game wont update

Discus and support game wont update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My games on Xbox struggle to update. My friends update their games and their games take a maximum of 1 hour to update. But for me, it takes a lot... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kid vCaptain, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Kid vCaptain
    Kid vCaptain Guest

game wont update

My games on Xbox struggle to update. My friends update their games and their games take a maximum of 1 hour to update. But for me, it takes a lot longer to update, sometimes taking up to a day. I'm currently updating NBA2K20 right now and it has been 5 hours
    and its at 47%. I am honestly frustrated at this stuff constantly happening to me and I just want to know what I am doing wrong to make updates last this long.

:)

Kid vCaptain, Oct 13, 2019
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

game wont update

Hi Kid vCaptain

A few questions:

Do you use ADSL/Fibre/LTE/3G?

Is your console connected via WiFi/LAN Cable?

Do you and your friend have the same internet package?

Do you live in the same area as your friend?

If you are on cellular data, perhaps your friend has better signal/connectivity?
  3. Crizy123164 Win User

Games wont update?

I have the same issue right now, and I use Optus. But I don't think it is their fault. My internet speed is fine on other games.
    Ohh and I forgot to say yes you can still play games online - I tested it whilst on the phone with them. The issues is updating and installing that's when your bandwidth usage gets strangled to almost nothing.
  4. ItsNightmre Win User

Games wont update?

I have the same issue right now, and I use Optus. But I don't think it is their fault. My internet speed is fine on other games.
  5. LegoNinja187 Win User

game wont update

Have you compared your download speeds to your friends?

Also do you have anything else on the same network as your Xbox using internet at the same time as the update is taking place?

Are you doing anything else on your Xbox while the game updates?

All these things can contribute to game updates taking longer.
  6. Crizy123164 Win User

Games wont update?

Hey so I actually spent all of yesterday talking to Xbox chat/ phone calls by about 1pm the person asked if who my ISP was (I'm optus and having same updating/installing issues)

She then replied that actually there is a HUGE influx of people all Optus users who are having the EXACT SAME issue.

It IS a problem with Optus that's screwing everybody over - and they have put a ticket in with Optus to try and get them to fix their ****!
Thema:

game wont update

1. game wont update - Similar Threads - game wont update

2. Xbox (Beta) App and Windows Store wont update games and apps

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App and Windows Store wont update games and apps: As stated in the title, I am currently having issues with the Xbox and Windows Store App when downloading or updating new Apps/Games. I tried to sign out and log back into my account and also...
  3. XBOX game pass wont has not updated the new ark map.

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game pass wont has not updated the new ark map.: the new update for Ark was supposed to come out the 19th at 1 pm. Not only has it not updated ,now there are no servers at all . Im not sure how to fix it. 01df901b-51c3-4b0e-b01d-8fd6eea8b3d5
  4. Updated xbox one and now all my games saved to harddrive wont play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updated xbox one and now all my games saved to harddrive wont play: I was playing my games just fine and decided to connect online and an update was shown needed. I updated my xbox and games and now my games wont play and I get an error code of 0x97dd001e. whats...
  5. Xbox wont update or install games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont update or install games: Hi all. Both my xbox one x and my normal xbox one Wont update or install games. My internet is fine and everything else in the house works perfect. Diagnostic test sais im getting 80mbps But...
  6. Xbox one wont update games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wont update games: Ever since yesterday my Xbox has been unable to update any games. It will start then say installation stopped after 5 seconds or so. I have tried all the usual troubleshooting such as, power...
  7. My system dosent turn off, wont update games in "sleep mode"

in XBoX on Consoles
    My system dosent turn off, wont update games in "sleep mode": Well i know the xb1 stays running when you turn if off, but Why wont my xbos auto update games? Every time i get on i have to update a game, but i have auto update on...
  8. games wont work after update it !! help plz

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games wont work after update it !! help plz: hello i have xbox one when one of my games get update and download update the game wont start after that EX: fortnite weekly get update and when i update it it won start getting me back to...
  9. Games wont update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games wont update?: I'm unable to update my video games, iv tried everything, from; power cycling to factory reset, no agent knows how to solve this, does anyone else know how to fix this, it might have to do with...
  10. My system dosent turn off, wont update games in "sleep mode"

in XBoX on Consoles
    My system dosent turn off, wont update games in "sleep mode": Well i know the xb1 stays running when you turn if off, but Why wont my xbos auto update games? Every time i get on i have to update a game, but i have auto update on...