Game won't install

Discus and support Game won't install in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I try to install prey from either the Microsoft store or from the Xbox (beta) app it instantly completes but then reverts to saying install again.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by OutboardBull124, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Game won't install

When I try to install prey from either the Microsoft store or from the Xbox (beta) app it instantly completes but then reverts to saying install again. I don't know if this problem had arisen from when I downloaded it sometime back and it wouldn't launch
    which led me to resetting the app or if the is just some unknown issue. When I had reset the app it worked but I ended up uninstalling it and now I'm stuck with this new issue and I have searched everywhere for a solution but it seems as if no one else is
    or has had this problem.

:)

OutboardBull124, Nov 9, 2019
  2. RockHydra2663 Win User

Game Won't Install

My game destiny is not installing I tried to restart the console but it still won't install I paid 30 dollars as part of a gold deal, so if I could get a response before the month ends that would be GREAT
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Game won't install?

Hi
    VickiRichardson

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for
    further assistance. For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this
    thread showing that the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  4. VickiRichardson Win User

Game won't install?

Finally got it installing, had to put disc in other way around?
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Game won't install

Hey there Aidan!

Sorry for the confusion.

If you had bought it on the Microsoft store through the Xbox, the I would see if the game comes up after following the steps outlined in

Find your games and add-ons on Xbox One
    . If that does not help, there's also this little trick that I like to do that resolves a bunch of general problems that you may have concerning your console. When you get a chance to goSettings>Disc
    & Blu-ray>Blu-ray>Persistent storage and clear it 3 times. After doing that, go to
    Settings>Network>Network Settings> Advanced Settings> Alternate MAC address
    and clear that alternate MAC. The console will say it needs to restart to apply the change, so let it do that and then try to find the game in the store or in the Ready to install section of my games
    and apps.

Hope this information was helpful!

Let us know how that turns out!

Thanks!
  6. Toad 004 Win User

Game Won't Install

So the 360 recognizes it just fine, but games won't install? Have you tried formatting it on the 360 itself? Also, do game saves work from the drive? Will music or video content play on the 360 from the drive?
Thema:

Game won't install

1. Game won't install - Similar Threads - Game won't install

2. Xbox Game Pass PC - Won't let me play installed games and restarts when I attempt.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC - Won't let me play installed games and restarts when I attempt.: Hello all, I've been running into this issue for the past two days. I have an active account for the Xbox game pass on my pc and I can download games, but when I attempt to play them it shuts...
  3. Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 won't install or play games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 won't install or play games: Hi All, I have just bought a new PC but am still using the same hard drive as before, I am having the issue where games won't launch if already installed, will get stuck on preparing if I try to...
  4. Game won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't install: Hi i bought a game off Amazon and it was resident evil 7. The game wont install. I have no internet. I had the same trouble before and no help. Please help. f10efa55-7d90-4737-993b-6c2a663e082c
  5. XBOX1 won't use my 2TB 3.0 480mbps Flash Drive as game installation location

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX1 won't use my 2TB 3.0 480mbps Flash Drive as game installation location: I have tried literally everything from CMD, diskpart, chkdsk, diskpart clean, completely wipe and delete the partition and reformat NTFS. Tried disk manager, made sure it's MBR type and my Xbox...
  6. Help, Xbox Beta PC game won't install (Video Included in Link)

in XBoX on Windows
    Help, Xbox Beta PC game won't install (Video Included in Link): Video Here https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoft/comments/gqoxcf/uninstalled_the_game_as_it_didnt_let_me_play_on/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x Hello, I've been stuck with this issue for a...
  7. Games won't install with Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won't install with Xbox Game Pass for PC: Hi, I have a major issue with my Game Pass on PC, since for almost two weeks, games won't install with the application. It goes on a waiting list but never goes further, even stops itself from...
  8. Game won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't install: Hi i bought the new civilization 6 and i cannot get it too install i even bought a can of air blue it out and still the dics won't install and all of my other game work just not that one so is...
  9. I've just bought a game on Windows Store but it won't let me install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've just bought a game on Windows Store but it won't let me install: Just comes up with this message: "Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your...
  10. Xbox Beta (PC) app won't install specifically "A Plague Tale" game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Beta (PC) app won't install specifically "A Plague Tale" game.: The game: A Plague Tale: Innocence - Windows 10 Problem: Clicking the install button causes it to change to "preparing" then brings me back to the green install button again. Game won't...