Game will not update. 'There was a problem with the update'

Discus and support Game will not update. 'There was a problem with the update' in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently encountered an error with the Titanfall game, when I insert the disc it tells me the game needs to be updated, although every time I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bluizm, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Bluizm
    Bluizm Guest

I have recently encountered an error with the Titanfall game, when I insert the disc it tells me the game needs to be updated, although every time I try updating it takes me to a screen which says 'There was a problem with the update'. I have tested my connection,
    which is fine. I have also power cycled my console and even tried restarting my router, not of which worked.

Has anyone else encountered this error and if so, how do I fix it?

Thanks.

:)

Bluizm, Aug 11, 2014
  2. Phosho79
    Phosho79 Guest
    There was a problem with the update

I still cannot update, the update stops at 10% and quits.

Phosho79, Aug 11, 2014
  3. Flesh Fungi
    Flesh Fungi Guest
    There was a problem with the update

If you buy something new from any store and it fails to work as advertised, you are going to be ticked off. I don't care what it is. I have two X1s sitting under the Xmas tree now. And I should have no reason to think they would not instantly function as
    advertised, come Christmas morning.

Flesh Fungi, Aug 11, 2014
  4. Game will not update. 'There was a problem with the update'

Try to delete the game and clear your system cache. Disconnect your Xbox One console from the Internet and power the console off manually. Attempt to install the game once you boot the console back up, but make sure you're not connected to your Internet
    provider.

Linking back up to the Internet once the install is complete usually works just fine, allowing you to update your games accordingly thereafter.

DangerousBard, Aug 11, 2014
  5. Densetsu Arashi Win User

Games Update Problem

I tryed it.

I installed the game with internet and without internet, same issue.

With internet i have to choise for update late or at same time, with late choise the game installed well by the disc, but when i try to update i got "installation interrupted" and the other option to install wille update i got "installation iterrupted" right
    on 0%, i do the hard reset and same.

Thanks for your help.
  6. Da assas1n k1ng Win User

Game update problems

go to speedtest.net and go to begin test and come back with the results
  7. MiddlingKarma4 Win User

Problems with game updates.

Well. I've had a problem where the update will just stop completely without an error code. If you're using a wired connection, I don't know what to say. If it's possible, try to connect your Xbox to your modem with an Ethernet cable. ( I think?)

Wired connections work best for me, even if my wireless router is 10 feet away.
  8. xOx DECOY xOx Win User

Problems with game update

Can you tall me what its doing when you first turn the console on with the cd or usb already plugged in?
  9. numnut9 Win User

Game update problem

I'm having the same issues, and if you found a way around it please tell me!
Thema:

1. Game will not update. 'There was a problem with the update' - Similar Threads - Game update 'There

2. Hey guys! Any reason my friend wouldn't have gotten the new game tab update that was put...

in XboX Insiders
    Hey guys! Any reason my friend wouldn't have gotten the new game tab update that was put...: [IMG] submitted by /u/caffinaV2 [link] [comments]
  3. Updates disappearing from games and apps?

in XboX Insiders
    Updates disappearing from games and apps?: I started the update for Minecraft and paused it and now it is gone. How do I locate this update? submitted by /u/beefyboy66 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox one S won't work after game update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S won't work after game update.: I was downloading the Fallout 76 update when I noticed it was taking an extremely long time. I let the download finish and tried to play Fallout 76 which ran so slow it was impossible to play....
  5. Unable to update or install games without getting installation stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to update or install games without getting installation stopped: I have been trying to update COD but after a few seconds I always get installation stopped, it was happening so often i even after rebooting I thought there must be a problem so have done a full...
  6. Xbox one keeps making me download the full fortnite game instead of just the update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one keeps making me download the full fortnite game instead of just the update.: My Xbox one keeps making me download the full fortnite game instead of just the update. This isn't the first time this has happened to me Previous update for fortnite was 3.4 gigs... But my...
  7. DLC No longer "Installed" After Store Update for games you own "twice".

in XboX Insiders
    DLC No longer "Installed" After Store Update for games you own "twice".: [IMG] I tried starting Warhammer Inquisitor, and the game told me I needed the DLC to play my character. Checking Manage game & add-ons it wasn't installed. Reinstalling had no effect....
  8. Game sharing updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing updates: So recently I deleted a game in which I invested several hours updating. Obviously I'd rather not go through that again, and am looking for alternatives. I am game sharing with somebody who owns...
  9. Trouble Downloading/Updating Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble Downloading/Updating Games: Hey gamers, I’ve been facing several issues trying to update and download games. I’ve been trying to update Modern Warfare for sesason 5 and its gone horribly. I started the update at 11 pm last...
  10. Xbox One not downloading game updates while in Instant-On power option?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One not downloading game updates while in Instant-On power option?: Sup everyone, I've been using the Instant-On power option for quite some time already in order to auto-download my game updates and it was working wonderfully. Nonetheless, it has stopped working...