Game won't let me install two different drive

Discus and support Game won't let me install two different drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an external USB hard drive that I have hooked into my computer and no matter how hard I try Xbox won't accept it I went to general and changed... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheoSnyder, Aug 4, 2022.

1. TheoSnyder
    TheoSnyder Guest

I have an external USB hard drive that I have hooked into my computer and no matter how hard I try Xbox won't accept it I went to general and changed it but it still doesn't show up at all when I go to install
    Game won't let me install two different drive [​IMG]

Game won't let me install two different drive [​IMG]

:)

TheoSnyder, Aug 4, 2022
  2. TheoSnyder Win User

And I'm not changing the format of my drive
  3. CrazyJester Win User

Ark Survival Evolved will not install

I added a different hard drive a few months back. but it was installed on my c drive, working fine. I was running out of space on my C drive so I uninstalled the game so I could install it on a different drive, as I did not have the option to just move it. Everything worked fine until I uninstalled the game. I tried installing the explorer edition and I was able to install up to 90% then it stopped with an 0x803fb107 error it says I need to install the game in order to install the add-ons. (duh) but it still won't allow me to install the game.
  4. LowPolyGav Win User

Can't change installation location from C: to D: drive at all

Nope, that didn't solve the issue. Still only giving me the option for my C: drive. I should note that the app does show my D: drive in the settings but won't save it as a default installation spot but whenever I go to download a game it won't let me change it
  5. Nick_A_539 Win User

Cannot install games on D drive says it is not formated to NTFS.

I haven't tried preloading Outer Worlds yet, but all other games won't install to my secondary hard drive, giving this same error. Also tried setting the default as described.

EDIT: Oddly some games will default to my secondary drive and allow me to use it, while others wont? For example, Abzu lets me install anywhere. But Void Bastards would not let me select my other drive. Bizarre.
  6. EL1T3 xSNIP3Zz Win User

Xbox 1s only downloads apps

still don't work I've deleted everything from the console and hard drive / now I have no games to play and still won't let me install games but I can still install apps (Mod Removed)
Thema:

1. Game won't let me install two different drive - Similar Threads - Game won't let

2. PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15...

in XBoX Accessibility
    PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15...: I'm not able to install game pass PC games. It tells me that the age restrictions prevent it. When I log in to some Family Security or something, it doesn't even let me click my name to change my...
  3. Xbox won't let me play games because "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won't let me play games because "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" or...: Neither of these are true. I have tried soft resetting my Xbox, I have tried hard resetting my Xbox, normally resetting my Xbox, setting my Xbox as my home Xbox, I have changed the language of my...
  4. Xbox Game Bar won't let me record or take screenshots, the icons are grayed-out in the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar won't let me record or take screenshots, the icons are grayed-out in the...: Title. I just need to upload a video of a minor bug in Gang Beasts to my email so I can send it to the developers. However, grayed-out icons mean I cannot record my screen. Even though I'm sure...
  5. XBOX app for Windows 10 won't let me sign in nor download games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX app for Windows 10 won't let me sign in nor download games.: Hello, everyone. I'm writing this post because I've reached an insane stress level trying to make the XBOX APP work. As the title said, I can't sign in or download any game. If I click on the...
  6. file system error (-1069586941) Won't let any game start on Windows 10. How to Fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    file system error (-1069586941) Won't let any game start on Windows 10. How to Fix?: I have this error that I can't seem to fix. I keep getting this specific error. file system error (-1069586941). Now I did find people that had a solution to turn on offline permissions, but mine...
  7. PC Game Pass won't let me install to external SSD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Game Pass won't let me install to external SSD: So I have an external SSD (D:), internal SSD (C:), and an external HDD (E:). My HDD is pretty slow so I don't prefer it for running games and my internal SSD is low on storage, so I prefer to...
  8. Windows Xbox App won't let me sign in and I can't download any game to my PC with the app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Xbox App won't let me sign in and I can't download any game to my PC with the app...: After I downloaded Halo Infinite I had no issue with the app but i didn't try to download anything else. The Gunk came out and I thought I'll download it to see how the game was but I got a error...
  9. I'm trying to install a game onto my external hard drive (PC) and it won't let me choose...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to install a game onto my external hard drive (PC) and it won't let me choose...: When using the xbox app and trying to install a game, it gives me the option to choose between multiple drives, but only my computers drive comes up after I click "change"....
  10. Xbox One series X won't let me stream games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One series X won't let me stream games: I live in the United States have gamepass ultimate and am using the Xbox One Series X I had been able to stream games previously but as of the past two days or so it only let's me install im sorry...