Game Update / Slow Download Speeds

Discus and support Game Update / Slow Download Speeds in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why is it that when I go to update a game patch, i am getting 300kpbs download speed? I am on ATT fiber getting 800mpbs download speeds and 300mpbs... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joe Robert, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Joe Robert
    Joe Robert Guest

Why is it that when I go to update a game patch, i am getting 300kpbs download speed?

I am on ATT fiber getting 800mpbs download speeds and 300mpbs upload speeds. I am wired through LAN on the console and the network speed test on the xbox is showing the same speeds however when i go to update a game, i am getting horrible download speeds.
    I do not like waiting 24hrs to install a new patch and expect better service.

Does xbox GUI allow the users to change the server? I suspect that I am connected to someone in eastern hemisphere.

:)

Joe Robert, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Malacath Win User

BF4 taking over 7 hours to get to 12% installation

It does matter how fast your internet connection is.

Title updates for the xbox one are massive compared to what they are for the xbox 360.

Part of the installation time is the time it takes to download the updates. If you have a slow connection or if you are on a congested wifi channel your installation will take ages.

It is now quite common for game updates to be hundreds of megabytes in size. On a slow connection this will cause downloads to take hours. Average update for 360 is less than 6MB. On xbox one they often over 600MB. I think BF4 was over 900MB when I last
    updated it.

That's why I asked for your download speed. If your download speed is slow then that will be the reason. If your download speed is fast then there will be some other problem.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

The speed of downloading games is very low/Скорость скачивания игр очень низкая

If your broadband/internet speeds are slow then that's down to you to sort out if you can.It's not Microsofts problem.

The way gaming is now with updates,patches etc. you are going to have issues if you have slow internet speeds.

You can set your console to download updates etc. if it's in "instant on" mode in the power settings & it will download updates when they are released,even if the console is off.
  4. Fatalshock8912 Win User

Has anyone digitally downloaded a game yet? Time?

The thing apparently going on there Fractal, is the game is simultaneously downloading the updates for Ryse. It's causing it to over-lap and slow down. Once the updating finishes, your speed will increase.
  5. spurlingd Win User

Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps

Aaalot of people are trying to download the update at the same time. The speed would be slow if you wait a day or 2 it will be your normal speed
  6. Outpost-[xboxvenue] Win User

slow updates

Thema:

1. Game Update / Slow Download Speeds - Similar Threads - Game Update Slow

2. : Game update slow

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Game update slow: : Game update slow My internet connection is normal at 100mbps but my game wont update faster than 1mbps and I have hard reset xbox already and that didnt work 69985461-6371-43cf-823a-b10357107803
  3. Slow Game Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow Game Update: I have tried all the previous troubleshoots: - I have a wired connection - I’ve reset my router and Xbox - I tested my network speed with my xbox and it said 80mbps, no package loss. Game is...
  4. extremely slow download speed on update of particular game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    extremely slow download speed on update of particular game: For the last year I've had fibre broadband averaging 30mb/s and I've had no problems with downloading on my Xbox One. I resumed a Fortnite update at 32% today that I started the other day, and now...
  5. Very slow download speed since last Beta update, game and app aren't updating alone in...

in XboX Insiders
    Very slow download speed since last Beta update, game and app aren't updating alone in...: Title submitted by /u/Slyder768 [link] [comments]
  6. Why are Fortnite game updates so slow lately?

in XboX Insiders
    Why are Fortnite game updates so slow lately?: [IMG] It seems to be happening around the time Fortnite releases a new update. I guess lots of people are downloading it at the same time. But speeds in the kbps. :(...
  7. Xbox x game updating, the games are updating extremely slow even though a speed test on the...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox x game updating, the games are updating extremely slow even though a speed test on the...: My games are updating at 1mb/s with a ethernet plugged in which is extremely frustrating and unusual because i ran a detailed speed test on the console and it says its at roughly 500mb/s but the...
  8. Xbox Slow Game Updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Slow Game Updates: I'm having trouble with updating games on my Xbox One X, for example i am updating Fortnite and it is going at a average speed of 200 kbps, i test my internet connectivity and speed on Xbox and it...
  9. My xbox is loading really slow. Games load really slow and updating games really slow.

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox is loading really slow. Games load really slow and updating games really slow.: My xbox is updating games really slow and taking forever to load, got any ideas that could help? submitted by /u/N1ck__nam3 [link] [comments]
  10. Slow/Can't Download Updates/Games from Xbox Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow/Can't Download Updates/Games from Xbox Store: First a little info... Location: Southern central Georgia, US Internet setup: Satellite (15Mbps DL, 4Mbps UL) Current attitude: Frustrated and sad Now, my issue... Bought a game last week,...