2019.

1. DarrenLong2
    DarrenLong2 Guest

game sharing issue

Hi guys, I have an issue with game sharing I have two xbox one's for my 2 boys that share a gold account, the issue I am having is I have recently installed Minecraft on both consoles but for them to play it at the same time one child signs in to there
    account and plays the game, but on the other console the child signs in with there account but the game won't play comes up with a message Do you own this game. So to get around this I sign in with account that allows the game to play then switch user from
    the game menu then they can both play. but as I do this it signs the other console out. Sorry its confusing its a bit hard to explain. they both play Fortnite with out this issue. its frustrating me and them because you have to keep signing in and out of
    each console in order to play at the same time. any help would be great. cheers.

:)

DarrenLong2, Sep 10, 2019
  2. maxen Win User

Game sharing issue

Is there a difference in who owns each of these games?

For the purposes of this example, you're Profile A and your brother/family member is Profile B. Console A is the console that Profile A primarily plays on; Console B belongs to Profile B.

So does Profile A own GTA (which is the one that works) and Profile B owns Destiny? (Or maybe the other way around?)

For two users in the same household sharing games, Profile A would need to make Console B his Home Xbox and Profile B would need to make Console A his Home Xbox. My suspicion is that different profiles own the different games and only one of you (whoever
    owns GTA) made the other console their Home Xbox, hence the error.

If this is the case, the owner of Destiny needs to make the other console their Home Xbox and then this should work.

Let us know if my guess as to the situation is wrong though, and we can work from there to rectify this.
  3. starbuck10000 Win User

Game sharing issue.

Sorry for the extra post here. If your friend and neighbor can sign your GT into his console without you being there that actually CAN risk your account. His kids can log into your account when nobody is home and cheat in COD. Spout nasty insults on XBL
    etc. Its also a violation to play on someone elses account. Hence why its dumb to automatically sign you in on your account especially on someone elses xbox.

But if you lock your account so you have to enter a password every time how is your neighbor going to play the game you shared if you are at work or at school ?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Game sharing issue.

I didn't intend my message to sound like I was reading you the riot act. You asked for MS links.

With the Home setting, a lot of people have been sharing games with friends on separate consoles, but it doesn't necessarily mean they gave away account information.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Game sharing issue.

No. That is not an old version, it's just not good information.

This is the official information about the Home setting -
    support.xbox.com/.../my-home-xbox

This is the Code of Conduct -
    www.xbox.com/.../CodeOfConduct
    which says:

Don’t engage in fraud or unauthorized transactions. For example, don't:

Lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide third parties access to your accounts or Gamertags

You can sign into a friend's Xbox and set it as your Home console without them needing your account information.
  6. starbuck10000 Win User

Game sharing issue.

So that was an old version ? because it was officially a feature on xbox one.

You have an official MS link then ?
Thema:

game sharing issue

1. game sharing issue - Similar Threads - game sharing issue

2. Xbox Game Share Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Share Issues: I am having problems game sharing. Before you ask it says I have 5 switches left. When I click "Make this my home Xbox" It says "We are unable to connect to the service at the moment. Try again in...
  3. Xbox one game share issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one game share issue: So i was game shareing with a person then stopped and game shared with another but i still am able to use games from both people without issues is this normal? Why is it acting so weird...
  4. Xbox game share issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game share issue: the Xbox game share I game shared with my friend and it doesn't give full access to his games like I wanted to install fighterz but when I go to ready to install it won't show up I tried unhiding...
  5. Family Game Sharing Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family Game Sharing Issues: The family is 1st time Xbox One X users Bought new Xbox One X for kids, signed in and created main parent account for Parental Controls. Downloaded the new games with codes and disks with...
  6. Game sharing issue with Minecraft (Digital)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game sharing issue with Minecraft (Digital): Good evening, Scruffy here. Me and my friend recently set up our xbox one's as our home consoles on both accounts and are having a issue with sharing the digital version of "Minecraft xbox one...
  7. Game Share Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Share Issues: I have a friend who's account I've had on my Xbox for a long time and I've game shared off of and not changed the home Xbox more than 5 times this year and nor has he game shared with anyone else....
  8. Halo 3 ranked playlist issue with game-sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 3 ranked playlist issue with game-sharing: My friend can't play halo 3 ranked matches even though we share gold. We are allowed to play every other games, even backwards compatable titles! I don't know if this is an xbox problem or...
  9. Halo 3 game sharing issue rank playlist

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 3 game sharing issue rank playlist: im having issue playing halo 3 rank playlist. I have xbox live gold but im game sharing with my brother. It wont allow me to play any rank playlist because it say restricted to Xbox Live Gold...
  10. Game Share issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Share issues: Hi so, I've game shared with two people, but now neither of them can play the game's I have, but it's never stopped doing so before. Is there a way to fix it? f47065b1-6bee-47b8-9a2c-e8acf42fc580