Game taking hours to install update

Discus and support Game taking hours to install update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I only play the the xbox like twice a month so everytime there’s some sort of update for a game which takes hours, sometimes up to 5. I have fast... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dunndeal3, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Dunndeal3
    Dunndeal3 Guest

I only play the the xbox like twice a month so everytime there’s some sort of update for a game which takes hours, sometimes up to 5. I have fast Internet. This is a huge problem for Microsoft. I won’t be getting any new xboxes because of this problem.

:)

Dunndeal3, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Dunndeal3 Win User

Download speed is 235 mbps
  3. Dunndeal3 Win User

Thanks. I’ll give these options a try.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

You've said your connection is fast, but how fast is it?

Making sure you have nothing downloading on any of your other devices, go to
    www.speedtest.net
    run the test and post your results.

Thanks.
  5. LadyDeathtrip Win User

Hi Dunndeal3,

If you are noticing significant slowdowns and lag or network issues even when no other device is having similar issues then you may want to try the following steps to see if any help resolve your issues.

1. If able to hardwire into your modem always do so as it is your optimal connection type. Even if only for testing purposes this will help determine if the issue is with wifi or potentially entire network connectivity/ISP.. if already wired then, Change
    your network LAN cable to a high speed Cat 7 cable or Cat 8 as they are rated to support ultra high speeds where Standard cat5 or cat 6 cables do not typically handle higher than 1GB and actual speeds can be affected based off of length of cable and quality
    of cable as well as if the RJ45 connector tip is loose or not punched down on the wires correctly.

2. If on Wi-Fi ensure that your network security settings are using at least WPA-2 and not an open network, and that your network SSID name being broadcast is unique and broadcasting in both 2.4ghz and 5Ghz bands. Also ensure that you have UPNP enabled on
    your modem and that you have set up port forwarding to the recommend ports listed by Xbox to ensure open NAT which is needed for best quality online live service and multi-player gaming. Here is the link about what ports should be forwarded-

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live

3. Set a reserved static IP for your Xbox on your modem and also set the static information in your Xbox network settings. Also try changing your DNS settings on your Xbox to manual and set an open DNS IP address like Google or other provider. Google DNS
    is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

4. Check your modem configuration to ensure that DHCP is enabled if not using a static address, as well as make sure that your lease times are set to no more than a day or two. This will help release the IP lease faster clearing the table if you have many
    devices connected and force a reassignment of IPs to only active devices.

5. Perform a system reset without removal of apps or games to ensure caches are cleared and the system is running fresh with no stored configs.

6. Another great test if hardwired is connect another device to the same cable and see if it too has issues, that will inform you if line or modem/config related or hardware issue.

7. Last thing I would recommend is speaking to Xbox tech support to further troubleshoot to help determine if a hardware failure and if service is needed as sometimes wifi cards and lan port do fail or a pin can get bumped out of place when connecting or
    disconnecting cables.

Here is a link to check the status of Xbox Live services for outages or issues as well in case there are issues that may be affecting your area.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Good luck and hope something here helps!
  6. LonewandererD Win User

Game Taking Hours To Install

Cancel installation, disconnect from internet and then install while disconnected, had this same problem with games on the Xbox One and my PC. Once you reconnect you still won't be able to play the game until it has been updated which in itself tends to
    take a while.
Thema:

1. Game taking hours to install update - Similar Threads - Game taking hours

2. Using xCloud does not take advantage of 100% of the screen once the game is started leaving...

in XboX Insiders
    Using xCloud does not take advantage of 100% of the screen once the game is started leaving...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  3. Cancelled Game Installation, Still Taking Up Space

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelled Game Installation, Still Taking Up Space: On my Xbox One, I started to install the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition through Game Pass. I ended up having to cancel the installation, but the 40-50GB of space it needs is still being takes up...
  4. Xbox games taking to long to start

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox games taking to long to start: Everytime I go to open a game it says that the game took to long to open. I have restarted my console and unplugged it many times. I have factory reset it also and nothing has worked. Im not sure...
  5. Games taking too long to start on Delta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Games taking too long to start on Delta Ring: What kind of sorcery is this, lemme play my gamessss submitted by /u/TheMedic8826 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox one X games and apps always take too long to start and sometimes unresponsive.AS a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X games and apps always take too long to start and sometimes unresponsive.AS a...: Everything works fine when I am offline but no game or apps load when i am connected to the internet.I have tried clearing saved data, power cycling,a full factory reset but nothing is solving the...
  7. Why do games take hours to install on my Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do games take hours to install on my Xbox One?: I'm talking like 4-7 hours of installing a game with 1.5 TB of free space. 219e67b9-4d32-4c46-beab-91e9bfabf9ea
  8. Should it take hours to install a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should it take hours to install a game?: Just got the One and incredibly, it takes hours to install games from discs. Even while disconnected from the net. It took quite a while to install Halo MCC from a disc while offline, thinking...
  9. System updates and game downloads takes hours

in XBoX on Consoles
    System updates and game downloads takes hours: I have several issues with the Xbox one. The first would be the fact that anytime you want to play a new game it takes hours for the Xbox 1 to download so that you can play. Most times by the...
  10. Marketplace games taking hours to download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Marketplace games taking hours to download: It took me 12 hours to download the Master Chief Collection, now taking just as long to download GTA 5. Have 60mbs internet speed, yet my current bandwidth readout on X1 is 60-100 kb/s? What...