GameDVR:Moving/copying videos to external drive??

Discus and support GameDVR:Moving/copying videos to external drive?? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; What I would love is to select all videos on the game dvr and move them to the external drive. I would also love to set the game dvr to use the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by scndlsbob, Jun 7, 2014.

1. scndlsbob
    scndlsbob Guest

What I would love is to select all videos on the game dvr and move them to the external drive. I would also love to set the game dvr to use the external drive to write the videos to instead of the local drive.Setting the bitrate and resolution for the output
    would be great too for the writing to the external drive.

Currently the process is very long to get say 10 videos off to use for YouTube. I have to edit each one, upload each one, and download each one. For 10 videos it could take me over two hours on DSL just to upload them.

I have the new update that allows you to connect a 256GB or larger 3.0 USB drive, I have a 500GB 3.0 drive connected and formatted. I want to move/copy my game DVR videos onto that drive instead of uploading and downloading each of the over 200 videos I
    would like to use. Currently I did not see an option in the game dvr or when I select edit on the video to put them on the external drive.

:)

scndlsbob, Jun 7, 2014
  2. Emrickninja
    Emrickninja Guest
    2TB Seagate External Hard Drive Will Not Download Certain Games

EDIT:

- Tried reformatting drive after failed download.

- Tried changing attached external hard drive to different USB ports that can be installed on Xbox.

When moving or copying the base game to external hard drive, download usually stops around 0.7% to 0.9%

Emrickninja, Jun 7, 2014
  3. TexasStuBaby
    TexasStuBaby Guest
    How does Copying (not moving) games to en external Hard drive work?

yeah... not really copying... but moving instead.

TexasStuBaby, Jun 7, 2014
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox One S - Recording Game Clip To External Hard Drive, No Mic Audio Recorded

Hi there,

Thanks for your post! Natively, the GameDVR function only captures video and audio from the game being recorded. In order to get voice audio for your gameplay, you may want to consider an external audio capture device or a capture card that supports capturing
    audio of these together.

I hope this information helps.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Games automatically deleted from external drive

Why are you copying the game over instead of moving it to the external drive? That way you don't have to delete it after you moved it.

And maybe you accidentally already moved it, and deleted it from the external drive when it was already moved (deleted) from the internal drive.
  6. JosemberG N Win User

How to recording 1080p60 on Xbox One S?

Olá, creio que da para grava usando um HD externo de usb 3.0 ou entao usar a plataforma gamedvr

[Mod Translated - Hi, I think you can record using an external usb 3.0 hard drive or so use the gamedvr platform]
  7. Hoagy76 Win User

Dirty laser? How to clean?

If you have enough space on your external HDD, copy everything there from inside the Xbox.

Make sure your saved games are in the cloud. Then on the new one just set your default drive to the external

Open Settings on the Xbox One.

Open the System tab.

Select Storage.

Select the internal drive.

Select Transfer.

Select items you plan to transfer. If moving all items, choose Select all.

Choose Copy selected to copy the items between drives.

To move the items, select Move.

Choose the Ext. drive.

Press Copy or Move to transfer.

After transferring your games to an external hard drive, plug it into the new Xbox One.

Stored should appear in your library.
  8. ROD TWISM Win User

How does Copying (not moving) games to en external Hard drive work?

Once you copy from internal to external, the internal one will disappear after the process is done. So you are basically just moving it from one to the other. After you move all your games to the external drive. There will be a tab above your games that
    lets you choose internal/external "source". If you choose internal it will show empty if you have moved all your games to the external.
Thema:

1. GameDVR:Moving/copying videos to external drive?? - Similar Threads - GameDVR Moving copying

2. How do GameDVR clips in my XBOX LIVE transfer to my OneDrive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do GameDVR clips in my XBOX LIVE transfer to my OneDrive?: When I record gameplay clips on my XBOX system and have them uploaded to my XBOX LIVE, I then have the option of uploading them to my OneDrive. (they've been through the upload queue and are now...
  3. GameDVR's 4k HDR is the wrong Pixel Format

in XBoX on Consoles
    GameDVR's 4k HDR is the wrong Pixel Format: If you record a clip in 4k HDR and try to upload it directly to YouTube it looks horrible, but still reports its an HDR video. [MEDIA] (Raw Upload) I did find that I can use ffmpeg to convert the...
  4. GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds.: I have a problem with my DVR recordings. The video playback stutters every 2 seconds and makes the videos really unpleasant to watch, this only started happening recently and I have tried numerous...
  5. Need help reverting gamebar and gamedvr

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help reverting gamebar and gamedvr: Hi! I while ago I ran this script to troubleshoot fps stuttering in games: ( reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f sc config XblAuthManager...
  6. GameDVR? Windows function update version 1709

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GameDVR? Windows function update version 1709: GameDVR? Windows function update version 1709 Since I downloaded the latest Windows feature update, I can barely play a game in full screen mode! My suspicions? The GameDVR option can not be...
  7. GameDVR deleting from Xbox Live in My Xbox section

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GameDVR deleting from Xbox Live in My Xbox section: I am on the latest dashboard preview. I recorded several clips over the last week and today, started uploading them to Xbox Live. Once I got the upload success message, I started deleting them...
  8. GameDVR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GameDVR: Do ever since the new update (27.28.8007.00000) on xbox for windows 10, my GameDVR windows shortcuts wont work. I've even tried to make my own shortcuts, but they wont work either. Please help me...
  9. GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    GameDVR problem - Video playback is stuttering, video stutters every 2 seconds.: I have a problem with my DVR recordings. The video playback stutters every 2 seconds and makes the videos really unpleasant to watch, this only started happening recently and I have tried numerous...
  10. gamedvr help rec

in XBoX on Consoles
    gamedvr help rec: Hi Maybe in the category and I wrote it wrongly because I don't even know what it should be. So before the update (Red Game Bar), I can record videos smoothly by using the DVR recorder without...