Gamebar and Xbox app both fails to show game invites, how can I fix this?

Discus and support Gamebar and Xbox app both fails to show game invites, how can I fix this? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Gamebar and Xbox app both fails to show game invites: Xbox Console Companion does not work for this purpose and asks me to use Xbox app, Xbox app... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bluelight82, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Bluelight82
    Bluelight82 Guest

Gamebar and Xbox app both fails to show game invites:

Xbox Console Companion does not work for this purpose and asks me to use Xbox app,

Xbox app and Gamebar (Win+G) does not work either.. It does not update and show game invites!

I'm trying to join a group in Sea of Thieves and they have invite only.

They send me tons of invites, but none of them shows up,

and on the rare occasion that they do,

the game tells me I can't join because I was not invited.

Xbox service is running and set to start on system start, I also have the tray icon active.

Any advice that will solve this is greatly appreciated.

And I really have to say that having 3 different apps for one task is stupid! Shame on you Microsoft!

:)

Bluelight82, Nov 22, 2020
  2. CrypticalAbl00d Win User

Xbox Game Bar party/voice invites do not work for me?

This happens to me too with game invites but theres a temporary fix i just reset my pc and i can only accept 1 invite before i have to reset it again. Kinda crazy how this has been happening for months and xbox support just tells me to reinstall gamebar,
    just patch the gamebar how hard is that to do?
  3. M O N S T FI z Win User

Updated the Gamebar can't start party's anymore

Ok thats what I thought but I dont realy understand the decision.

First of all: Wich App should I use now? The Xbox App or the Gamebar? There are two Apps installed on Windows that have the xbox Party Feature and both of them are lacking in different Features. In the beginning I used the Xbox App, but than oneday all Party
    and Game Invitations only appeared for the Xbox Game Bar even when it was disabld in Windows-Settings. That made me switch to the Gamebar. In the Gamebar i was missing Features like seeing who is in a friends party and they adde back a private Voice chat like
    on Xbox 360 wich made zero sense. on the Xbox App on the other hand I cant see my friends beeing in a party in the friendlist anymore, also it has no voice overlay and as I mentioned before I get all the Invites for the Game bar even if disabled.

Edit: Also I wanted to mention its still possible to start partys with the xbox app on PC, Smartphone and tablet so why removing the feature for PC players from the Gamebar?
  4. ItsKylie Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Companion App Not Receiving Party Invitations

The same thing happened to me. Its annoying because the Xbox app beta and the new gamebar both are really clunky at handling party chat and game invites the way I'd prefer (xbox beta wants you to do some weird 1 on 1 only chat & has limited party support,
    gamebar doenst have multimonitor support and you cant just join parties/invites from the notification which is annoying). I hope windows isnt quietly phasing out the companion app because the newer options just do not stack up in really baffling ways.
  5. TK_GAMER Win User

Why do you make it impossible to disable game bar?

followed dism and cmdlet versions. both failed. still loading in task manager. gamebar presence writer
  6. BrutalExtremeZ Win User

Party Chat and Dead Rising 3 invites failing

We can get in an xbox live party fine, for the most part. We both go into DR3, both try inviting at different times, it always just says "Failed to sent game invite, please try again later."
Thema:

1. Gamebar and Xbox app both fails to show game invites, how can I fix this? - Similar Threads - Gamebar app both

2. Gamebar microphone quality is bad compared to discord and in game chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamebar microphone quality is bad compared to discord and in game chat: I have been using the game bar when playing with friends on console and they say my mic is really bad distorts a lot. In discord and in game chat this doesn't happen. I have also tested my mic in...
  3. Xbox gamebar not recording all of my audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamebar not recording all of my audio: For months it was working fine, recording all my audio [Game audio, Discord audio (my friend's voices) and my mic's audio]. Everything can be heard in the clips. As of recently, Game DVR would...
  4. Win10 xBox GameBar won't record after installing new GT 1030

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 xBox GameBar won't record after installing new GT 1030: Hi. I have an HP Compaq Elite 8300 with an Intel Core i5 3470. It didn't come with a GPU. Only an iGPU (Intel HD Family Graphics 2500 i think). With that I was able to play some games and record...
  5. Xbox app and gamebar UI graphical bugs that were not present before.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app and gamebar UI graphical bugs that were not present before.: Is anyone else getting bugs with the UI for the Xbox app and the gamebar? The UI flickers certain icons when moving the mouse inside the app, the cursor isn't even near the icons that flicker....
  6. Xbox PC App/Gamebar See Who Is In Party

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC App/Gamebar See Who Is In Party: I remember seeing a button or line of text that said I could see who is in the party that my friend is currently in but I can't seem to find it anymore. Is this not added yet or am i missing...
  7. Xbox account won't let me sign in on windows 10 xbox app or gamebar

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox account won't let me sign in on windows 10 xbox app or gamebar: I am unable to sign into my xbox account on windows 10 everytime I do these 2 boxes open one says "We can't sign you into xbox live right now. Try again in a while. If that doesn't work, we have a...
  8. Xbox Gamebar and Companion App

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Gamebar and Companion App: So I have been on PC for a month or so now, everything worked perfect. Gamebar is what I usually use but yesterday I could not hear others and others can not hear me. I have reset the gamebar and...
  9. Unneeded xbox gamebar/app etc

in XBoX on Windows
    Unneeded xbox gamebar/app etc: HI, how do I uninstall the Xbox gamebar? Uninstall button greyed out and 'terminate' button not working. Thanks 06c8d719-c936-4d51-bfb0-ac8b8f5b71ad
  10. Cannot link to reddit account on XBOX App or GameBar

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot link to reddit account on XBOX App or GameBar: Welcome back! You are already logged in and will be redirected back to Reddit shortly. This is all I get when I try to link my account, it just sits there and does nothing. submitted by...