Game won't start after update. error code 0x800701e7

Discus and support Game won't start after update. error code 0x800701e7 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After updating call of duty, I'm getting error code 0x800701e7. Resetting my console hasn't worked. 7ec3aeaf-5fa2-4d94-8b30-da161c449eb8 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JakeGroves1, Apr 9, 2020.

1. JakeGroves1
    JakeGroves1 Guest

After updating call of duty, I'm getting error code 0x800701e7. Resetting my console hasn't worked.

:)

JakeGroves1, Apr 9, 2020
  2. JakeGroves1 Win User

Reinstalling the game fixed the issue.
  3. JasonBays Win User

Yeah same issue except now I can't download updates. I even factory reset my Xbox and it's still not working. Did you ever find a fix?
  4. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

This is from the Xbox Support website where I searched for your error code and came across

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution

If you need to update your xbox offline try this

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution/offline-system-update
  5. Julian_ Win User

System update error 0x800701E7

6. REDHansen Win User

External hard drive will not load games

Still my games will not load and it is giving me a 0x800701e7 error code
Thema:

1. Game won't start after update. error code 0x800701e7 - Similar Threads - Game won't start

2. Forza Horizon 4 won't start without game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 won't start without game pass: I bought Forza horizon four through third party whilst I had Xbox game pass. Now that I cancelled my subscription for game pass I can no longer access the game despite the fact that I have bought...
  3. I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start

in XBoX on Windows
    I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start: I downloaded the base game through Xbox game pass a few days ago, and I loved it (I want to be clear; when playing the base game it worked PERFECTLY even at max graphics settings on my rig), so I...
  4. Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen: I own Xbox One. I am using this from last 4 years. Recently i could not use it for 6 months or so. It was sitting idle in power off state. Last week i switched it on and it said to update and i...
  5. Some Game Pass Games Won't Start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some Game Pass Games Won't Start: I've had the gamepass on my Xbox for a while now and never had an issue. But, a few days ago i tried playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps and it wouldn't go past the black screen that appears...
  6. XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start: At least once a day i encounter anyone of the following problems when i start the console up, a black screen (Hard Reset to fix), Can't log into my profile (Hard Reset to fix) or games just don't...
  7. 360 games won't start on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 games won't start on Xbox One: I'm trying to play Portal 2 on my Xbox One but it's coming up with an error when I click on the game icon to run/install it. The error says "Something went wrong. Give it another try. If this...
  8. HELP MY GAME WON'T START

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP MY GAME WON'T START: So I decided to update my console using a hotspot, it finished but then Red Dead Redemption 2 started to update and I ran out of hotspot (I DO NOT HAVE WIFI) well I canceled the update, game...
  9. Game won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't start: So just before about Operation Health I bought Rainbow Six Siege and absolutely loved it haven't stopped playing since and even went on to spend roughly about $50 possibly more on said game but...
  10. Games won't install start download - digital purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games won't install start download - digital purchase: Good Morning, I purchased a couple of games in the Black Friday sale late last week. Since then I have been unable to download these to my external hard drive. I press resume all (to begin the...