“Game sharing” Xbox live

Discus and support “Game sharing” Xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For a long time I have been game sharing with my friend. I am able to download the games he buys and play them as well. I have also been able to get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BadJokeGuru, Sep 25, 2019.

1. BadJokeGuru
    BadJokeGuru Guest

“Game sharing” Xbox live

For a long time I have been game sharing with my friend. I am able to download the games he buys and play them as well. I have also been able to get xbox live from his account being set to my home xbox. Recently, however, my xbox hasn’t been connecting
    to xbox live and is asking me to buy it since I’m mooching off my friend. Im not sure if this is a new policy that I can’t game share xbox live, or if this is only happening to me. Also, I would love to have tips on how I might be able to fix this, thanks.

:)

BadJokeGuru, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Jurgen1488 Win User

can i transfer xbox live over to a child

You can share your account with another account. This is how you share all memberships and games.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
  3. ApocalypseXpony Win User

Red Dead 2

hi yes you can , and if you game share and have the game digital you will share the game and xbox live
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Gamedata

Xbox Live sharing is for Xbox console only. Even though it is possible to share Xbox live and games on the console (I understand you are on PC) you can not share saved game data. It is not possible to transfer digital data from one account to another on
    either platform.
  5. XGN Sir 12 Gage Win User

2 Xbox Ones, 2 people, 1 Live Gold account?

Hi in reply to your question Yes you could share gold with her but your account would have to be on her xbox and your account would have to be signed in to share xbox live. With setting the home xbox's yes you both would be able to share games if both of
    you have each other xbox's set as home. You only can game share 3 times a year though.

If you have any more questions or are a little confused here is a link on how gold sharing and game sharing works.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

support.xbox.com/.../my-home-xbox

Hope I was able to help and your questions get answered :)
  6. Ackis Win User

2 xbox one consoles in the same home connected to the same account

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

That link should help you.

As others have mentioned, the home sharing will help with digital games/xbox live gold. Game progress will be stored in the cloud, so they can keep their game progress regardless of which console they play on.

With game sharing they can also be playing the same game at the same time.
Thema:

“Game sharing” Xbox live

1. “Game sharing” Xbox live - Similar Threads - “Game sharing” live

2. Xbox Live Gold & Game Sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold & Game Sharing: I'm confused which XBOX's to set as Home Xbox. Under my profile, on my XBOX, I have it set as the Home Xbox. I have the games installed and the Live Gold Subscription. I want to share my Xbox...
  3. Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass on home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass on home Xbox: So my Xbox is designated as my home Xbox and I have the game pass ultimate and live on my account but no other account on the xbox can access the game pass. I thought you could share it with...
  4. Sharing live and games in one house on two consoles...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing live and games in one house on two consoles...: I have two xbox's in one house, mine and my 11yr old sons. We share my xbox live account, I have my main profile on my console in the living room with the gold sub along with EA access. I have...
  5. Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Xbox Live and Game Pass??: So i have an Xbox One X and just my account on this system which i have Game Pass Ultimate (Game Pass + Xbox Live). My brother has just been given an Xbox One S, now i know im able to share games...
  6. Xbox live Gold sharing, can play online but cannot play Games with Gold games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live Gold sharing, can play online but cannot play Games with Gold games: Hello there, A friend and I were sharing the xbox live gold but when my turn was over and when he paid for the service, I can't play with my GwG games anymore. The system tells me that it seems...
  7. Can share games but live gold with 2 consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can share games but live gold with 2 consoles: Previously my son and I were both on my xbox one, my account is the live gold subscription and I added him as family. He made his own gamertag account and was able to play the games I downloaded...
  8. Share live and game pass on Xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Share live and game pass on Xbox one.: My son has 2 xbox ones, one at mine and one at mums. the one at mine has my account and his account which are linked through Microsoft family. I dont play it so my account does not need to be on...
  9. Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing LIVE and Game on LAN inside same house on one account.: I have checked a bunch of forum threads here, but can't find an answer to this. I bought a Xbox One X today, and my wife got my old Xbox One. LIVE and Game sharing doesen't work at all. Both...
  10. Sharing games and xbox gold live/gamer tag between two devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sharing games and xbox gold live/gamer tag between two devices: My son currently has an xbox one at our house and an Xbox Gold Live account. He wants to get another xbox one at his father’s house but be able to log in using the same gamer tag and xbox gold...