Game updates result in game installing on two drives

Discus and support Game updates result in game installing on two drives in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Series X with three drives, the ssd drive it comes with, the additional ssd drive, and an external usb drive. I have games on all the. When... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TimothyMasters1, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Game updates result in game installing on two drives

I have a Series X with three drives, the ssd drive it comes with, the additional ssd drive, and an external usb drive. I have games on all the. When some games that i have in the usb drive update, the don't update the installation on the usb they instead install a new instance of the game on one of the internal ssd drives. Is this an issue being addressed?

:)

TimothyMasters1, Nov 23, 2021
  2. KooM 1 Win User

Unable to install Forza Motorsport 6 - 0x87e00064

@kingofjohn: Yes, i have try to clear the cache of the Xbox One. With the same result. The installation stopped at 4%

I change the game once again at the local store.

But the installation stopped at 4%.

The drive make a strange noise before it stopps.

Drive noise sound sample: http://bit.ly/1OPVw7R

Is the drive broken? But why i can install the other two games?
  3. Tronder 007 Win User

Should External Hard Drives be switched off?

As I understand it system updates will as Hydro skillet says be unstalled on the internal Hd but game updates will be installed to the Hd where the game is installed... I have left the external drives on my two Xbox One consoles on and haven't had any negative
    experiences with that..
  4. Oderus Scumdog Win User

Installation Stopped

I have the same issue with a fantomdrive 2tb sshd i bought last summer. The drive worked fine up until the latest xbox update. I could still play games that were already on the drive, but could not install updates or new games to the drive. I would get
    a message saying the drive is ready, then installation started and then installation stopped. This would happen over and over until i stopped the installation. I have been seeing other people with the exact same issue in these message boards. I have found
    out that apps can still be installed to the external drive, but no games. From what i have seen this seems to be an issue resulting from the latest xbox update and not faulty hardware.
  5. RemoTheTurk Win User

Momentary freezing?

Even while the game is fully installed to the hard drive? (are you talking of the Game disc Lag or the Hard Disc Drive Lag?)

I thought it was due to the games so I installed it to the HDD and still the same result. lol
  6. NonSportsGirl Win User

I got the Xbox One! Impressions inside the thread.

Disc games are slow to install too because blu-ray reads slow.
    A 4x blu-ray drive transfers data at a faster rate than a 12x dvd drive. So it is doubtful slow install times are at the drive end.

From what I've read when you install a game the One tries to get any game updates at the same time, meaning you've got two things trying to access the hard drive.

Disk installs apparently go a lot faster if you disconnect from the internet.
Thema:

Game updates result in game installing on two drives

1. Game updates result in game installing on two drives - Similar Threads - Game updates result

2. Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends

in XboX Insiders
    Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends: I need help finding out why updates are so much larger for me than other people. Some games I have to stop playing completely because of the update sizes. I have a first gen console and I play...
  3. Why can’t we just opt out of all these game updates! Or save to update at MY convenience?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t we just opt out of all these game updates! Or save to update at MY convenience?: What is a little sad is that I have already read like 3 different threads addressing this VERY problem and for some reason when the “people in the know” try to answer the question, they DON’T. The...
  4. Can't play, update or uninstall a game ERROR CODE: 0x80070032

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play, update or uninstall a game ERROR CODE: 0x80070032: I am unable to play, update or even uninstall Forza Horizon 5 on the xbox PC app. ERROR CODE: 0x80070032 I have dealt with a very similar issue with Halo Infinite about a week ago and was forced...
  5. Why does the Xbox app redownload the whole game when doing an update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app redownload the whole game when doing an update?: Exactly as the title says. Any game that requires an update needs the whole game redownloading. It's done it with FH5, Age of Empires, TheHunter, Minecraft even. It's such a rubbish system and is...
  6. cannot play, update, or even uninstall a gamepass game.

in XBoX on Windows
    cannot play, update, or even uninstall a gamepass game.: I downloaded the Halo Infinite beta on my pc on the 15th when it came out and was able to play it just fine. about a week later an update was release for it so i went to install it. the update got...
  7. Xbox Game Pass for PC Update Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass for PC Update Problem: Can anyone please explain to me why game updates on game pass for pc are so big? Forza Horizon 5: Game size: 110GB Latest update: 102GB Dead by daylight: Game size: 39.07GB Latest update:...
  8. Xbox Series X - Are offline game updates possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X - Are offline game updates possible?: Hello, Here is my scenario: I have just purchased an Xbox series X and have decided to keep it till Christmas before surprising my wife with it. I thought I would pre install some of her...
  9. Stopping a game update via windows update has uninstalled the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stopping a game update via windows update has uninstalled the game: As it says in the title. Turned on my gaming laptop today and windows update had a 15GB update for Forza Horizon 5. I'm in a hotel with limited bandwidth and the useless windows store doesn't...
  10. Game needs update, but doesn't work at all, can't play the game as a result

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game needs update, but doesn't work at all, can't play the game as a result: Holy crap man, something is very very wrong with Microsoft at the moment. Not only can you not buy any games digitally right now on the store, i also can't download game updates. In this case it's...