Game wont open

Discus and support Game wont open in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Any time i attempt to open halo 5 the game fails and doesn't provide an error, ive contacted microsoft support and gone through troubleshooting... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Treu Knight, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Treu Knight
    Treu Knight Guest

Game wont open

Any time i attempt to open halo 5 the game fails and doesn't provide an error, ive contacted microsoft support and gone through troubleshooting including deleting my profile, resetting my xbox, and uninstalling the game.

:)

Treu Knight, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Skype/Games/Other Apps Refuse to open or crash shortly after

i have the same problem.youtube wont open,twitch is broken,my activity feed wont load,games with gold wont open...

Aventus Maximus, Aug 12, 2018
  3. My games wont open

I would recommend power cycling your console as mentioned above alongside clearing your local saved games.

GreyStormGaming, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Game wont open

Alls i can think for some possible extra info is go to this link Games : Top Issues and see if you can find anymroe problems with the actual game or find someone to help that might know more.

BIGDADDY B0MBER, Aug 12, 2018
  5. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Sorry to hear it. It already sounds like you tried all the steps possible. Is this a disc or digital download and which title is it? Also, when you deleted the title did you power cycle the console prior to redownloading it? If not then give that a try
    to see if it works. To power cycle the console you'll need to hold the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down.

onyxishere, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Aventus Maximus Win User

Skype/Games/Other Apps Refuse to open or crash shortly after

i have the same problem.youtube wont open,twitch is broken,my activity feed wont load,games with gold wont open...
  7. onyxishere Win User

Game wont open

Sorry to hear it. It already sounds like you tried all the steps possible. Is this a disc or digital download and which title is it? Also, when you deleted the title did you power cycle the console prior to redownloading it? If not then give that a try
    to see if it works. To power cycle the console you'll need to hold the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down.
  8. BIGDADDY B0MBER Win User

Game wont open

Alls i can think for some possible extra info is go to this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/games and see if you can find anymroe problems with the actual game or find someone to help that might know more.
  9. GreyStormGaming Win User

My games wont open

I would recommend power cycling your console as mentioned above alongside clearing your local saved games.
  10. Stuntastik40 Win User

GAMES AND APPS WONT OPEN!!!

So far no progress on this problem. I tried everyone's suggestions and everything the rep told me over the phone. The only thing I don't want to do is restore factory settings deleting everything. I already did that once and had to set everything up and
    download all over again. A rep made me do that cause I couldn't log in even though I was typing in the correct information. Not sure if it was nessasary but restore is a worse case sinario and I'm not looking to do it everytime there's a hickup in the OS,
    I shouldn't have to.

Anyway even though I'm still having this problem with games crashing, I figured out a solution that keeps me from soft resetting. After I click on the game and it shows the title slash screen I just rapidly press X till the game finally launches. It will
    still crash a few times before it works but its a faster process from turning off the console.

These issues start making compare and realize how so far I haven't had any problems with my PS4. So when it comes to digital games, until Xbox fixes this I'm only downloading on PS4.
Thema:

Game wont open

1. Game wont open - Similar Threads - Game wont open

2. My game wont start or even open

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game wont start or even open: This problem is only happening with just one of my games. I try to start it or play it, but it just takes me back to the home screen without any error message. It's the digital copy of the game,...
  3. My game wont open on my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game wont open on my xbox one?: After i downloaded 100G game called Red Dead Redemption 2 and tried to open it it didnt want to open? 2eed1776-3eca-4f3e-94d6-326b34ddac57
  4. My Froza Horizon 4 wont open the game, only a image

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Froza Horizon 4 wont open the game, only a image: It just opens a picture and i bought the standard edition but it won't let me install the drift formula dlc c271f30f-935b-4135-883b-257f4c677027
  5. The Game bar wont open when I press win+g

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Game bar wont open when I press win+g: The game bar used to work really well and now even if in the settings it says it's on and everything. It still wont open, so I tried setting my own keys, but that also didn't work. Right now I...
  6. My games wont open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games wont open: Ok, so some of my games i have bought on xbox won't open, I resently bought GTA 5 on microsoft store on the console, but when it was done downloading, the game wouldn't open, I have tried many...
  7. (Ark Survival Evolved) My Game Wont Start its freezing in the open animation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Ark Survival Evolved) My Game Wont Start its freezing in the open animation: im having problems starting Ark Survival Evolved at the Loadinf screen it gets to the Wild Card in the sand animation but after that the game turns black and freezes iv been trying to start it for...
  8. i own this game but it wont open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i own this game but it wont open: i have this game but its just don't work, it is showing me 0x803f8001 error. but i have no problem with my xbox live, what am i supposed to do? 108a252e-9361-41aa-924d-f7b6437ea42e
  9. my miccrosoft solitary games, have a coming soon sign onthem wont let me open them up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my miccrosoft solitary games, have a coming soon sign onthem wont let me open them up: my Microsoft solitare games wont open up it has a coming soon sign at top b2e80ec3-5e99-4e84-b6ce-27f8b8b0e131
  10. "check on xbox live services" xbox wont open any games

in XBoX on Consoles
    "check on xbox live services" xbox wont open any games: Hi Guys, My xbox wont open any games that i try and open and everytime gives me the "check on xbox live services" error even though i can chat to friends on party chat and browse the store and...