Game updates to internal storage failing due to 'lack of storage' despite 100x that being...

Discus and support Game updates to internal storage failing due to 'lack of storage' despite 100x that being... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Games will fail to update and say they require more room - but it's always a very small amount of room...4 MB, 29 MB, 8 MB and the internal drive has... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AntiMacro, Oct 27, 2021.

1. /u/AntiMacro
    /u/AntiMacro Guest

Game updates to internal storage failing due to 'lack of storage' despite 100x that being...

Games will fail to update and say they require more room - but it's always a very small amount of room...4 MB, 29 MB, 8 MB and the internal drive has 109 GB free. I tried deleting saved games from the drive. Cleared unnecessary files from past game installs. Deleted entire games.

It still fails with the same space requirement listed. The only thing that works is deleting the entire install and reinstalling the game again.

Reported it, but is anyone else having this issue?

submitted by /u/AntiMacro
    [link] [comments]

/u/AntiMacro, Oct 27, 2021
  2. Sebastop228 Win User

Xbox 360 corrupted internal memory unit

Hi Diego,

There is no error message (except when I try to download an update that I suspect is a consequence of this issue). Basically, when I go to the Storage menu, and go down to the Internal Storage, it says there are only 450 MB free of the 3 GB capacity (which
    is normal - it was like that previously). However, when I click on Internal Storage, all the section say that 0.0 KB are being used, as if there was absolutely nothing in this storage space.

The internal storage is where my profile (console-only) and all my game files are stored. Hence, I cannot access them as I believe the files in the internal storage have been corrupted. I believe the update and subsequent error message when I try to do the
    update come from all the previous updates having been corrupted from the internal storage.

I was wondering if this is a problem that has been encountered before and if there is any known solution to recover my game files.

Thank you,

Sebastien
  3. CorruptDNA Win User

Xbox One Extender Drivers for Windows 7 Home PC Network

No they don't. Despite being marketed as a multimedia hub, the One lacks even the basic functionality to makes this a true statement. No true streaming from the console and no USB storage support. I'm really bummed I bought this thing.
  4. VELSA6281 Win User

417F-42FE-1380-267F-C000-0185

This happened to me about 1 month ago. I would like to know what's the cause of this error. My internal storage was unformatted before I couldn't download, so I think it was the unformatted internal storage that causes the problem. I recommend watching,
    How to Fix "System Update Failed" - Any Status Code (Xbox 360) by MrMario2011. It didn't work for me because I think it was my unformatted internal storage. Check the video out on Youtube.
  5. SP Rhino Win User

Using external drive in gamepass

Can you explain if you are on pc or xbox ? if Xbox which folder you are referring to, are you saying that downloads from xbox are going directly to your internal storage ? despite an external drive being chosen ?
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hard drive and update issue

As Irixion says getting another storage device isn't going to help sorry. The update always installs to the primary storage device be that internal memory unit or hard drive and as that has failed and cannot be replaced by yourself I'm afraid you can't update
    the xbox until you get the hardware fault fixed.
Thema:

1. Game updates to internal storage failing due to 'lack of storage' despite 100x that being... - Similar Threads - Game updates internal

2. Can't reinstall or update game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't reinstall or update game.: I recently tried moving my Forza Horizon 5 install from a larger HDD to a faster SSD. The move option in the apps settings of windows did not work so I uninstalled to attempt to reinstall on the...
  3. xbox app is no longer updating recently played games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app is no longer updating recently played games: I have a list of games that still show up,but as far as newer games on steam and games I have been playing xbox app is not updating. I want it to display what game I have been playing these last...
  4. Updating a installed instance of Forza Horizon 5 forces a full game download instead.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updating a installed instance of Forza Horizon 5 forces a full game download instead.: I have played the game a lot, but with every update since launch (twice now i think) it forces a full game download. The install has not been moved/deleted/edited in anyway. In fact i played...
  5. Xbox app reinstalls entire game EVERY UPDATE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app reinstalls entire game EVERY UPDATE: [img] This has already happened to me once before. and i could not resolve the issue and i had to uninstall and reinstall the game in the end. Please if there is something i can do to prevent...
  6. X Box One S console frozen during game update

in XBoX on Windows
    X Box One S console frozen during game update: The console is frozen during a game update on my brother's X Box One S. turning the console off and back on did not help. Only the frozen update screen comes on and no other games can be played....
  7. Regarding game updates to a game stored in two locations (internal and external drive)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Regarding game updates to a game stored in two locations (internal and external drive): I did my due diligence trying to find this answer on the forums and Google and get nothing close to an answer. That’s because the question has all these key words that throw off the search. In...
  8. Xbox Series X Enhanced Games Update to Internal SSD Instead of Install Location

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Enhanced Games Update to Internal SSD Instead of Install Location: When receiving an update for an S|X Enhanced game, the system redownloads the entire game with the update to the internal drive instead of the location the game is installed. The game is installed...
  9. Latest X1 System Update, cannot see which games installed on Internal / External HD ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest X1 System Update, cannot see which games installed on Internal / External HD ...: When browsing games installed on the Xbox 1 console you used to be able to see which were installed on the internal HD and which were installed on an external HD (being able to transfer between...
  10. Question about downloading updates to an external hard drive for a game on your INTERNAL hard ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about downloading updates to an external hard drive for a game on your INTERNAL hard ...: Okay, this is kind of hard to explain. I bought a 5TV external hard drive a few months ago. Hooked it up and it worked fine. My internal hard drive is 99.8% full. When a game that the main game is...