Game Streaming - "To continue, sign in on your console using this account"

Discus and support Game Streaming - "To continue, sign in on your console using this account" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot get game streaming to work. I was streaming multiple times for 4 straight days prior. These past two days it won't stream at all after I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aspiring Alpha, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Game Streaming - "To continue, sign in on your console using this account"

I cannot get game streaming to work. I was streaming multiple times for 4 straight days prior. These past two days it won't stream at all after I connect to my Xbox One. Every time I try to stream from the Xbox App in Windows 10, I get the message "To continue,
    sign in on your console using this account". I have signed in with the same account on both Windows 10 and the Xbox One.

I have tried:

• Resetting the xbox app
    • Removing my account and signing back in after resetting xbox app
    • Removing, resetting, and then re-adding my account on my XB1
    • Ran all updates on both my computer and XB1 and Windows 10
    The XB1 and PCs are on the same network (XB1 wired and Laptop wireless).

When I test stream everything is ticked green.

The following is the a reply to a similar thread, the steps listed are ones that I have tried multiple times with no success.

The Xbox account and the status of the Xbox Live server are important factors that we have to consider when troubleshooting issues with the Xbox app's game streaming feature. We also need to make sure that your device and the Xbox app are up-to-date.

To check for service alerts, visit the Xbox Live Status page.

Refer to the following links for the steps on how to check if there are updates available for the Xbox app and your Windows 10 PC:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10

If you encounter the same error message, we suggest removing and re-adding your profile. For your reference, see

How to add or remove a Microsoft account on Xbox One.

I appreciate any and all help with this issue!!!! Thank you in advance

:)

Aspiring Alpha, Jan 21, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

in case you haven't tried it yet,

please try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at least 60 seconds before powering on again:

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

You might also try rebooting all Network devices when console is powered off.

Let us know the results
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  4. Catherine Cus. Win User

Hi,

Thanks for providing us detailed information regarding the issue that you're facing. The Xbox account and the status of the Xbox Live server are important factors that we have to consider when troubleshooting issues with the Xbox app's game streaming feature.
    We also need to make sure that your device and the Xbox app are up-to-date.

To check for service alerts, visit the
    Xbox Live Status
    page.

Refer to the following links for the steps on how to check if there are updates available for the Xbox app and your Windows 10 PC:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10

In addition, we also recommend that you follow the steps provided on this
    link
    on how to resolve issues regarding Xbox One achievements and challenges. The solutions given on that page can help in resolving the error message you’re receiving from your Xbox One console.

If you encounter the same error message, we suggest removing and re-adding your profile. For your reference, see

How to add or remove a Microsoft account on Xbox One

Keep us posted with the outcome. We'd be glad to further assist you.
  5. Aspiring Alpha Win User

Hi WPAK,

I appreciate the quick help! After this didn't work I thought about seeing if I was even connected to the correct xbox. I was actually trying to connect to my brothers, which is on the same network. My xbox was the one that randomly stopped being able to
    connect to the xbox app. I read a couple threads about the issue and someone commented and said to change the name of the xbox in the settings. It will restart - let it. Then try opening the app and connecting to the new name. And it worked!
  6. The Dustier Pie Win User

STREAMING ERROR: TO CONTINUE, SIGN IN ON YOUR CONSOLE USING THIS ACCOUNT

Yeah when you add a passcode it requires you sign in with a controller because without it anyone using you network could access your xbox and account rendering the password useless.
Thema:

1. Game Streaming - "To continue, sign in on your console using this account" - Similar Threads - Game Streaming continue

2. Game Streaming issue on Nvidia Shield Tablet Android 7.0

in XboX Insiders
    Game Streaming issue on Nvidia Shield Tablet Android 7.0: I am using Game Streaming on my Shield, and it was working fine till 3 days ago. Now I cannot play any game and getting the error : "the servers are busy, cannot connect to stream". I am using...
  3. Controller not working correctly with Xbox Game Streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Controller not working correctly with Xbox Game Streaming: Hi there, I've tried connecting my Xbox One controller wirelessly via Bluetooth and wired through an OTG connection, but both methods seem to come with the same problems. The app and games work...
  4. Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) Support and Discussion: Week of December 12, 2019

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) Support and Discussion: Week of December 12, 2019: Discuss your experiences and get help with Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) here all week long! This thread is open all week long to discuss all things Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) and get help...
  5. I am an xbox insider but game streaming shows this on samsung galaxy s9 can i fix this?

in XboX Insiders
    I am an xbox insider but game streaming shows this on samsung galaxy s9 can i fix this?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Beetlesnapper [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox console companion game stream mic not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox console companion game stream mic not working: I didn't know this was even an option it had until recently, but it doesn't even work for me... Does it work for anyone else, if so, any ideas on how to get it working?...
  7. Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming: The controller functions normally when connected to the Xbox itself. When game streaming, the sticks, triggers, and d-pad do not work giving no input while the bumpers and other buttons function...
  8. issue streaming games with OBS using XBox (beta) app

in XBoX on Windows
    issue streaming games with OBS using XBox (beta) app: Win 10 fully updated, all drivers current ect. Unable to use streaming software to stream games using xbox game pass. I have been able to isolate the issue being when you choose the window you...
  9. Will there eventually be a "xcloud app" on the xbox itself? To stream games instead of...

in XboX Insiders
    Will there eventually be a "xcloud app" on the xbox itself? To stream games instead of...: As the halos and gear games are 100gb plus, I could see myself as using the service to play games that are not installed locally. submitted by /u/iamkeeeng [link] [comments]
  10. Game Streaming - "To continue, sign in on your console using this account"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Streaming - "To continue, sign in on your console using this account": I cannot get game streaming to work. Every time I try to stream from the Xbox App in Windows 10, I get the message "To continue, sign in on your console using this account". I have signed in with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. To continue sign in on your console using this account

2. to continue sign on on your console using this account

3. xbox to continue sign in on your console