Gamepass PC wifi vs hotspot

Discus and support Gamepass PC wifi vs hotspot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been having trouble downloading Fo76 on my PC. I'll select download from the xbox app, it will say preparing / downloading for 15 minutes then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Karl96, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Karl96
    Karl96 Guest

I've been having trouble downloading Fo76 on my PC. I'll select download from the xbox app, it will say preparing / downloading for 15 minutes then will just fail with the error code 0x87e00005 which even scrolling though google hasn't come up with a solution for me. Just wondering if anyone else has had the issue?

I have gamepass Ultimate

Tried WSReset

Tried different storage options

re starting PC

However, I have tried using my phones hotspot and it solves all problems... only issue is, I dont want to use my entire usage. Any Ideas?

Appreciate any help

:)

Karl96, Jul 23, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Karl96. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

May I know if you are using any proxy or VPN on your computer? Also, what country do you live in?

Waiting for your kind reply.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Can I use Xbox ones WiFi to teather to Internetless pc?

Your PC would have to have a WiFi hardware that is compatible of being turned into an access point.

If you have Windows 10 installed on your PC, simply open the settings, by clicking the start menu, and then clicking on the gear/cogwheel symbol on the lower left.

In the settings window, go to the network settings.

On the left choose the "Mobile Hotspot" category and enable the mobile hotspot.

You can also set a specific name and Passphrase for your Hotspot. Then you can try if your console sees that hotspot, and you can then use your PC's LAN connection to provide Internet to the console via WiFi.

Alternatively, open up a command prompt as administrator.

Enter the following command:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NAME key=PASSWORD

Replace NAME with the desired name for your WiFi Hotspot and PASSWORD for the Passphrase you want to use to encrypt your WiFi.

Be aware, that you can not use your WiFi to connect to the internet at the same time.

Your PC must have a LAN connection to the internet to be able to provide WiFi Hotspot functions.

If you want the Xbox to provide Internet to a PC, then this won't work. The Xbox can not provide WiFi Hotspot functions.
  4. mk13070 Win User

Nat type problem

reset your wifi and pc and hotspot and it seems to work for me when i do it.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox wont connect to my hotspot

Well, your console has to connect to the Hotspot. The Hotspot only provides WiFi, and does not connect to devices itself.

Set up your Hotspot to be visible. If you use a smartphone as Hotspot, be aware that you can NOT use Bluetooth as tethering method. The phone needs to use WiFi to share it's cellular connection.

Some modern phones are able to bridge a WiFi connection, but usually, if you set up a WiFi hotspot on your phone, the connection to WiFi gets disconnected, and the phone connects to the Internet via it's cellular network, and shares that connection via WiFi.

Go to your console's network settings and let it search for WiFi networks. Does your Hotspot SSID (Network Name) show up in the list?

If not, check your phone settings.

If the SSID shows up on the console, connect to it, and provide the Password that the phone provides (or that you set up in your phone for the Hotspot).

Depending on your cellular data plan, it might not be permitted to use Laptops, PCs or consoles via cellular hotspot. In that case contact your phone provider.

Also be aware, that multiplayer through such a hotspot is usually problematic.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Ark Genesis separate on Xbox and Windows 10.

If the game is different for Xbox vs. PC then it should be the same on GamePass. The Xbox version won't load on a PC.
Thema:

1. Gamepass PC wifi vs hotspot - Similar Threads - Gamepass wifi hotspot

2. Xbox Gamepass for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamepass for PC: Hi, I'm having an issue with trying to play gamepass games on my PC. I ahve gamespass ultimate and everything works fine on my console. I'm signed into the acccount as I can see all the games I...
  3. Xbox gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass: Ive tried to buy the xbox gamepass ultimate but it wont let me get it or buy any other games. my country (Qatar) is not in the xbox and every time I want to buy it, it asks me for a location...
  4. Gamepass Game Suggestion (Hydro Thunder)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass Game Suggestion (Hydro Thunder): I believe hydrothunder is one of the greatest Xbox 360 games to ever exist compared to most other games and it deserves some recognition. I believe this would also be accomplished as Microsoft did...
  5. Xbox Gamepass Perk for 3 months of discord not working.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Gamepass Perk for 3 months of discord not working.: I've been trying to claim the 3 months of discord from my xbox gamepass perks but everytime I try to redeem it either on my xbox browser, phone browser, or pc browser website displays this...
  6. Gamepass syncing problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass syncing problems: For a few days, some Gamepass games keep 'syncing data' forever. After signing in, what seems to succeed, the syncing data appears but never leaves. Did the verify and repair steps and stopped the...
  7. Unable to share the new gamepass insider program with family

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to share the new gamepass insider program with family: A few days ago Xbox implemented the funtion to invite the family to the gamepass in 2 countries, I am from Colombia and I had been trying to get my family inside the new family gamepass. However...
  8. Do my Minecraft builds continue to exist post GamePass cancellation?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do my Minecraft builds continue to exist post GamePass cancellation?: This is not a Realms question. It's about a basic Minecraft account. I have GamePass which I signed up for just to play Minecraft on my laptop the past few months. I no longer have the time for...
  9. durdurup indirmeye devam edememek xbox gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    durdurup indirmeye devam edememek xbox gamepass: xbox gampass üzerinden sea of thives oyununu indirmeye başladım lakin internetim kesildi ve yarım kaldı daha sonra devam etmek istediğimde devam edemediğimi gördüm acil yardım ****Moved from...
  10. Xbox PC Gamepass Downloads Crash Wifi within 5 Minutes Every Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox PC Gamepass Downloads Crash Wifi within 5 Minutes Every Time: Every time I start a download on Xbox PC it downloads for a couple of minutes before crashing my wifi. It isn't a problem with my router as steam downloads at similar speeds and has no issues, and...