Gamepad Controller doesn't work on Windows 11

Discus and support Gamepad Controller doesn't work on Windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have seen this thread for a few different people. I have looked at various fixes on the internet but none seem to work for me. I've broken it into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PastProductions, May 22, 2022.

1. Gamepad Controller doesn't work on Windows 11

I have seen this thread for a few different people. I have looked at various fixes on the internet but none seem to work for me. I've broken it into the following steps as it may be easier to follow.

1. I have a ZD-V108 wired gamepad. It worked fine on my Windows 10 Laptop. I upgraded to a new laptop that was also windows 10. The gamepad worked fine. After updating to Windows 11, the gamepad is now not working. It says the following message:
    2. "The last device that you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it. Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If windows still does not recognise it, your device may not be working properly".
    3. Thinking the gamepad was broken, I tried my other non-branded gamepad that I have as a spare. This gamepad is Bluetooth and uses a wireless USB dongle to connect to the laptop. When I tried it, this also threw up the same message.
    4. Out of curiosity, I plugged both gamepads into my old laptop that was still running windows 10. Low and behold, they still work. When I go into Device Manager, I see the following message:

"Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Delving further into its settings tab, the following message is displayed:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed."
    THINGS I'VE TRIED (THAT HAVE FAILED)

1. Reinstalling drivers using windows update.
    2. Going to the manufacturer's website and searching for an updated driver - they direct me to install the XBOX 360 controller driver for windows.
    3. Following various YouTube and Googled tutorials that direct you to tinker with various settings.
    None of these have worked and its really infuriating. I don't know what else to do. I don't want to have to reinstall windows 10 as this will only be a temporary fix. Surely Microsoft must have had this problem reported enough to make a workable solution for it?

Any help gratefully appreciated!

*Moved to Gaming and Xbox*

:)

PastProductions, May 22, 2022
  2. MysteryMan505 Win User

I can't calibrate my xbox 360 controller

I have done all the steps up to selecting the XNA Gamepad because it doesn't appear in the game controller window.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Logitech f710 gamepad problem.

4. ngocphi Win User

Unable to use a Sony Dualshock 4 Controller for Cloud Gaming.

It would only work As a gamepad not dual shock

Sony doesn't make.drivers for pc only.thr steam ones

You need a Windows compatible controller

There are beta drivers if you look on google but without offical sony support you won't have the full functions

Xbox gamepass ultimate need windows to recognize it

If it runs as a gamepad the analog sticks will probably not work

You can always attach it to your phone just won't have full functjonz
  5. stoxxl Win User

Forza Horizon 4 xbox 360 controller[Forza Horizon 4 xbox 360 controller]

everything is working, game starts, keybord and mouse working also in game

Gamepad is connected but i can´t control with gamepad in game
  6. Sayann X Win User

Laptopum joystick görmüyor

Web translation- Hello, there's nothing wrong with my gamepadim, but my laptop doesn't see the gamepad.

How did you plug in your controller? if it's an xbox controller, do you have the adapter for windows 10?

Web translation in your language- Kumandanı nasıl taktın? xbox kumandası ise, windows 10 için bağdaştırıcı var mı?
Thema:

Gamepad Controller doesn't work on Windows 11

1. Gamepad Controller doesn't work on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Gamepad Controller doesn't

2. Xbox series gamepad\controller is not working with Guardians of the Galaxy (PC Game Pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series gamepad\controller is not working with Guardians of the Galaxy (PC Game Pass): I have the latest firmware through Xbox accessories app on my gamepad. Gamepad is connected via Bluetooth. All the other games work perfectly on Game Pass with my gamepad. But this game does not...
  3. Windows 10 reinstalling my old unplugged gamepad controller! :/

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 reinstalling my old unplugged gamepad controller! :/: Hello, I am in huge distress with the driver issue that I have right now since yesterday! I went to replace my faulty PowerA Xbox One gamepad controller yesterday as my previous Xbox One exact...
  4. Some tweaks on web browser gamepad controls to provide better couch gaming experience for...

in XboX Insiders
    Some tweaks on web browser gamepad controls to provide better couch gaming experience for...: Hello, I really enjoy xbox cloud gaming on my laptop, and I have a suggestion as the title mentions. When I play games with my laptop on cloud gaming I would like to be able to not touch the...
  5. Unknown Gamepad (Vendor: 045e Product: 0b20) Controller doesnt get recognized as an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unknown Gamepad (Vendor: 045e Product: 0b20) Controller doesnt get recognized as an...: This is my sixth time asking with no resolution,After an controller update via xbox,My controller doesnt allow me to play with it due to games not being able to recognize the controller.If i test...
  6. Wireless Controller for XBOX one in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless Controller for XBOX one in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with...: Hello, After reading a lot of potst about the same Problem happening on the newer Xbox Series X/S Controller I experience the same Problem with my Wireless Controller for XBOX one. I used the...
  7. Redragon ERIS Gamepad to KB MS Converter no longer working after Controller Update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Redragon ERIS Gamepad to KB MS Converter no longer working after Controller Update: Hi, firstly I love that you can now plug a keyboard and mouse directly into the xbox console but that does not help if not all games are compatible with keyboard and mouse playing yet. My...
  8. Xiaomi gamepad bluetooth controller right trigger doesn't work on android

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xiaomi gamepad bluetooth controller right trigger doesn't work on android: Hello, i'm playing Xbox cloud on my tablet android Samsung galaxy tab A. My xiaomi gamepad bluetooth controller has a problem. Every button works except the RT trigger (which is called R2 on the...
  9. Xbox Series X/S Controller in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X/S Controller in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat...: I've had this controller since it came out, and the issue has persisted in all those months since then. As described in the title, the controller, when in bluetooth, is not recognized as an xbox...
  10. Wireless Display on Series S - can’t get my controller to function as mouse or gamepad for...

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless Display on Series S - can’t get my controller to function as mouse or gamepad for...: I did some searching and haven’t been able to find any relevant posts in the last two years. I just got a new Series S and I’m trying to use the Wireless Display feature with my PC to play Steam...