Game that I already own will not install

Discus and support Game that I already own will not install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Fortnite would not update, so we uninstalled hoping to reinstall. Now it says I own the game but it won't install. When we select 'install' it simply... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by uponatusday, Aug 12, 2019.

1. uponatusday
    uponatusday Guest

Fortnite would not update, so we uninstalled hoping to reinstall. Now it says I own the game but it won't install. When we select 'install' it simply does nothing

:)

uponatusday, Aug 12, 2019
  2. zmaster2XXX Win User

Try rebooting the console as suggested and maybe also check the mobile app to see if it shows as purchased.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Can you try the following:

If you can see the partial installation of Fortnite, press the menu button and manage the game.

Delete everything: The base game, possible DLCs and local savegames (do NOT delete the cloud savegames from all consoles).

Then hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds. Restart the console and make sure it shows a green boot screen. If not, hold the power button again for 10 seconds.

Then try to install Fortnite again.
  4. CrazY1985 Win User

Buying games that I already own

Please make sure that you are using the account that bought the digital game.
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

Bought game I already own

6. SniffyBark71 Win User

Reinstalling a game I already own.

That seems to have fixed it! Thank you !
Thema:

1. Game that I already own will not install - Similar Threads - Game already own

2. Problem playing a game I already own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem playing a game I already own: So i have minecraft xbox one editon which gives a free download to minecraft windows 10. Ive been playing windows 10 minecraft for a while now and i just got a trail fro gamepass and when it...
  3. Having to buy an already owned game again issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having to buy an already owned game again issue: My brother bought Destiny 2 on his Xbox One but somehow it uninstalled and it says that he has to buy the game again. I’m game sharing with him so he allowed me to get it but he doesn’t. It even...
  4. Downloaded Digital Version of a Game I Already Owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Digital Version of a Game I Already Owned: So I already owned the physical version of thebwitcher 3 wild hunt, I recently downloaded the digital version if the game, specifically the complete edition. The game downloaded but when I went to...
  5. Xbox Won't allow me to play games I already own.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Won't allow me to play games I already own.: My Xbox randomly stopped allowing me to play any of my already installed games. After continuously trying to remedy the situation I came to the solution, it's called a "soft reset" i.e you don't...
  6. How do i gift a game i already own?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i gift a game i already own?: I already own overwatch and I want to gift a copy to a friend. I don't want to buy a gift card. The option to "Buy as a Gift" doesn't show up on the xbox website, through the app or on console. Am...
  7. say i dont own a dlc for a game I already own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    say i dont own a dlc for a game I already own: i bought a dlc for Destiny The taken king and now its wanting me to pay for it again, 9d2578a6-e7ff-41c0-83c6-7dcd948cac08
  8. I am unable to play a game after expiry of game pass despite i already own the copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game after expiry of game pass despite i already own the copy: HI all. I own a game disc for quantum break, the fact is I had subscribed for xbox game pass trial which has ended recently, it is understood that i can't play a game while my game pass...
  9. Bought game I already own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought game I already own: My 9 year old son received Xbox gift cards for Christmas & was excited to use them. I have an Xbox live Gold account & received Prison Architect free as part of the Games with Gold program. My son...
  10. Says i dont own already purchased game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Says i dont own already purchased game.: Hi, That's how I bought a game from the store. It was an upgrade of an already purchased game. Now I would check on the next upgrade and see that I do not "" own "" the previous one. Fortnite -...