Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select

Discus and support Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; My Gamepass app (Android) is unable to find a default Xbox for me to select so I download games from the app. I have been through all the checks... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by disabledegg, Jun 12, 2019.

1. disabledegg
    disabledegg Guest

My Gamepass app (Android) is unable to find a default Xbox for me to select so I download games from the app. I have been through all the checks suggested in help e.g. settings with the console and these are correct, along with unin/reinstalls of the app
    and sign in/out on my Xbox.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

:)

disabledegg, Jun 12, 2019
  2. CretinCam Win User

One of the 2 systems is my home console yet neither shows up.

Just renamed the xbox it for funzies, nothing.

And, again:

•Power mode set to instant-on.

•Turning off storage when powered off is unchecked.

•Allow remote installations is checked

•Show progress remotely is checked

•All Xbox App Connectivity options are enabled
  3. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi CretinCam

There a few requirements to make sure your Xbox is able to do remote installations. First, your Xbox needs to be your home console which you can confirm from your Personalization settings. Now, there are a couple of things that you’ll need to do before you
    get started:

Rename your console: this will help you to identify it easily.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to System > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Name, then enter your new console name.

Note Your console name may contain only letters, numbers, and hyphens.

Select Restart now.

Set your console to Instant-on: your console will need to be in standby mode for game installations to be triggered remotely.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to System > Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.

Select Power mode to change the setting to Instant-on.

Enable Remote Install: this is disabled on your console by default.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to System > Settings > System > Updates.

Select Allow remote installs.

From the Game Pass app: Select the game you want to install, then select Install on Home Xbox.

Note you can only do this on your home Xbox.
  4. CretinCam Win User

Not sure what changed, but after screwing around for an hour and a half, both systems are magically showing up.

I guess the Xbox pixie just needed some traveling time.
  5. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Have you made sure there is a default xbox selected in the game pass app also?
  6. CretinCam Win User

Have you made sure there is a default xbox selected in the game pass app also?
    That was the problem. The Xboxes would not show up to select a default Xbox.

Now they're there. 🤷‍♂️
Thema:

1. Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select - Similar Threads - Gamepass App default

2. IOS app - Gamepass for PC?

in XboX Insiders
    IOS app - Gamepass for PC?: Hi there, I think on the native Xbox gamepass app for iOS there should be an option to chose between gamepass for Xbox and gamepass for PC. I’m a subscriber for pc app and I’d like to browse some...
  3. Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select

in XBoX on Mobile
    Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select: I'm having the same issue on 2 Xbox One S's. Game Pass app for Android 9. Xbox OS version 10.0.18362.6065 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1908.190807-1720) Version is the same on both consoles. •Power...
  4. Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App.: I’m struggling with setting up my Xbox as my default on the Xbox Gamepass App as even though I have followed the steps provided such as enabling remote downloads and instant-on, I am still unable...
  5. How to change install directory for xbox (beta) app gamepass on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    How to change install directory for xbox (beta) app gamepass on pc: If you are like myself and use a modist sized drive for windows and use a larger drive for gaming you generally want to install your games on your storage drive not your boot drive, but as it...
  6. Cannot download GamePass PC games through Xbox Beta App, with error 0x80070005

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download GamePass PC games through Xbox Beta App, with error 0x80070005: i currently cant even seem to get to the xbox pass libary or my own game libary i keep getting this error message [img] ad93c5fa-f57d-4a80-8b54-0607b4e48aeb
  7. NFL Gamepass International App issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFL Gamepass International App issues: Regarding the Gamepass International XBox App and the NFL films content part of it, I have two issues: A) the list of the shows is not displayed properly (see below pic) (minor issue) [img]...
  8. Nfl gamepass europe app xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nfl gamepass europe app xbox one s: since we had to change to the europe version i was able to watch some pre season highlights but since the regular season started the app opens shows the gamepass logo but stays on that screen with...
  9. Gamepass app not available in my country anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass app not available in my country anymore: with the new app update for nfl gamepass, i was supprised when the following message apear on the screen: “ app not availabe in your country”, even that until now, for at least 3 years was ok!!...
  10. NFL Xbox app and Gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFL Xbox app and Gamepass: Hi, I am in the UK and use the NFL Xbox one app to watch games via gamepass. What is really annoying is when going to watch a game that has finished the screen shows FT for games that have...