Game will not launch

Discus and support Game will not launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try and launch the game it constantly tells me to check my connection or to sign in even though I'm signed in and the connection is fine. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sortella, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Sortella
    Sortella Guest

Game will not launch

When I try and launch the game it constantly tells me to check my connection or to sign in even though I'm signed in and the connection is fine. I have to relaunch several times messing around with it to finally get into the game. It's very annoying and
    looking for a way to fix it.

:)

Sortella, Dec 27, 2014
  2. Game not launch.

Hello,

My drive is broken,game data remain on the console.

Can you install the game, or help me with this?

I`m talking about GTA V.

I can make any data if you agree to help me

TsunamicCar51, Dec 27, 2014
  3. game will not launch

Do you still have an Xbox live gold subscription?

To continue to have the license to play the Xbox One games It is required to keep a gold subscription active on the account. And NO sharing a gold subscription with another profile does not work.

The 360 games are not affected by the gold subscription requirement.

Once you renew the gold subscription you will gain access back to the licenses for the Xbox One Games with Gold.

steeledwand7664, Dec 27, 2014
  4. Novatic Apollo Win User

Game Not Launching

No Because I Have Another Account On That Xbox That I Would Like To Play Skyrim On But It Wont Launch
  5. Nacort Win User

Game launching

Thanks Jaymo,

I'm just hitting B to cancel out of things. I'm the type that hit's esc three times on the keyboard to cancel when I only need to do it once. So this habit carry's over to the controllers to. I'm used to B being cancel and if I am in my friends list (or
    where ever in the menu's) I tend to hit B B B to cancel out and get back to the home screen when I guess only one B would work. And when I do this it launches the game.

But I found that if I changed power settings to power saving mode and shut the console down it will not load the game when I hit B (until after I play a game of course)

I guess I just need to start thinking of B as Back and not cancel/exit like on other console systems.

Thanks again!
  6. xI Xbox One Ix Win User

Game launching

Yes, you can stop a game or app from running. Hover over the game or app tile on the Xbox Home Screen and press Menu (the button with the 3 lines) and press 'Close Game/App' at the bottom (the cross).
  7. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

Game not launching

Hey there, have you tried to Power Cycle your console? To do this hold down the Xbox power button for 10 seconds, hopefully, this works.
  8. WPAK Win User

Game not launching

Hi there,

any digital purchase you can uninstall and install again on any Xbox One console, your save game etc should be safe too as long as you are usually connected to Xbox Live (Save games are synchronized on there)

As long as you are using the same Xbox Live Account that originally purchased the content and the content is still available on Xbox Live you can redownload it.

After installation on start it will download your save game etc again.

So in short, you should be able to uninstall the game and redownload it without losing anything.

1. Uninstall the game

2. Power cycle the console

3. Download the game again (also download the DLC)

4. Start the game and your save game will be synchronized when starting the game.

After that all should be available again.
Thema:

Game will not launch

1. Game will not launch - Similar Threads - Game launch

2. Launching games one xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launching games one xbox one s: What do I do when I go to launch a game and it tells me "Sorry, that didn't work for so reason. (0x80070002)" It won't launch my games and I've already tried hard resetting, factory resetting, and...
  3. Surge 2 on PC Game Pass wont Launch. App appears on task bar but just shuts down

in XBoX on Windows
    Surge 2 on PC Game Pass wont Launch. App appears on task bar but just shuts down: I have downloaded Surge 2 (multipe times now) and am having the same issue. I launch the game and the icon appears on the task bar however after a few seconds it just closes down. No error message...
  4. I can't launch free with gold games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't launch free with gold games: About a month ago i had some problems with the game pass auto renewing and it wasn't allowing me to put in a xbox live gold code but this problem was fixed the same day now it look like that game...
  5. Trouble launching game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble launching game: Good evening I am currently Facing a problem when launching any game. The console works perfectly fine when starting, but when selecting any game it will freeze and then to a black screen with a...
  6. Unable to launch any game even after reboot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch any game even after reboot: Was playing Shadow of Tomb Raider a few hours ago and now the game refuses to launch. Rebooted the Xbox One X and tried it again without any luck. All other games installed also do not launch....
  7. XBOX GAME PASS (PC) GAMES NOT LAUNCHING

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX GAME PASS (PC) GAMES NOT LAUNCHING: Hi, I have been having some issues with the xbox game pass on pc. My games arent opening anymore and I have no idea how to fix it. Please help. 28d91fd8-495b-49b9-a626-b3eb40c981e7
  8. My game pass games aren't launching

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game pass games aren't launching: I have Xbox ultimate pass for the past few months and now the games aren't launching on my Xbox. It allows me to download the game but when I try to launch it, it sends me to the store to buy it....
  9. cannot launch the disc game "Fallout 4" on Xbox One

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot launch the disc game "Fallout 4" on Xbox One: I have (OWN) a disc for an Xbox One game "Fallout 4" and I was able to play it for some time. However, now, when I try to launch and play it, I see an error message with an error code: "To play...
  10. Game Pass PC Crashing on Game Launch

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass PC Crashing on Game Launch: I've had Game Pass on my PC for several months now and everything has worked fine. Today, for no apparent reason, it will not download or install games (gives error code 0x80073cfc) and crashes...