Game update fails to initialize, paused update, initiate update...game uninstalls itself.

Discus and support Game update fails to initialize, paused update, initiate update...game uninstalls itself. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; 5 times so far this year the following has happened. Prompted to update game, game update fails to start, update paused(not cancelled) and un-paused... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/b0b_is_here, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Game update fails to initialize, paused update, initiate update...game uninstalls itself.

5 times so far this year the following has happened. Prompted to update game, game update fails to start, update paused(not cancelled) and un-paused but still doesn't start, console restarted, update starts but game has been uninstalled and is reinstalling along with update. This has happened with Halo 5 twice, and Destiny 2 three times, both of which are 100 gigs +. Report has been filed, but seeking advice on how to stop this from happening if I'm doing something wrong.

submitted by /u/b0b_is_here
    [link] [comments]

/u/b0b_is_here, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Tziggyx Win User

Initial update failing

The lack of support by Microsoft is extremely frustrating.
  3. Tziggyx Win User

Initial update failing

"There was a problem with the update". I make sure the controller is on too, because at first I thought that might be the issue.
  4. Mr BoomerX1 Win User

Initial update failing

I hope I don't have that problem on my Xbox One that I am buying this tuesday.

It's going to be the Blue colored Forza 6 edition.
  5. loonysup Win User

Initial update failing

I had the same issue and even went as far as to return the xbox and get another (before Christmas). The second one did the same thing - always stopping at 74%. I was finally able to get it to work by bypassing my router and plugging the xbox straight in
    to the cable modem (make sure to reset the modem so the xbox will get the address from the modem).

I have no network issues (wired or wireless) in my house with any other device and believe me there are plenty of them.

Hope this helps.

David
  6. Mister Urkel Win User

Initial update failing

Hey All,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having trying to get your consoles to initially update. There are some links out there for troubleshooting these very issues.

Try these steps and let us know what happens. Also remember that the teams within Microsoft are doing their best and are hard at work to fix issues brought to us by our Fellow Gamers. We are trying to get to these tweets, posts, calls and chats as fast as we
    can to help all. Your continual patience is appreciated and know we are on your side to get you all gaming and enjoying the Xbox One console.

With that all said please reach out and let us know if we can help.
Thema:

Game update fails to initialize, paused update, initiate update...game uninstalls itself.

1. Game update fails to initialize, paused update, initiate update...game uninstalls itself. - Similar Threads - Game update fails

2. Game update fails

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game update fails: Hey I’ve been trying for 2 days to install Lego Jurassic World on my Xbox One and it keeps failing when it tries to update. It comes up with an error code 87E0000F, I’ve tried uninstalling the...
  3. Failed updates need to STOP unistalling games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed updates need to STOP unistalling games: Only in this month, due power failures during the download of a update I've already lost: Destiny 2 (100+ GB) Red Dead Redemption 2 (100+ GB) Battlefield 5 (60+ GB) Doom Eternal (40+ GB) Some...
  4. Xbox fails to complete any the download or update of any apps, games or updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fails to complete any the download or update of any apps, games or updates: Hi I have been struggling the last couple of months to download new games or apps to my Xbox One. Downloads start a full expected speed, but suddenly stops after a short while. I checked with...
  5. Unable to install any updates to games or apps, new purchases also fail.

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to install any updates to games or apps, new purchases also fail.: After latest update build: 464.2001.10001.70 my console has prompted me to update every install. Except now all the downloads fail. They run a couple of seconds than give multiple error codes. New...
  6. Xbox Fails To Update and Install games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Fails To Update and Install games.: I tried installing the new Borderlands 3 update last night. It failed to update. So I assumed that there was some xbox live issues going on so I did not bother with it much. Today, I tried...
  7. Xbox游戏更新失败 [Translate] Xbox game update failed

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox游戏更新失败 [Translate] Xbox game update failed: 我进入《极限竞速:地平线4》时,它 载了很久,然后显示更新失败,错误代 是0x80240438,进入游戏后在线功能都不能用了,请问这是怎么回事? [Translate by Mod] When I entered "Extreme Race: Horizon 4", it loaded for a long time, and then showupdate failed,...
  8. game update fail

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game update fail: Hi community, I have been having trouble trying to install the latest update of forza horizon 4, I have followed the xbox assist advice and have reset my console but kept my games and apps. Now I...
  9. XBox One S: First game updates failed, now all system update attempts fail, even OSU* downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S: First game updates failed, now all system update attempts fail, even OSU* downloads: My family bought an XBox One S for Christmas - our first XBox - and until a couple of weeks everything was working fine. About 2 weeks ago my son tried to install a 10Gb Just Cause 4 update,...
  10. Game and system update fails

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game and system update fails: System updates keep having errors and stopping every minute or so on my, my fiances and my daughters consoles, also on my bro in law who doesnt live with us and according to google search hundreds...