Gamer Tag and account email address

Discus and support Gamer Tag and account email address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK, so I recently had the red ring of death on my 2nd xbox360, I have purchased a new one and cannot for the life of me remember the email address I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RhysA, Feb 8, 2014.

1. RhysA
    RhysA Guest

OK, so I recently had the red ring of death on my 2nd xbox360, I have purchased a new one and cannot for the life of me remember the email address I used (it's been years since I had to actually login).

Is there anyway to get my email address from my Gamertag?? All my saved games, all my sons' saved games are on my profile, but cannot access them at all. The information online is all over the place, had to setup a new account with 2 factor authentication
    just to get on these forums.

Any help would be appreciated, I know the tag, had it ever since the 360 came out, would be a shame to lose it after all these years, plus all the saved games on the HDD that I cannot access right now as I don't have the login information.

Regards, LB.

:)

RhysA, Feb 8, 2014
  2. Dockings
    Dockings Guest
    So, how many of you are 10 year Xbox Live gamers?

I started with the xboxlive beta with the headset and MotoGP disk, but I currently have a new different gamer tag due to my associated Hotmail account going inactive, due to not logging into email, and thus preventing me from renewing the live account. I had to create a new account while I went through the steps of recovery for the Hotmail address. Once recovered, I simply stayed with my new gamer tag... Now associated with the old Hotmail account. :-(

Dockings, Feb 8, 2014
  3. Accidentally created a second gamer tag on same email as first

first of all you can not have 2 different gamer tags on one email address so there must be a different email address associated with the original gamer tag your best bet would be to contact xbox support at support.xbox.com/contact-us and give them your gamer
    tag and if they can verify your account they can give you the email address associated with your original gamer tag

steeledwand7664, Feb 8, 2014
  4. Gamer Tag and account email address

Okay, you could speak with xbox support, online chat or by the phone, give them the gamertag and they may look at the emails linked to them and ask a few security questions to identify you're the owner, also if the broken console has the Red Ring of Death,
    the hard drive can be moved, so move the hard drive into the new console if possible, if not, speaking to the support team is the best idea

In Outer Heaven, Feb 8, 2014
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Accidentally created a second gamer tag on same email as first

first of all you can not have 2 different gamer tags on one email address so there must be a different email address associated with the original gamer tag your best bet would be to contact xbox support at support.xbox.com/contact-us and give them your gamer
    tag and if they can verify your account they can give you the email address associated with your original gamer tag
  6. WoodRat1969 Win User

Losing Original email address

It only shows the gamer tag . Not the email address associated with the account.
  7. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Profile error on mobile device... please help!

Each gamer tag is tied to a unique email address. Since you're stating everything is wrong, you're most likely using the wrong sign in email address for your account.

Go back to your console, assuming that's where you see the correct Gamer Tag and such.

Go to Settings > Account > Sign in, security and passkey and you'll see the sign in email address there for the account you're currently signed into.
  8. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

I NEED HELP TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT!! PLEASE HELP MEEE

If you can, please go back and edit your post to remove your personal info "email address" from your last post.

Each account will have it's own unique sign in email address and gamer tag.

The "pillow" gamer tag is tied to that email address.

Your other gamer tag "snowcat" is going to be tied to another email address. So that's going to be the trick is to see if you can find what email address you might have used for the "snowcat" account.

The support here is provided by users, not Xbox Support.

You can try and contact Xbox Support and see if the can help with locating the account by your gamer tag,

You can contact Xbox Support here -
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  9. steeledwand7664 Win User

im confused

no one else can have the same gamer tag as you so there is no way for them to have suspended someone else with the same gamer tag.

you may want to double check the email address that is associated with your gamer tag that is the email address that they would have sent the email to.

if you are on a xbox one you can check what email is associated with your account by signing into the account and going to settings and under the account tab and go to sign in security and passkey and it will tell you there what email is associated with
    that particular gamertag.
Thema:

1. Gamer Tag and account email address - Similar Threads - Gamer Tag account

2. Totally forget the email account linked to this gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Totally forget the email account linked to this gamer tag: So, months ago I give my console to a friend as a gift. He and his little brother create a new Xbox Account and I decide to give my bank account to activate Xbox Gold for the first two months. Now...
  3. Old Gamer tag taken by unused account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old Gamer tag taken by unused account: I recently changed my gamer tag and after I changed it I was going to use my second account to store my old gamer tag but someone else took it. I know the account that took it is unused as it's...
  4. Gamer tag inactive account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag inactive account: I want the name Trigga been in an active account that has an any games played has the name in the lower case T is also blocked by the same account is there anyway to get this gamer tag from this...
  5. Account Gamer tag Snagged and used to troll.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account Gamer tag Snagged and used to troll.: Aloha to Reader, My name is YETI and I previously had a gamer tag but switched it for awhile. I was streaming on mixer and one stream I said that I wanted to switch it back to that name, but...
  6. Change the ea account link to my gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change the ea account link to my gamer tag: so a long time ago i think i link a old ea account to my gamer tag and now i want to link it to my main ea account thta i use on pc and on twitch.. how can i change this linkes ea account :)...
  7. Is it possible to switch the gamer tag associated with the parent account to a child account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to switch the gamer tag associated with the parent account to a child account?: Initially when we got our first xbox, I had created an account (parent account) that used all of my information, and was associated to the xbox & xbox live/gold details. Being new to xbox, I...
  8. When will my Closed account’s Xbox Gamer Tag be available

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will my Closed account’s Xbox Gamer Tag be available: Split from this thread. So when will it be available? You may not be able to say exactly, due to system updates and such but surely you can state a rough time frame?...
  9. Gamer tag change processed on wrong account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag change processed on wrong account: Hello, I changed my gamertag yesterday, but the change was processed on the wrong account. When i changed it, the site prompted me to sign in. I signed in using [Mod Removed- Personal...
  10. Xbox one gamer tag transfer to my child's account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one gamer tag transfer to my child's account?: I have set up a new xbox profile for my son, which is connected to his child account. I wanted the ability to control his gaming time. How can I transfer the gamertag he has been using, linked...