Game Sharing with home xbox set on xbox one x not working

Discus and support Game Sharing with home xbox set on xbox one x not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've set up my account sharing with my daughter but she still can't play my games on her account. I set my home account on her xbox and set her home... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FleshWound444, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Game Sharing with home xbox set on xbox one x not working

I've set up my account sharing with my daughter but she still can't play my games on her account. I set my home account on her xbox and set her home account on my xbox. When I'm on her xbox I'm able to log into my account or her account and play all the
    games I've downloaded, but when I log into her account on my xbox I get an error message saying I have to log into the account that purchased the game. So, when I log back into my account the game loads up and works without an issue. So why won't it work when
    I switch to her account and try to load the same game? I don't understand why the game sharing works on both accounts on her xbox but not on my xbox.

:)

FleshWound444, Apr 20, 2020
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Lets see if I can explain it for you.

No matter what console an account/profile is signed into it will always be able to play its games and use any subscriptions it has on the account.

Each profile can set ONE console at a time as its home console and any other profile on that ONE console can play any game that other player owns and use any subscriptions that player has on its account.

So in your case you said you set your daughters Xbox as your profiles home xbox so her Xbox is the ONLY xbox that ANY other profile when signed in can play any of your games and use any of your subscriptions.

While you have your xbox set as her home xbox if she has purchased any digital games on her account you would be able to play ANY of her games.

The ONLY way for her to play your games on your xbox would be for you to be signed in at the same time as her profile is signed in.

This is how the Home Xbox/Game Sharing is setup to work. and is working as designed.

Hope this helps explain things a little more and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox Home switch reset?

Do you have one Xbox that is set to "My Home Xbox" if the answer is yes, then your son can sign in on that and use it to play your games and share your Xbox Live Gold etc. The other Xbox, the one that isn't set as "My Home Xbox" you can sign into and use
    to play your games and use Xbox Live Gold, that is how it works and always has been. It isn't really designed to share between two Xbox consoles but to be on one console for everyone within the home to be able to play on, using one subscription.

Here's my scenario, I have three Xbox Ones, an X in my living room, an S in a games room and an original in a bedroom. The original my wife uses, so that is set to "My Home Xbox" so she can share my games and Xbox Live Gold, the other two are used by myself
    and I can login and play all my games on either console.
  4. JFord047 Win User

The Microsoft Family Con!

So far we have a few responses!!!

Microsoft say that the family sharing works for games, you lot seem to differ in that!

Microsoft say that it helps you monitor your children - you appear to agree, but it works on both Xbox One -Xbox One S - Xbox One X - mobile Phone - Tablet AND PC. But does nothing for Adults!

Microsoft are pushing Play Anywhere - but do not make it clear that its for the person who "buys" the game, not others, unless on the exact same Xbox.

My Simple point is... THE PARENTS BUY THE GAMES, not the children (although some do), So the specifics would be the Purchaser / Owner of the game is the person who's card paid for it... NOT THE XBOX HOME USER, and just to add insult to injury we have 3 Xboxes
    Yet on the Xbox X All the family have this set as their Home Xbox, only 1 has the Xbox one S set as their Home Xbox, and they are as said also on the Xbox One X as their home xbox….

So we all get 1 home, they get 2 and Nobody has a PC as their home!!! yet once more they are all on it!
  5. Zero Jehuty Win User

XBOX Live

Follow these steps to set up "Home Sharing" https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

The quick version is to Set each others Xbox as "Home" For the Gamertag.

The Gamertag with gold will "Share" with the accounts on that xbox. But that gold only works on THAT system for non gold accounts.
  6. Wishcatcher Win User

Family sharing

Thema:

1. Game Sharing with home xbox set on xbox one x not working - Similar Threads - Game Sharing home

2. Share Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on my Home Xbox for a newly registered account: what becomes...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on my Home Xbox for a newly registered account: what becomes...: So, my son has an old Xbox live account with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. He is playing Minecraft, he has made quite a good progress. I am thinking of discontinuing his subscription (12.99€ per...
  3. Share Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on my Home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on my Home Xbox: So, my son has an Xbox live account with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. He is playing Minecraft, he has made quite a good progress. I am thinking of discontinuing his subscription (12.99€ per month)...
  4. Online in game / party chat along with home xbox / family sharing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Online in game / party chat along with home xbox / family sharing.: I have four kids (ikr lol). Anyway, i have my xbox one as my home xbox, and the kids xbox i have enabled them to sign on as me (via text verification) and their own profiles to play games that i...
  5. Home Xbox and game sharing expansions Destiny 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home Xbox and game sharing expansions Destiny 2: So I decided to game share with my friend, he has all the expansions of destiny two and he let me game share with him. So I got his account on my Xbox and set his home Xbox to mine, so I could...
  6. Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass on home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass on home Xbox: So my Xbox is designated as my home Xbox and I have the game pass ultimate and live on my account but no other account on the xbox can access the game pass. I thought you could share it with...
  7. Xbox Game Share/ Xbox Home is NOT WORKING!!! HELP PLEASE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Share/ Xbox Home is NOT WORKING!!! HELP PLEASE: Hello SUPPORT GROUP OF MICROSOFT/XBOX, So, my cousin’s gamesharing is not working, when my console is clearly the NEWLY DESIGNATED Xbox Home, as I followed the procedure on “How to make your...
  8. game pass for PC - home-sharing (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    game pass for PC - home-sharing (PC): Hello, I'm subscribed to XBOX Live Gold and have been home-sharing with another console in my home. I got it to work very easily; it's excellent! I'm now subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate. I have...
  9. 2 XBOX one home game sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 XBOX one home game sharing?: Hey there, so I’ve seen and heard about making an xbox your home xbox to be able to share your xbox gold and your games with the other person. So my husband and I have been doing this as we are...
  10. Home Xbox and Game Sharing with a Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home Xbox and Game Sharing with a Disc: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to own two copies of a game, one physical and one digital, and play them on two separate Xbox One consoles. Here's the catch: I would like to have...