Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select

Discus and support Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I'm having the same issue on 2 Xbox One S's. Game Pass app for Android 9. Xbox OS version 10.0.18362.6065 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1908.190807-1720)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by CretinCam, Sep 6, 2019.

1. CretinCam
    CretinCam Guest

I'm having the same issue on 2 Xbox One S's.

Game Pass app for Android 9.

Xbox OS version 10.0.18362.6065

(19h1_release_xbox_dev_1908.190807-1720)

Version is the same on both consoles.

•Power mode set to instant-on.

•Turning off storage when powered off is unchecked.

•Allow remote installations is checked

•Show progress remotely is checked

•All Xbox App Connectivity options are enabled

Tried toggleing options above and restarting.

Tried soft factory reset.

Tried clearing cache for Game Pass app.

:)

CretinCam, Sep 6, 2019
  2. CretinCam Win User

One of the 2 systems is my home console yet neither shows up.

Just renamed the xbox it for funzies, nothing.

And, again:

•Power mode set to instant-on.

•Turning off storage when powered off is unchecked.

•Allow remote installations is checked

•Show progress remotely is checked

•All Xbox App Connectivity options are enabled
  3. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi CretinCam

There a few requirements to make sure your Xbox is able to do remote installations. First, your Xbox needs to be your home console which you can confirm from your Personalization settings. Now, there are a couple of things that you’ll need to do before you
    get started:

Rename your console: this will help you to identify it easily.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to System > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Name, then enter your new console name.

Note Your console name may contain only letters, numbers, and hyphens.

Select Restart now.

Set your console to Instant-on: your console will need to be in standby mode for game installations to be triggered remotely.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to System > Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.

Select Power mode to change the setting to Instant-on.

Enable Remote Install: this is disabled on your console by default.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to System > Settings > System > Updates.

Select Allow remote installs.

From the Game Pass app: Select the game you want to install, then select Install on Home Xbox.

Note you can only do this on your home Xbox.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there,

We will be locking this older thread due to it being revived by a new post. If the issue is
    on going, we recommend creating a new thread
    detailing the issue at hand and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. We will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thank you!
  5. Edgarour Win User

I was going to recommend that you erase cache

It is likely that the application is in maintenance, be patient a couple of days to see if there is a difference
  6. Jasper Quentez Win User

Hey I'm having the exact same problem, My xbox gamepass app on both my phone and my PC says that there is no "default" device linked and my xbox is not showing up on the list even though i can see the device listed on my microsoft account page. Please
    Help!
Thema:

1. Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select - Similar Threads - Gamepass App default

2. How to download GamePass games from the Xbox Beta app

in XBoX on Windows
    How to download GamePass games from the Xbox Beta app: Hey everyone, So, I've been trying to play Halo MCC on PC (I also play it on Xbox), but the game just launches unitl the 343 Studios logo appears, and then it redirects me to the Mircrosoft Store...
  3. Gamepass App (android) freezes on open

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass App (android) freezes on open: Gamepass App (android) is hanging whenever I open it, right on the Xbox logo with the green background. submitted by /u/hippoposthumous1 [link] [comments]
  4. I upgraded Windows, downloaded Xbox app for PC, purchased gamepass, still low performance...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I upgraded Windows, downloaded Xbox app for PC, purchased gamepass, still low performance...: I upgraded Windows, downloaded Xbox app for PC, purchased gamepass, still low performance on game - cannot play. I tried Forza and Disney - they both lag and have poor performance. If I cannot...
  5. Xbox app pc doesn't show that I subscribe to gamepass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app pc doesn't show that I subscribe to gamepass.: I subscribe for the xbox game pass using the promotional link in the app for spotify premium. Went through paying and everything, when I go back to the app it says I have to join xbox game pass....
  6. IOS app - Gamepass for PC?

in XboX Insiders
    IOS app - Gamepass for PC?: Hi there, I think on the native Xbox gamepass app for iOS there should be an option to chose between gamepass for Xbox and gamepass for PC. I’m a subscriber for pc app and I’d like to browse some...
  7. Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App.: I’m struggling with setting up my Xbox as my default on the Xbox Gamepass App as even though I have followed the steps provided such as enabling remote downloads and instant-on, I am still unable...
  8. How to change install directory for xbox (beta) app gamepass on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    How to change install directory for xbox (beta) app gamepass on pc: If you are like myself and use a modist sized drive for windows and use a larger drive for gaming you generally want to install your games on your storage drive not your boot drive, but as it...
  9. Cannot download GamePass PC games through Xbox Beta App, with error 0x80070005

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download GamePass PC games through Xbox Beta App, with error 0x80070005: i currently cant even seem to get to the xbox pass libary or my own game libary i keep getting this error message [img] ad93c5fa-f57d-4a80-8b54-0607b4e48aeb
  10. Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select

in XBoX on Mobile
    Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select: My Gamepass app (Android) is unable to find a default Xbox for me to select so I download games from the app. I have been through all the checks suggested in help e.g. settings with the console...